Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Visual Styles - "Selected" text is always blue.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Jun 16, 2017 4:09 PM Last Post By: Rodrigo Ruz
Carl Olsen

Visual Styles - "Selected" text is always blue.  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 14, 2017 2:39 PM
I've made a few visual styles in the Delphi XE10 Bitmap Style Designer by editing existing styles.

For the most part I have been able to reverse engineer what colors map to which buttons and such. The one item that still has me baffled, though, is where the heck do I set the color that is used for "Selected text".

Take, for example, the edit box. I can find it in the Objects list, and open it up, and I can edit the "Selection" sub area, and change its color from "blue" to something else, but that something else never shows up when use my theme - even using the built in "Test" option in the Bitmap Style Designer.

So - how do I make selected text anything other than the default blue?
Rodrigo Ruz

Re: Visual Styles - "Selected" text is always blue.  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 16, 2017 4:06 PM   in response to: Carl Olsen in response to: Carl Olsen
You can use the VCL Styles Utils, which includes a patch for the Highlight Color, Check this [https://github.com/RRUZ/vcl-styles-utils/wiki/VclStylesHook]

Carl Olsen wrote:
I've made a few visual styles in the Delphi XE10 Bitmap Style Designer by editing existing styles.

For the most part I have been able to reverse engineer what colors map to which buttons and such. The one item that still has me baffled, though, is where the heck do I set the color that is used for "Selected text".

Take, for example, the edit box. I can find it in the Objects list, and open it up, and I can edit the "Selection" sub area, and change its color from "blue" to something else, but that something else never shows up when use my theme - even using the built in "Test" option in the Bitmap Style Designer.

So - how do I make selected text anything other than the default blue?

Edited by: Rodrigo Ruz on Jun 16, 2017 7:06 PM

Edited by: Rodrigo Ruz on Jun 16, 2017 7:07 PM

Edited by: Rodrigo Ruz on Jun 16, 2017 7:08 PM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02