Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: developer jobs from stackoverflow

Permlink Replies: 41 - Last Post: Mar 1, 2017 12:06 PM Last Post By: Bruce McGee
Guangyao Hu

developer jobs from stackoverflow
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 7, 2016 6:44 PM
Via http://stackoverflow.com/jobs, I got following results:

Erlang: 14
PHP: 247
Ruby: 303
C#: 378
C++: 394
Golang: 503
Python: 628
Java: 787
javascript: 914

Delphi: 0
Pascal: 0

What's the point?!!

Edited by: Guangyao Hu on Dec 8, 2016 3:26 AM
George Winkler

Re: developer jobs from stackoverflow
  Posted: Dec 8, 2016 6:51 AM   in response to: Guangyao Hu in response to: Guangyao Hu
Th point is the world is too stupid these days to use anything simple and straight forward for problem solutions. I like Delphi. If you write a new language today you will probably be on the list just because it is new. Go figure...

George

Guangyao Hu wrote:

What's the point?!!

Edited by: Guangyao Hu on Dec 8, 2016 3:26 AM
Joseph Mitzen

Posted: Dec 8, 2016 4:03 PM   in response to: George Winkler in response to: George Winkler
George Winkler wrote:
The point is the world is too stupid these days to use anything simple and straight forward for problem solutions.

Come on George. "Everyone else is just too stupid to use what I'm using!" is a silly and simplistic answer.

Are you suggesting that Delphi is somehow more simple or straightforward than any of the other major languages?

Isn't a much simpler explanation that today ecosystem matters more than anything else? You could introduce a better mobile OS, but would it have a chance if it only had 5% of Android or iOS' applications available for it? It's the same with programming languages today. A study of developers found that the most important factor - by far - for why they chose their current development tool was the number of libraries - especially open source libraries - available for it. That's a huge competitive advantage today. Examination of package repositories for the major languages show that they have 6X, 10X or more the number of open source libraries available than the total libraries on Torry.net (and honestly, much of what's on Torry is either outdated or shareware demos, not open source libraries designed for modern Delphi versions). Java is adding over 100 open source libraries to its biggest repository per day, and node.js is exploding with over 300 per day (which is honestly starting to become a problem with node.js)!!! I wrote a post four years ago in which I mentioned that Torry had just over 10K files listed while the Python repository had 18K. Four years later, Python lists just over 90K packages available while Torry has yet to reach 11K. The top 10 languages haven't changed in a decade now. The huge bodies of open source code for languages like Java, C++, etc. form a huge obstacle for other languages to overcome, even if they offer many technical advantages.

There's no need to postulate that the world is stupid to explain why a corporation would prefer to develop in C# or Java over Delphi. That's without adding in the uncertainty of a proprietary language (which is essentially a dead idea nowadays) which has had four owners in ten years (Borland, CodeGear, Embarcadero, Idera) and shed its development team at least twice (once when Embarcadero took over and fired most of the U.S. developers, and now Idera's closing of European offices). And of course, there's the significant cost disparity between Delphi and other products, particularly Visual Studio and JetBrains' IDEs.

There are many factors one could point to to explain the current Delphi job market. That everyone else is stupid isn't a serious one.

I like Delphi.

And that's a good enough reason for you to use it. That doesn't explain why others don't though.

If you write a new language today you will probably be on the list just because it is new. Go figure...

On the contrary; you have many big corporations using the languages listed, and they tend to be very conservative in selecting development tools. Several of the languages on that list are even as old or older than Delphi. Other than arguably Go (which already has far more open source libraries available for it than Delphi though), what language on that list do you see as a fad? PHP? Java? C#? C++?
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Dec 8, 2016 5:18 PM   in response to: Joseph Mitzen in response to: Joseph Mitzen
How many years have you been painting a picture of doom and gloom that Delphi is dying Joseph, and yet, its still going just as strong as ever?
Joseph Mitzen

Posted: Dec 8, 2016 6:10 PM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...
Brian Hamilton Hamilton wrote:
How many years have you been painting a picture of doom and gloom that Delphi is dying Joseph, and yet, its still going just as strong as ever?

By what conceivable metric is Delphi going "as strong as ever"? Where, outside of here, does anyone believe that? If you were to go to Reddit or Google Plus or Hacker News or any general purpose programming forum and tell them that "Delphi is going as strong as ever", what response do you honestly think you'd get?

Outside of the "Borland Bubble", we're the punchline of jokes as it is:

https://thequickword.wordpress.com/2014/02/23/delphi-programming-job-opportunity-could-be-a-hoax/

That's the popular conception of Delphi developers out in the real world, not the crazy idea that we have 3 million developers (keep in mind it's widely accepted that C has 2M, Python 3M, and C++ 4M) and there are lots of Delphi jobs, but they're secret or something so they're never listed on job boards.

