Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Embarcadero Rad Studio 10.1.2 Delphi Linker error code 1 ($00000001)

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: Nov 13, 2017 9:58 AM Last Post By: David Alcelay
Luis Lopez

Embarcadero Rad Studio 10.1.2 Delphi Linker error code 1 ($00000001)  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 2, 2017 11:59 AM
Hello, recently i've been having a problem with an Android project and i hope someone can help me with this. Since yesterday i've been trying to generar an apk of my project but everytime i get the same error, here it is:

[DCC Error] E2597 C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\PlatformSDKs\android-ndk-r9c\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.6\prebuilt\windows\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: fatal error: .
Android
Debug
libAlamcenistaImpo.so: mmap: failed to allocate 202548716 bytes for output file: Not enough space

[DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001)

The apk file has been generating normally until yesterday, now i can't test this project on an Android device because of this error. I have found similar messages of Linker error code 1 except without the previous message "Failed to allocate memory". What does this mean? And what do i do to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.
Dave Nottage

Re: Embarcadero Rad Studio 10.1.2 Delphi Linker error code 1 ($00000001)
Helpful
  Posted: May 2, 2017 1:23 PM   in response to: Luis Lopez in response to: Luis Lopez
Luis Lopez wrote:

The apk file has been generating normally until yesterday, now i can't test this project on an Android device because
of this error. I have found similar messages of Linker error code 1 except without the previous message "Failed to
allocate memory". What does this mean? And what do i do to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

It means the linker is running out of memory. How large is your project? When you receive the error, what happens if
you then compile (rather than build)?

Have you tried compiling using the MSBuild option? In Project Options, select "Delphi Compiler" (at the very top), then
select "Use MSBuild externally to compile"

--
Dave Nottage [MVP, TeamB]
Hints, tips and tricks at: http://www.delphiworlds.com/blog
Luis Lopez

Posted: May 3, 2017 7:11 AM   in response to: Dave Nottage in response to: Dave Nottage
Thanks for reply Dave, the project is quite big actually but yesterday after a lot of research i have solved my problem. I did the instructions presented in the second topic of this article at the support page of embarcadero http://support.embarcadero.com/article/44279 and my problem is no more, the apk file generates really fast, so yeah, hope this can help anyone with the same problem as well.

Dave Nottage wrote:
Luis Lopez wrote:

The apk file has been generating normally until yesterday, now i can't test this project on an Android device because
of this error. I have found similar messages of Linker error code 1 except without the previous message "Failed to
allocate memory". What does this mean? And what do i do to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

It means the linker is running out of memory. How large is your project? When you receive the error, what happens if
you then compile (rather than build)?

Have you tried compiling using the MSBuild option? In Project Options, select "Delphi Compiler" (at the very top), then
select "Use MSBuild externally to compile"

--

Edited by: Luis Lopez on May 3, 2017 7:13 AM
Dave Nottage

Re: Embarcadero Rad Studio 10.1.2 Delphi Linker error code 1 ($00000001) [Edit]
Helpful
  Posted: May 3, 2017 12:57 PM   in response to: Luis Lopez in response to: Luis Lopez
Luis Lopez wrote:

Thanks for reply Dave, the project is quite big actually but yesterday after a lot of research i have solved my
problem. I did the instructions presented in the second topic of this article at the support page of embarcadero
http://support.embarcadero.com/article/44279 and my problem is no more, the apk file generates really fast, so yeah,
hope this can help anyone with the same problem as well.

You may also find that using DDevExtensions:

http://andy.jgknet.de/blog/ide-tools/ddevextensions/

With the "Release compiler unit cache before compiling" feature turned on will help not having to close projects/groups
to release memory.

--
Stéphane WIERZB...

Posted: May 18, 2017 7:51 AM   in response to: Luis Lopez in response to: Luis Lopez

I'm getting this all the time and specially when switching and then compiling my project (Win32 compiling -> Win32 running -> Android Compiling).
I've found one workaround : "cleaning" the project before compiling (Win32 compiling -> Win32 running -> Cleaning project -> Android Compiling).
David Alcelay

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 9:58 AM   in response to: Luis Lopez in response to: Luis Lopez
Hi all,
I'm suffering a similar issue:
[DCC Error] E2597 C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin\ld-linux.exe: error: D:
GIT
Build
Bin
Linux64
Release
UHS.Framework.Base.V2.vsr:849:36: invalid character
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin\ld-linux.exe: error: D:
GIT
Build
Bin
Linux64
Release
UHS.Framework.Base.V2.vsr:849:36: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ';'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin\ld-linux.exe: fatal error: unable to parse version script file D:
GIT
Build
Bin
Linux64
Release
UHS.Framework.Base.V2.vsr

I'm trying to convert a firemonkey project to a linux project, that is composed by many packages and an exe. Well, some packages are compiled with no problem in linux, but i havereached to a big package with general functions, types, class, ...after inserting many ifdef here and there, everything looks fine, so I can compile for win64 (I check first that can compile in the original platform the project was designed for), but when I compile for linux seems like all units are compiled but in some of the final stages of the compilation the error appears and i'm not sure what is happening, the error (at least to me) does not clarify what is wrong.

Any idea?

Reading here and there, didn't find some useful trick. Tried to refresh the Linux (Ubuntu) SDK, also uninstalled and reinstalled the SDK but no success.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02