Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Cannot add IOS view to Android app

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Feb 15, 2018 3:06 PM Last Post By: Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson

Cannot add IOS view to Android app  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 15, 2018 11:18 AM
Greetings

When I first started developing multi-device applications, I did not install the ios device support, since my app was only to be deployed on Android.

Of course, we all know how that went. I now need to deploy the app on IOS. So, I added the platforms from the platform manager, went to the app, and added an IOS view. Unfortunately, I don't have any IOS devices or the simulator under my project manager, and I can't figure out how to get them there.

If I start a new multi-device project, I of course get all of the devices for all platforms because they are all active.

Is there any way to add the IOS devices to my project?

Thanks so much.

Mark Anderson
Dalija Prasnikar

Re: Cannot add IOS view to Android app
Correct
  Posted: Feb 15, 2018 11:31 AM   in response to: Mark Anderson in response to: Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson wrote:
Greetings

When I first started developing multi-device applications, I did not install the ios device support, since my app was only to be deployed on Android.

Of course, we all know how that went. I now need to deploy the app on IOS. So, I added the platforms from the platform manager, went to the app, and added an IOS view. Unfortunately, I don't have any IOS devices or the simulator under my project manager, and I can't figure out how to get them there.

If I start a new multi-device project, I of course get all of the devices for all platforms because they are all active.

Yes.
I haven't done it for a while so I am not sure how
well it works, but open your dproj file and replace <Platforms> tag
with following

<Platforms>
<Platform value="Android">True</Platform>
<Platform value="iOSDevice32">True</Platform>
<Platform value="iOSDevice64">True</Platform>
<Platform value="iOSSimulator">True</Platform>
<Platform value="OSX32">True</Platform>
<Platform value="Win32">True</Platform>
<Platform value="Win64">True</Platform>
</Platforms>

AFAIK this is the place that defines which platforms you can add.

--
Dalija Prasnikar
Embarcadero MVP
https://dalijap.blogspot.com/
Delphi Memory Management for Classic and ARC Compilers
https://dalija.prasnikar.info/delphimm/

Mark Anderson

Re: Cannot add IOS view to Android app  
  Posted: Feb 15, 2018 3:06 PM   in response to: Mark Anderson in response to: Mark Anderson
Perfect! Thanks so much!

Mark Anderson wrote:
Greetings

Thanks so much.

Mark Anderson
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02