Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Delphi 10.2 Tokyo


This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.


Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Apr 14, 2017 3:21 AM Last Post By: Christopher Burke
Jim Sawyer

Posts: 214
Registered: 1/3/10
Delphi 10.2 Tokyo  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 12, 2017 1:59 PM
There is a problem with Tokyo that occurred with Seattle, disappeared with Berlin,
but returned with a vengence with Tokyo and is a royal pain in the butt! I work along
for a half hour or so, then suddenly for a reason that I know not, all of the drop-down
menus (drop downs when a menu item is clicked) assume large crude structure
and they are no longer under the menu item which originated them. For example,
clicking on project drops down a menu which is 90% off screen to the left such
that it can't be read. The only way I know to get the problem fixed (temporarily)
is to close delphi, reopen, open the screens I need, rearrange them and try
to figure out what I was doing when so rudely interrupted.

Has anyone else seen this problem? If so, do you know how I can get the menues
back to the appropriate geometry without shutting down?

And will Embarcadero please fix the problem!!!!!

Thanks,
Jim Sawyer
Christopher Burke

Posts: 580
Registered: 9/25/99
Re: Delphi 10.2 Tokyo  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 13, 2017 8:26 AM   in response to: Jim Sawyer in response to: Jim Sawyer
Jim Sawyer wrote:

There is a problem with Tokyo that occurred with Seattle, disappeared
with Berlin, but returned with a vengence with Tokyo and is a royal
pain in the butt! I work along for a half hour or so, then suddenly
for a reason that I know not, all of the drop-down menus (drop downs
when a menu item is clicked) assume large crude structure and they
are no longer under the menu item which originated them. For
example, clicking on project drops down a menu which is 90% off
screen to the left such that it can't be read. The only way I know
to get the problem fixed (temporarily) is to close delphi, reopen,
open the screens I need, rearrange them and try to figure out what I
was doing when so rudely interrupted.

Can you:
1. Do a screen shot or screen cap of the problem?
2. See if the issue affects explorer (start menu etc)
3. Post what version of Windows you are running.

I've had a similar issue - it wasn't a Delphi issue, rather a windows
issue.

Jim Sawyer

Posts: 214
Registered: 1/3/10
Re: Delphi 10.2 Tokyo  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 13, 2017 10:50 AM   in response to: Christopher Burke in response to: Christopher Burke
Christopher Burke wrote:
Jim Sawyer wrote:

There is a problem with Tokyo that occurred with Seattle, disappeared
with Berlin, but returned with a vengence with Tokyo and is a royal
pain in the butt! I work along for a half hour or so, then suddenly
for a reason that I know not, all of the drop-down menus (drop downs
when a menu item is clicked) assume large crude structure and they
are no longer under the menu item which originated them. For
example, clicking on project drops down a menu which is 90% off
screen to the left such that it can't be read. The only way I know
to get the problem fixed (temporarily) is to close delphi, reopen,
open the screens I need, rearrange them and try to figure out what I
was doing when so rudely interrupted.

Can you:
1. Do a screen shot or screen cap of the problem?
2. See if the issue affects explorer (start menu etc)
3. Post what version of Windows you are running.

I've had a similar issue - it wasn't a Delphi issue, rather a windows
issue.


I use windows 10 professional with a top end Dell computer. It occcured occassionally
on Delphi 10 Seattle, but never on Windows 10.1 Berlin. It is awful on
Delphi 10.2 Berlin. I have a screen shot but I can't figure out how to
attachet it to a reply. Let me know how to do it, and I'll get it to you.

Thanks,
Jim Sawyer
Jeff Overcash (...

Posts: 1,529
Registered: 9/23/99
Re: Delphi 10.2 Tokyo  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 13, 2017 10:52 AM   in response to: Jim Sawyer in response to: Jim Sawyer
Jim Sawyer wrote:
Christopher Burke wrote:
Jim Sawyer wrote:

There is a problem with Tokyo that occurred with Seattle, disappeared
with Berlin, but returned with a vengence with Tokyo and is a royal
pain in the butt! I work along for a half hour or so, then suddenly
for a reason that I know not, all of the drop-down menus (drop downs
when a menu item is clicked) assume large crude structure and they
are no longer under the menu item which originated them. For
example, clicking on project drops down a menu which is 90% off
screen to the left such that it can't be read. The only way I know
to get the problem fixed (temporarily) is to close delphi, reopen,
open the screens I need, rearrange them and try to figure out what I
was doing when so rudely interrupted.

Can you:
1. Do a screen shot or screen cap of the problem?
2. See if the issue affects explorer (start menu etc)
3. Post what version of Windows you are running.

I've had a similar issue - it wasn't a Delphi issue, rather a windows
issue.

I use windows 10 professional with a top end Dell computer. It occcured occassionally
on Delphi 10 Seattle, but never on Windows 10.1 Berlin. It is awful on
Delphi 10.2 Berlin. I have a screen shot but I can't figure out how to
attachet it to a reply. Let me know how to do it, and I'll get it to you.

Thanks,
Jim Sawyer

Attachments are only allowed in the attachments group.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you
know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know it as well as you. We are
all leaners, doers, teachers. (R Bach)
Christopher Burke

Posts: 580
Registered: 9/25/99
Re: Delphi 10.2 Tokyo  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 14, 2017 3:21 AM   in response to: Jim Sawyer in response to: Jim Sawyer
Jim Sawyer wrote:

I use windows 10 professional with a top end Dell computer. It
occcured occassionally on Delphi 10 Seattle, but never on Windows
10.1 Berlin. It is awful on Delphi 10.2 Berlin. I have a screen
shot but I can't figure out how to attachet it to a reply. Let me
know how to do it, and I'll get it to you.

Ah, so the menus are correctly drawn, just in the wrong place ?

That's a different issue to what I had where the menus didn't draw the
text (just the arrows and structure - no text).

Sorry, don't know what the issue is.

Are you running a 4K monitor ? Thats the sort of thing that could make
Delphi get messed up.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02