Reddit (average user age 23-25, 10th most visited site on the Internet):

C++ subforum : 43,096 subscribers
Java: 60,265
Ruby: 33,180
C#: 34,067
Python: 145,321
Lisp: 10,973
COBOL: 558
Delphi: 870

We're barely beating COBOL. :-( Tell me again about how strong we're doing and where all the new Delphi programmers are going to come from.

I've used desktop Linux exclusively on my home computer for over six years, but I'm never going to tell you that we make up more than 2% of the population. In fact, I've gone toe-to-toe with some advocates who started claiming the "real" figure was 10% (which would have tied Macs at the time, and been just as ridiculous as Delphi having 3/4 the number of C++ users). You can love Delphi, use Delphi, and be proud of Delphi without having to believe that everyone else fits those categories too.

EDIT: I just noticed your reply was all about me, not about any of the points I've raised. This is an example of the fallacy of "Bulverism", a favorite of Bruce McGee:

The method of Bulverism is to "assume that your opponent is wrong, and explain his error". The Bulverist assumes a speaker's argument is invalid or false and then explains why the speaker came to make that mistake, attacking the speaker or the
speaker's motive.... One accuses an argument of being wrong on the basis of the arguer's identity or motive, but these are strictly speaking irrelevant to the argument's validity or truth. But it is also a fallacy of circular reasoning, since it assumes, rather
than argues, that one's opponent is wrong.

Edited by: Joseph Mitzen on Dec 8, 2016 6:12 PM
Rudy Velthuis (...

Re: developer jobs from stackoverflow [Edit]
  Posted: Dec 9, 2016 2:46 AM   in response to: Joseph Mitzen in response to: Joseph Mitzen
Joseph Mitzen wrote:

How many years have you been painting a picture of doom and gloom
that Delphi is dying Joseph, and yet, its still going just as
strong as ever?

By what conceivable metric is Delphi going "as strong as ever"?

What metrics do you have to claim it isn't? I assume that you just
don't believe those who have the necessary data, i.e. Embarcadero.

And yes, according to them it is going as strong as ever.

--
Rudy Velthuis http://www.rvelthuis.de

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your
eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford (1863-1947)
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 1:31 PM   in response to: Joseph Mitzen in response to: Joseph Mitzen
I dont understand why you keep on posthing here Joseph about delphi dying and basing it etc
what is the point of posting here at all?

speaking of Bruce McGee...MIA?
Van Swofford

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 8:53 PM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...

How 'bout them Cubs? :-)

--
Cheers,
Van

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad
judgment." - Will Rogers
Bruce McGee

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 12:04 PM   in response to: Van Swofford in response to: Van Swofford
Van Swofford wrote:
How 'bout them Cubs? :-)

'zactly!

--
Regards
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software
Bruce McGee

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 12:06 PM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...
I dont understand why you keep on posthing here Joseph about delphi dying and basing it etc
what is the point of posting here at all?

You guys can't handle one single troll on your own?

At this point, it's more like some kind of a Fatal Attraction thing, but still...

--
Regards
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software
Robert Triest

Posted: Dec 8, 2016 7:02 AM   in response to: Guangyao Hu in response to: Guangyao Hu
What's the point?!!
Companies looking for Delphi developers find immediately a good programmer
and they disappear from these lists, while the other companies search for Golang developers
and they can't find any programmers.
Yogi Yang

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 9:13 PM   in response to: Robert Triest in response to: Robert Triest
Robert Triest wrote:
What's the point?!!
and they disappear from these lists, while the other companies search for Golang developers
and they can't find any programmers
That is wishful thinking.

We have been searching for a good reasonably prices Delphi developer for 6 months now but without any luck. And those developers working with C#, JAVA, etc. are not ready to learn and switch over to Delphi, in spite of the fact that we are ready to pay more than what they are getting from their current employer, as they do not see any future market to jump ship to another company to built their career and increase their salary.
Larry Hengen

Posted: Dec 20, 2016 11:40 AM   in response to: Yogi Yang in response to: Yogi Yang
Yogi Yang wrote:
Robert Triest wrote:
What's the point?!!
and they can't find any programmers
That is wishful thinking.

We have been searching for a good reasonably prices Delphi developer for 6 months now but without any luck.

That's funny....I never heard from you ;-) Drop me a line if you want (lhengen at tpersistent dot com)

Edited by: Larry Hengen on Dec 20, 2016 11:41 AM
Remy Lebeau (Te...

