Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Unable to update my Delphi 10.1

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Aug 1, 2017 4:53 AM Last Post By: Dimitrij Kowalski
Dimitrij Kowalski

Unable to update my Delphi 10.1  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 27, 2017 8:08 AM
Hi guys,

Maybe someone can help me. I've had Delphi 10.1 Professional but now I want to upgrade it to Enterprise. So I bought a license and went to "Modify, Repair, Uninstall'.
I've put my new license number (which is from Tokyo) and it started updating. The problem is that installation stops right on the begining with this communicate:

"Downloading of installation data from the web has failed. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet.
Would you like to:

1. Try to resume the broken download.
2. Download a new copy of data instead."

Both options dont work, installation breaks at "Downloading Web Media: samples".

What can I do?
John David

Re: Unable to update my Delphi 10.1  
  Posted: Jul 27, 2017 10:09 AM   in response to: Dimitrij Kowalski in response to: Dimitrij Kowalski
On 27/07/2017 16:08, Dimitrij Kowalski wrote:
Hi guys,

Maybe someone can help me. I've had Delphi 10.1 Professional but now I want to upgrade it to Enterprise. So I bought a license and went to "Modify, Repair, Uninstall'.
I've put my new license number (which is from Tokyo) and it started updating. The problem is that installation stops right on the begining with this communicate:

"Downloading of installation data from the web has failed. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet.
Would you like to:

1. Try to resume the broken download.
2. Download a new copy of data instead."

Both options dont work, installation breaks at "Downloading Web Media: samples".

What can I do?

It looks like you need to download the full Off-line installer as Tokyo
is a different product from 10.1 (Berlin). Login to your Account on
Embarcadero and you will see a download link. I use the starter edition
and I can download the full off-line installer which I have done for
future installation if Embarcadero decides to pull the plug on old versions.

Good luck anyway and keep us informed how you got on.
Dimitrij Kowalski

Re: Unable to update my Delphi 10.1  
  Posted: Aug 1, 2017 4:53 AM   in response to: John David in response to: John David
Thanks John,

I've ended up downloading a full ISO and I was able to upgrade my version. Clearly their online installer is broken for Berlin 10.1.

Regards.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02