Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: compile error: secbase.h

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 10 - Last Post: Nov 6, 2017 4:58 AM Last Post By: Oleg Merkuriev
Gregor Brandt

compile error: secbase.h  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 11, 2017 10:59 AM
I am compiling my first macOS application with Tokyo 10.2. I have the SDK in using the latest Xcode, SDK 10.12.4.

I use the wizard to create an app, select OS X and debug build, I get errors in secbase.h. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? iOS works great, just not macOS.

I have tried Xcode 8.3.x and 8.2.x

Xcode 8.2.1 worked.

[bccosx Error] SecBase.h(77): E2257 , expected
  Full parser context
    Project1.cpp(3): #include c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\include\osx\fmx\fmx.h
    fmx.h(25): #include c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\include\osx\rtl\System.hpp
    System.hpp(19): #include c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\include\osx\rtl\sysmac.h
    sysmac.h(81): #include C:\Users\gbrandt\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\MacOSX10.12.4.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks\CoreServices.framework/Headers/CoreServices.h
    CoreServices.h(39): #include C:\Users\gbrandt\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\MacOSX10.12.4.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks\CoreServices.framework/Frameworks\LaunchServices.framework/Headers/LaunchServices.h
    LaunchServices.h(22): #include C:\Users\gbrandt\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\MacOSX10.12.4.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks\CoreServices.framework/Frameworks\LaunchServices.framework/Headers/IconsCore.h
    IconsCore.h(23): #include C:\Users\gbrandt\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\MacOSX10.12.4.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks\CoreServices.framework/Frameworks\OSServices.framework/Headers/OSServices.h
    OSServices.h(27): #include C:\Users\gbrandt\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\MacOSX10.12.4.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks\CoreServices.framework/Frameworks\OSServices.framework/Headers/CSIdentity.h
    CSIdentity.h(26): #include C:\Users\gbrandt\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\MacOSX10.12.4.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks\CoreServices.framework/Frameworks\OSServices.framework/Headers/CSIdentityBase.h
    CSIdentityBase.h(23): #include C:\Users\gbrandt\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\MacOSX10.12.4.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks\Security.framework/Headers/SecBase.h

Edited by: Gregor Brandt on Jun 11, 2017 2:35 PM

Edited by: Gregor Brandt on Jun 11, 2017 4:10 PM
Gregor Brandt

Re: compile error: secbase.h  
  Posted: Jun 11, 2017 4:11 PM   in response to: Gregor Brandt in response to: Gregor Brandt
Xcode 8.2.1 works
Sean Hoffman

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 7:37 AM   in response to: Gregor Brandt in response to: Gregor Brandt
Gregor Brandt wrote:
Xcode 8.2.1 works

I ran into the same problem. I was going to write a bug on it but I figured they knew about it. It seems like every time I tried to build something targeting the Mac with C++ Builder there was something like this, or the debugger wouldn't work, and it would be months before it was fixed. Now there's the looming 32 bit banishment with no 64 bit MacOS compiler announced, so there's that.
Gregor Brandt

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 8:18 AM   in response to: Sean Hoffman in response to: Sean Hoffman
Sean Hoffman wrote:
Gregor Brandt wrote:
Xcode 8.2.1 works

I ran into the same problem. I was going to write a bug on it but I figured they knew about it. It seems like every time I tried to build something targeting the Mac with C++ Builder there was something like this, or the debugger wouldn't work, and it would be months before it was fixed. Now there's the looming 32 bit banishment with no 64 bit MacOS compiler announced, so there's that.

Yes, I am not happy about the greatly lagging macOS support. Its the only non-Clang compiler in the eco system.
Sean Hoffman

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 9:09 AM   in response to: Gregor Brandt in response to: Gregor Brandt
Gregor Brandt wrote:
Sean Hoffman wrote:
Gregor Brandt wrote:
Xcode 8.2.1 works

Yes, I am not happy about the greatly lagging macOS support. Its the only non-Clang compiler in the eco system.

