Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: TLang and multiline text

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Oct 10, 2017 12:13 AM Last Post By: Markus Humm
Markus Humm

TLang and multiline text  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 9, 2017 3:46 AM
Hello,

I have a label on a Android FMX app form which contains multiline text. It's being properly displayed in form designer and at runtime.
Now I add a TLang instance to translate this and use some external translation software The translation is multiline as well and if I look into the .lng file produced by that external software I can see that it contains 0D 00 0A 00 as CR+LF and the rest of the lng file seems to be UTF16 encoded as well.

Now if I load this file into TLang, this text gets messed up, it looks to be divided into several texts and the application doesn't seem to find it at runtime either, because it displays the original untranslated text.

How can I properly declare this text being multiline for TLang?
(of course I could put in some unused char at the places where CR+LF should be and handle this text separately in FormShow or FormCreate and replace this placeholder with sLineBreak, but if possible I'd like to avoid this)

Greetings

Markus
Markus Humm

Re: TLang and multiline text  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 10, 2017 12:13 AM   in response to: Markus Humm in response to: Markus Humm
Reported as:

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-19209

Feel free to vote...

Greetings

Markus
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02