Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Cannot deply iOS apps on 64 bit devices

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Aug 16, 2017 10:57 AM Last Post By: Joe Fermani
Joe Fermani

Cannot deply iOS apps on 64 bit devices
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 16, 2017 10:00 AM
I recently upgraded Delphi from Seattle to the latest version of Tokyo 10.2 Update 1.

Prior to this upgrade I was building my app for Android and iOS. On the iOS platform I was building a 32/64 bit version using sdk iOS 9.3 (XCode 7.3). The app ran perfectly on 32 and 64 bit iOS devices. Under the new version, I cannot get my app to even install on a 64 bit iOS device. The install blows out with no errors of any kind. If I install the same ipa file on a 32 bit iOS device, it installs and runs fine. I am building the app using the universal option in the compile so both 32/64 bits are fully supported. I have tried updating the Xcode on the mac to version 8.1 (iOS 10.1). I still get the same problem. App will not install on any iOS 64 bit device. it will only install and run on a 32 bit device.

I am not sure why this is occurring. I have tried creating a new Hello Word app from scratch in the new IDE (thinking there may be some issue in my existing app). The Hello Word app will also only run on a 32 bit iOS device. I've tried downloading sample apps from git hub, compiling under 64 bit, with no luck at all.

From what I can tell so far, its not my code, or xcode but some setting in Delphi which is causing the problem.

Any help/suggestions on what to check and look for will be greatly appreciated.
Joe Fermani

Re: Cannot deply iOS apps on 64 bit devices
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 16, 2017 10:57 AM   in response to: Joe Fermani in response to: Joe Fermani
Joe Fermani wrote:
I recently upgraded Delphi from Seattle to the latest version of Tokyo 10.2 Update 1.

Prior to this upgrade I was building my app for Android and iOS. On the iOS platform I was building a 32/64 bit version using sdk iOS 9.3 (XCode 7.3). The app ran perfectly on 32 and 64 bit iOS devices. Under the new version, I cannot get my app to even install on a 64 bit iOS device. The install blows out with no errors of any kind. If I install the same ipa file on a 32 bit iOS device, it installs and runs fine. I am building the app using the universal option in the compile so both 32/64 bits are fully supported. I have tried updating the Xcode on the mac to version 8.1 (iOS 10.1). I still get the same problem. App will not install on any iOS 64 bit device. it will only install and run on a 32 bit device.

I am not sure why this is occurring. I have tried creating a new Hello Word app from scratch in the new IDE (thinking there may be some issue in my existing app). The Hello Word app will also only run on a 32 bit iOS device. I've tried downloading sample apps from git hub, compiling under 64 bit, with no luck at all.

From what I can tell so far, its not my code, or xcode but some setting in Delphi which is causing the problem.

Any help/suggestions on what to check and look for will be greatly appreciated.

I figured it out. When I checked the frameworks being used for iOS, I found Delphi was pulling a PrivateFramework for UIFoundation. Removing that framework fixed the 64bit iOS problem. Only took 1 1/2 days to find that a framework was no longer valid to use. Hopefully this will help anyone else who runs into this problem.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02