Posted: Dec 21, 2016 10:45 AM   in response to: Larry Hengen in response to: Larry Hengen
Larry wrote:

*That's funny....I never heard from you ;-)

Agreed. What are you offering?

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Rudy Velthuis (...

Posted: Dec 8, 2016 9:03 AM   in response to: Guangyao Hu in response to: Guangyao Hu
Guangyao Hu wrote:

What's the point?!!
Does that mean, Delphi is dying?

Theoratically, every programming language will die one day. Delphi has
been said to be dying since day one, but it is still alive and kicking
(ass).

I guess people seeking for Delphi developers use other channels. And it
may well be that it is much harder to find a good Golang or Java
developer than a good Delphi developer.

--

"If pigs could vote, the man with the slop bucket would be
elected swineherd every time, no matter how much slaughtering
he did on the side."
-- Orson Scott Card
Joseph Mitzen

Posted: Dec 8, 2016 5:06 PM   in response to: Rudy Velthuis (... in response to: Rudy Velthuis (...
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

Theoratically, every programming language will die one day. Delphi has
been said to be dying since day one,

Delphi was never said to be dying from day one. This is something Bruce McGee made up to hand-wave away any idea that it's dying now. People questioned whether it could overcome the Microsoft juggernaut from day one, however - and they were right. It was never able to beat Microsoft on their own desktop.

but it is still alive and kicking
(ass).

It's alive in the same way MUMPS, FORTH, COBOL, PowerBuilder, etc. are alive. In contrast to the idea that every programming language will die one day, it's probably more apt to say that no programming language has ever really died, especially if it reaches a certain mass of legacy code that will need to be maintained and would be too expensive to rewrite. Programming languages can lose relevance, however. No start-up in existence today ever had its founder pound a fist on the table and shout "I know - we'll do it COBOL!", for instance.

You have an entire generation now who have never seen a line of Pascal - like it was with my generation and COBOL. Their conception of Pascal is like what my conception of COBOL was when I was their age - it was Grandpa's programming language. In fact, the very idea of paying for a proprietary computer language is as archaic to them as dial-up internet paid for by the hour. I conducted a poll on Google Plus' programming community about whether people would use a commercial programming language. Only 10% of the respondents said they do now; over 60% chose the "I would never use one - there's not need" option. What was most revealing was that some young people *asked me what a commercial programming language was*! Someone thought I meant a language created in-house. When I explained what I really meant, the reply was "Wow - there aren't too many of those around anymore, are there?"

Kids today learn to program by popping a flash drive into a PC, install Arch Linux, and then in 15 minutes have every compiler and interpreter you can dream of on their PC for free (even GNU COBOL, sigh). I used to use this as a theoretical example until recently when I was around a group of young programmers and they literally began talking about what the first Linux CD was that they installed. My stereotype had come to life! :-) Every single one had indeed installed Linux between the ages of 12-14. I didn't want to mention that at that age my computer had 64KB of memory and stored its programs on cassette tape. :-(

Programmers in their 20s today simply have no need to spend $1400+ on an IDE/compiler and Delphi doesn't offer them any features found in other languages, while it lacks features that are considered standard today (such as type inference). They just don't need Delphi, and in fact probably have never heard of it. In that sense Delphi is dying, because there will be no new blood to take our place in 20 years when we all retire.

I guess people seeking for Delphi developers use other channels.

This is what I call the "Dark Matter Theory Of Delphi" - apparently Delphi makes up 99% of the universe and we just can't detect it. :-) The figures for Stack Overflow are no different than the figures for Indeed.com, America's Dice.com, etc. There's no secret place where all the cool Delphi programmers hang out to get hired.

http://www.indeed.com/jobtrends/q-Delphi-q-C%23-q-Java-q-C++-q-Python.html

And it
may well be that it is much harder to find a good Golang or Java
developer than a good Delphi developer.

Does the massive use of Java in enterprise suggest that finding capable Java developers is a problem? Honestly, one of the appeals of Java for enterprise is that it's simple enough that it's easy to churn out an adequate Java developer (compared to, for instance, C++). And most positions honestly don't require "rock star" developers, either.
Rudy Velthuis (...

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 2:42 AM   in response to: Joseph Mitzen in response to: Joseph Mitzen
Joseph Mitzen wrote:

Theoratically, every programming language will die one day. Delphi
has been said to be dying since day one,

Delphi was never said to be dying from day one.

No, but from shortly after. For as long as I have been on these
newsgroups, people have been asking if or saying that Delphi was dying.

