Help

Thread: Cannot open a form from inside a TContentForm

Permlink Replies: 6 - Last Post: Jun 30, 2017 6:01 PM Last Post By: Joao Lira
Joao Lira

Cannot open a form from inside a TContentForm
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 21, 2017 9:44 PM
Hi,

I have a 'TContentForm' where I do some internal processing and it is working ok. But, in one of these processing I need do call a 'TIWAppForm' in the end of the routine, but it isn't being shown when called.

I make a 'TIWMyForm.Create(WebApplication).Show' but it doesn't open this form. Is there some way to do it from inside a 'Custom Content Handler' or a 'TContentForm'?

Thanks.

Joao Lira.

Alexandre Machado

Re: Cannot open a form from inside a TContentForm
  Posted: Jun 22, 2017 1:55 PM   in response to: Joao Lira in response to: Joao Lira
Joao Lira wrote:
Hi,

I have a 'TContentForm' where I do some internal processing and it is working ok. But, in one of these processing I need do call a 'TIWAppForm' in the end of the routine, but it isn't being shown when called.

I make a 'TIWMyForm.Create(WebApplication).Show' but it doesn't open this form. Is there some way to do it from inside a 'Custom Content Handler' or a 'TContentForm'?

Thanks.

Joao Lira.

It should work, unless another IWForm.Show() is being executed AFTER that. Can you show me the Execute method of this TContentForm instance (just the basic stuff, not your "secret" stuff :-) )

Regards
Joao Lira

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 4:49 PM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
It should work, unless another IWForm.Show() is being executed AFTER that. Can you show me the Execute method of this TContentForm instance (just the basic stuff, not your "secret" stuff :-) )

Hi, Alexandre

I tried looking for a 'TContentForm' demo, because all I had was some piece of code like this:

with THandlers.Add('',some_key,TContentForm.Create(TIWMyForm))  do
    begin
      CanStartSession := true;
      RequiresSessionStart := false;
    end;

Actually I didn't use an 'Execute' method for my 'TContentForm' because I don't know how it works exactly. When 'ServerController' finds the 'THandler' key it calls 'TIWMyForm' and I do the 'Execute' in the form 'OnCreate' event. It works well, but it doesn't shows the second form up. Do you know where I can find some full example of a 'TContentForm' where I could see the details?

Other question: can a form be called from a simple 'TCustomContentHandler'? I've tried that (in this case with the 'Execute' method), but the form didn't show up as well. I couldn't find a demo for 'TContentForm' among 'Atozed Demos' files.

Regards,
Joao Lira.

Joao Lira

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 10:27 AM   in response to: Joao Lira in response to: Joao Lira
Hi,

Can someone from Atozed point me where I can find a sample of a 'TContentForm', please? Before I open a topic I usually search answers for what questions I have. But, for example, I saw NO sample about where the 'Execute' method can exist on a 'TContentForm' implementation. I found this page: http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/classes/TContentForm.html, but NO reference to 'Execute' method as well. Sometimes it is difficult to figure out things based on the 'try and guess' way. I've tried finding some sample among the 'X, XI, XII and XIV' sections of 'Atozed Demos' from codeplex, but I also couldn't find a sample of that. Unfortunately I could not implement that in my product, and it is urgent.

In my opinion Intraweb is a great product, but the documentation leave users by themselves in many occasions.

Regards,

Joao Lira.

Dan Barclay

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 3:05 PM   in response to: Joao Lira in response to: Joao Lira
Joao Lira wrote:
Hi,

Can someone from Atozed point me where I can find a sample of a 'TContentForm', please? Before I open a topic I usually search answers for what questions I have. But, for example, I saw NO sample about where the 'Execute' method can exist on a 'TContentForm' implementation. I found this page: http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/classes/TContentForm.html, but NO reference to 'Execute' method as well. Sometimes it is difficult to figure out things based on the 'try and guess' way. I've tried finding some sample among the 'X, XI, XII and XIV' sections of 'Atozed Demos' from codeplex, but I also couldn't find a sample of that. Unfortunately I could not implement that in my product, and it is urgent.

In my opinion Intraweb is a great product, but the documentation leave users by themselves in many occasions.

I did a search on the IW demo directories and I see reference to TContentForm in he following projects using Effective File Search:
Authentication
ContentHandlers

I have not looked to see how it is used in those projects, maybe I'll get time later, but it may be a starting point for you.

Dan
Joao Lira

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 5:02 PM   in response to: Dan Barclay in response to: Dan Barclay
Dan Barclay wrote:
Joao Lira wrote:

I did a search on the IW demo directories and I see reference to TContentForm in he following projects using Effective File Search:
Authentication
ContentHandlers

I have not looked to see how it is used in those projects, maybe I'll get time later, but it may be a starting point for you.

Hi, Dan

Thank you for your help. I saw these samples but they are like what I am using: there is no 'Execute' method. Alexandre asked me about this method but I even don't know wich parameters it uses.

I continue trying figuring out how this can be fixed.

Regards,
Joao Lira.

Joao Lira

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 6:01 PM   in response to: Joao Lira in response to: Joao Lira
Hi,

Just correcting a previous information, I am using the event 'OnURLRequest' for processing the request and call other 'TIWForm'. But the form never show up.

Regards,
Joao Lira.

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02