Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: How to delete and restore all table/query fields?

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Jul 21, 2017 3:17 PM Last Post By: Diego Rodrigues...
Fred Fonar

How to delete and restore all table/query fields?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 21, 2017 2:06 PM
I have to remove all fields from TFDTable/TFDQuery components in project and restore them all along with events. In design time I used FieldEditor but it's very tedious and slow process when I have hundred items in datamodule. Besides how to restore calculated and lookup fields?
Diego Rodrigues...

Re: How to delete and restore all table/query fields?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 21, 2017 3:17 PM   in response to: Fred Fonar in response to: Fred Fonar
Fred Fonar wrote:
I have to remove all fields from TFDTable/TFDQuery components in project and restore them all along with events. In design time I used FieldEditor but it's very tedious and slow process when I have hundred items in datamodule. Besides how to restore calculated and lookup fields?

Fields.Clear can do that, but why? And how do you expect the component will create calculated and lookup fields? It's you who must create them. Do that either at design time, or real time (at real time you can call method for that).
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02