I am tired of fighting "the good fight." Regrettably I will not renewing my subscription this round; it just doesn't make sense for me to spend ~$700 on a product that fails me when I need it. That's not to say I don't appreciate the breadth of the product and the challenges the engineers face. But on the other hand if it can't do basic things like compile or debug on one of the advertised platforms, then it's not useful, and let's face it, it's not a charity.
Remy Lebeau (Te...

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 9:59 AM   in response to: Sean Hoffman in response to: Sean Hoffman
Sean Hoffman wrote:

Now there's the looming 32 bit banishment with no 64 bit MacOS
compiler announced, so there's that.

I guess you haven't seen the latest roadmap published last month:

https://community.embarcadero.com/article/news/16519-rad-studio-roadmap-may-2018

"64-bit macOS platform support, including the entire development,
deploying, and debugging experience" is scheduled for 10.3 "Carnival"
in 2018.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Sean Hoffman

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 12:23 PM   in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te... in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te...
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
Sean Hoffman wrote:

Now there's the looming 32 bit banishment with no 64 bit MacOS
compiler announced, so there's that.

I guess you haven't seen the latest roadmap published last month:

https://community.embarcadero.com/article/news/16519-rad-studio-roadmap-may-2018

"64-bit macOS platform support, including the entire development,
deploying, and debugging experience" is scheduled for 10.3 "Carnival"
in 2018.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Nope, I hadn't seen that. But I still don't see anything in that link about 64 MacOS support for C++ Builder.
Remy Lebeau (Te...

Re: compile error: secbase.h [Edit]  
  Posted: Jun 22, 2017 2:43 PM   in response to: Sean Hoffman in response to: Sean Hoffman
Sean Hoffman wrote:

Nope, I hadn't seen that. But I still don't see anything in that link
about 64 MacOS support for C++ Builder.

You are right. I didn't notice MacOS 64bit was listed under Delphi
only. That is usually the case, though. Delphi gets new platform
support first, C++ gets it a release or two later. So MacOS 64bit will
likely come to C++ in 10.3.1 or 10.4.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Sean Hoffman

Re: compile error: secbase.h [Edit]  
  Posted: Jun 22, 2017 3:50 PM   in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te... in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te...
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
Sean Hoffman wrote:

Nope, I hadn't seen that. But I still don't see anything in that link
about 64 MacOS support for C++ Builder.

You are right. I didn't notice MacOS 64bit was listed under Delphi
only. That is usually the case, though. Delphi gets new platform
support first, C++ gets it a release or two later. So MacOS 64bit will
likely come to C++ in 10.3.1 or 10.4.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

I agree that those are good guesses for its arrival.
bernard roussely

Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:54 AM   in response to: Gregor Brandt in response to: Gregor Brandt
Hi All,

Quick and dirty fix.

Go to "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs"

Rename "MacOSX10.12.x.sdk" to "MacOSX10.12.x.sdk-DOESNOTWORK". "x" means your latest SDK version, "4" in my case.

Pick a previous SDK that used to work fine, say MacOSX10.10.sdk. Copy and rename it "MacOSX10.12.x.sdk".

Compile your Mac App. In my case xlink complained about COREIMAGE not being found.

Go back to the SDK your just rename to "DOESNOTWORK" and copy "CoreImage.Framework" from "..\System\Library\Frameworks" to the new one in the same folder (Frameworks).
Run your app again and it should work. If another framework is missing (there are several new ones in 10.12), apply same the process as for CoreImage.

bernard
Oleg Merkuriev

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 4:58 AM   in response to: Gregor Brandt in response to: Gregor Brandt
What is the compatible Xcode version for C++ Builder 10.1 Berlin Update 2?

So far I have tried 8.2.1 and 8.0, which are giving me the same error as mentioned by the topic starter.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02