Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Keyboard Auto Complete feature not available on STYLED edit controls

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 0
William Brookfi...

Keyboard Auto Complete feature not available on STYLED edit controls  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 10, 2018 12:21 PM
DELPHI BERLIN Version 24.0.25048.9432

Our customers have asked to enable to autocomplete and voice input keyboard feature. I realize that this is only available when the ControlType is set to Platform.
I have written code to scroll the to form up (Scaled form) when the keyboard is shown and it work great.
When I change a TMemo ControlType to Platform. The code to scroll the form up does not work because the TMemo does not set itself as the focused control before the FormVirtualKeyboardShown event fires , which is required by the code to determine how much to scroll up to make the Tmemo appear above the keyboard.

The Tedit works properly.

I have a HACK that attempts to scroll up by using the OnEnter event, but I have to hardcode the keyboard height since I do not have the Bounds value that the FormVirtualKeyboardShown event provides.

What is stranger still is the the Tmemo will set the focused if I long press in the tmemo, but not if I just tap in the Tmemo.

Anyone have this issue?
Any suggestions for a better method?

The best method would be to enable the autocomplete and voice input for styled edit controls.

Thank you

Edited by: William Brookfield on Jan 10, 2018 3:27 PM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02