Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: TScrollBar (firemonkey) capturing mouse events

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Dec 15, 2017 10:58 AM Last Post By: Kenneth Czepelka
Kenneth Czepelka

TScrollBar (firemonkey) capturing mouse events  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 9, 2017 2:25 PM
I need to catch a mouse up event when a user scrolls a scroll bar, then releases the mouse button. The mouseup event doesn't get called, likely because the scroll button itself is capturing the mouse button instead of the scroll bar below it. Also, what good are the mouse events in TScrollBar if they don't actually capture any mouse actions? Is there a reason why they are there? Thanks
Kenneth Czepelka

Re: TScrollBar (firemonkey) capturing mouse events  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 15, 2017 10:58 AM   in response to: Kenneth Czepelka in response to: Kenneth Czepelka
Kenneth Czepelka wrote:
I need to catch a mouse up event when a user scrolls a scroll bar, then releases the mouse button. The mouseup event doesn't get called, likely because the scroll button itself is capturing the mouse button instead of the scroll bar below it. Also, what good are the mouse events in TScrollBar if they don't actually capture any mouse actions? Is there a reason why they are there? Thanks

Anyone have any workarounds for this? I'm trying to get the scrollbar to bounce back to a center position when the user releases the scroll bar after moving it. I was going to use the mouse button up for this, but I can't capture that event. Using XE5. Is this event capturable in the latest version? If so I might upgrade. Thanks
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02