--

"Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths
theater." -- Gail Godwin
David Keith

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 7:35 AM   in response to: Rudy Velthuis (... in response to: Rudy Velthuis (...
On 12/9/2016 05:42, Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
Joseph Mitzen wrote:

Theoratically, every programming language will die one day. Delphi
has been said to be dying since day one,
I used to hear this all the time in the many corporate circles that I
have traveled in. Unfortunately I have to agree with Joseph on this one;
the reason I don't hear this anymore is because fewer and fewer
corporate developers are aware that Delphi exists... not taking a stab
at the efficacy or viability of Delphi to handle corporate programming
tasks, just noting that the manifold corporate hijinks surrounding
Delphi ownership have sucked all of the air out of Delphi
marketing/market viability.

Corporations look at development product ownership issues from the
perspective of risk; this has been the biggest factor preventing Delphi
from gaining much penetration into major corporate markets.

Having personally worked on a myriad of complex corporate programming
challenges - ofttimes seeing other languages and tools being touted as a
D replacement and failing to live up to the hype (.NET, Java etc.) - not
being able to satisfy the requirement to the D standard - I can attest
that there is nothing in the corp universe that D can't handle, and in
the vast majority of cases handle it in a superior fashion, as long as
the Windoze (and now MacOS, Android, IOS etc.) OS is in play.

Having said all of that, it hasn't changed the facts on the ground one
bit; corporations are willing to sacrifice a lot for the sake of said
risk reduction, preferring .NET, Java etc. over D. Corps will spend
more, get less, and go forward with great inefficiency in software for
the sake of reduced risk.

Whatcha' gonna do with that?
Rudy Velthuis (...

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 1:27 PM   in response to: David Keith in response to: David Keith
David Keith wrote:

newsgroups, people have been asking if or saying that Delphi was
dying.
have traveled in. Unfortunately I have to agree with Joseph on this
one; the reason I don't hear this anymore is because fewer and fewer
corporate developers are aware that Delphi exists...

That's their problem, then, isn't it?

Fact is that it comes up here every few months.

--

"Room service? Send up a larger room."
-- Groucho Marx
Erick Engelke

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 8:13 PM   in response to: David Keith in response to: David Keith
David Keith wrote:
On 12/9/2016 05:42, Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
Joseph Mitzen wrote:

have traveled in. Unfortunately I have to agree with Joseph on this one;
the reason I don't hear this anymore is because fewer and fewer
corporate developers are aware that Delphi exists..

I noticed that FreePascal passed the 6,000,000 download mark on SourceForge this year. Of course sometimes it's the same developer downloading it, but probably not 1,000 times each.

Many of the people using FreePascal are also Delphi users. I know I am. It supports different platforms and licensing requirements.

It would be interesting to know how many people are following the various forums.

Erick
--
Erick Engelke
Enterprise Delphi Databases Book
Using Elevate Web Builder Book
HTML5 Builder Book
Read my Delphi blog
http://www.erickengelke.com

Bruce McGee

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 12:03 PM   in response to: Joseph Mitzen in response to: Joseph Mitzen
Joseph Mitzen wrote:
something Bruce McGee made up

You're lying, Joseph.

But it's good to see that you are still as obsessed as ever about Delphi.

--
Regards
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software
wenjie zhou

Posted: Dec 8, 2016 6:02 PM   in response to: Rudy Velthuis (... in response to: Rudy Velthuis (...
Can not face up to the problem can not solve the problem.
Rudy Velthuis (...

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 2:43 AM   in response to: wenjie zhou in response to: wenjie zhou
wenjie zhou wrote:

If you'd write in complete sentences, e.g. sentences with a subject, I
would probably know what you intend to say (but still not know what you
mean).

--

"My opinions might have changed, but not the fact that I am
right."
Quentin Correll

Re: Thread Hi-Jack
  Posted: Dec 11, 2016 2:54 PM   in response to: Rudy Velthuis (... in response to: Rudy Velthuis (...
Rudy,

Did you receive my e-mail?

--

Q -- XanaNews 1.19.1.372 - 2016-12-11 14:54:09
Rudy Velthuis (...

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 11:18 PM   in response to: Quentin Correll in response to: Quentin Correll
Quentin Correll wrote:

Rudy,

No, I don't think so. I'll look.

--

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)
Rudy Velthuis (...

Posted: Dec 12, 2016 12:20 AM   in response to: Rudy Velthuis (... in response to: Rudy Velthuis (...

Quentin Correll wrote:

Rudy,

No, I don't think so. I'll look.

I answered.

--

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
Quentin Correll

Posted: Dec 12, 2016 7:44 PM   in response to: Rudy Velthuis (... in response to: Rudy Velthuis (...
Rudy,

| I answered.

