Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Client computer access / browser plugins

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Nov 5, 2017 7:01 AM Last Post By: Guest
Sten Larsson

Client computer access / browser plugins  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 25, 2017 10:52 PM
I need to develop a web application that needs communication with a hardware device connected the the client computer via USB. What possibilities do I have using Intraweb/Delphi (Windows only).
Eitan Arbel

Re: Client computer access / browser plugins  
  Posted: Oct 26, 2017 5:58 AM   in response to: Sten Larsson in response to: Sten Larsson
in most cases, a web application can not access the hardware of a client's browser (for a webapp, the web browser is actually like the OS is for a desktop app)
so there are times where i think the best solution is to use a service or a small util app in the client's machine, that will connect to your hardware, and make the webapp and this util "talk" between them, instead of talking directly with the hardware.

but that also depends on the hardware.
for example : CGDevTools have a component to use a WebCam in you iw app.

what do you want to connect?
Alexandre Machado

Posted: Oct 27, 2017 1:17 AM   in response to: Sten Larsson in response to: Sten Larsson
As mentioned by Eitan, browsers won't give you direct access to hardware from HTML or JavaScript. This is valid for any web application (unless you use something like Flash, for instance).
  Posted: Nov 5, 2017 7:01 AM   in response to: Sten Larsson in response to: Sten Larsson
Sten Larsson wrote:
I need to develop a web application that needs communication with a hardware device connected the the client computer via USB. What possibilities do I have using Intraweb/Delphi (Windows only).

googles api new? but why in god sake ya wanna access the USB, yara sneaky question as it's a very easy to do , but ya first need give a code target why ya need access through this blackhole, if yar trying releasing a criminal hack attack , I dunno yar experience but the answer is so easy as it seems ya are a linux blackhat , so I hope ya have honnorable explanations else I'll show it in a demo on yar system. you wan't the virtual USB as passthrough , let me tell ya since MS startup i code , i'm no MS fan, but i give the benefit off the doubt. A web application LOL
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02