I haven't [yet] received your reply. (?)

--

Q -- XanaNews 1.19.1.372 - 2016-12-12 19:44:05
Quentin Correll

Posted: Dec 13, 2016 4:32 PM   in response to: Quentin Correll in response to: Quentin Correll
Rudy,

No joy. Guess your reply went astray.

--

Q -- XanaNews 1.19.1.372 - 2016-12-13 16:32:09
Rudy Velthuis (...

Posted: Dec 13, 2016 11:31 PM   in response to: Quentin Correll in response to: Quentin Correll
Quentin Correll wrote:

Rudy,

No joy. Guess your reply went astray.

Huh? You even replied (Dec. 12).

--

"I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."
-- Walt Disney (1901-1966)
Quentin Correll

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 12:43 PM   in response to: Rudy Velthuis (... in response to: Rudy Velthuis (...
Rudy,

| | No joy. Guess your reply went astray.
|
| Huh? You even replied (Dec. 12).

I just looked again and there it was! <shaking head>

--

Q -- XanaNews 1.19.1.372 - 2016-12-14 12:42:58
Edmund Wong

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 11:36 PM   in response to: Quentin Correll in response to: Quentin Correll
Quentin Correll wrote:
Rudy,

Then wouldn't this be Thread Hi-Rudy?

Edmund
Rudy Velthuis (...

Posted: Dec 12, 2016 12:22 AM   in response to: Edmund Wong in response to: Edmund Wong
Edmund Wong wrote:

Quentin Correll wrote:
Rudy,

Then wouldn't this be Thread Hi-Rudy?

Edmund

It would probably be called "Ping Rudy". <g>

--

"Now comes the mystery"
-- Henry Ward Beecher, dying words, March 8, 1887
Quentin Correll

Posted: Dec 12, 2016 7:45 PM   in response to: Edmund Wong in response to: Edmund Wong
Edmund,

| | Did you receive my e-mail?
| |
| Then wouldn't this be Thread Hi-Rudy?

<chuckle>

--

Q -- XanaNews 1.19.1.372 - 2016-12-12 19:45:08
wenjie zhou

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 7:38 PM   in response to: Rudy Velthuis (... in response to: Rudy Velthuis (...
wenjie zhou wrote:

If you'd write in complete sentences, e.g. sentences with a subject, I
would probably know what you intend to say (but still not know what you
mean).

--

"My opinions might have changed, but not the fact that I am
right."

In your opinion, Delphi is developing very well, without any problems. So, nothing to do to amend conditions
In my opinion, That is just don't want to face the problem.
Rudy Velthuis (...

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 11:18 PM   in response to: wenjie zhou in response to: wenjie zhou
wenjie zhou wrote:

In your opinion, Delphi is developing very well, without any
problems. So, nothing to do to amend conditions In my opinion, That
is just don't want to face the problem.

What problem? What "conditions"?

Oh, Delphi isn't perfect, and I have a lot of suggestions to make it
more to /my/ liking, but I don't decide these things.

--

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor,
and that one word is 'to be prepared'." -- George W. Bush
Joseph Mitzen

Posted: Dec 8, 2016 3:40 PM   in response to: Guangyao Hu in response to: Guangyao Hu
Guangyao Hu wrote:

What's the point?!!

The point depends on who is being asked. For Embarcadero, the point is that there are enough people still renewing their license that they can make a profit. For those customers doing the renewing, the point is probably that they have existing software written in Delphi that they need to maintain, are self-employed, or otherwise in a position where the Delphi job market doesn't affect them. For potential new customers - well, those are the people who probably do need to ask what the point is. The state of the Delphi job market would be a much bigger factor for them when evaluating their options.
loki loki

delphi + mobile : it's work !!
  Posted: Dec 15, 2016 12:33 AM   in response to: Guangyao Hu in response to: Guangyao Hu
hello,

just to gave my experience, i start a quite complicate application using
delphi for mobile. To gave you an idea the application is an app like
instagram. actually the app is finished at 60% and i succedd to have the
same speed and the same quality as instagram !

so the fact delphi + mobile it's really work, 1 code, multiple plateform !

actually the bad is that the framework is very poor and i didn't use the
Fmx control because they are too much slow. instead i paint everything
directly myself on the canvas. When i really need a control i use my own
firemonkey descendant control set.

so it's was a little pain to build this framework to get ride of
firemonkey ... but at the end it's really work ! fast, beautifull
design, and multi plateform

just to say it :)
Dave Nottage

Re: delphi + mobile : it's work !!
  Posted: Dec 15, 2016 12:46 AM   in response to: loki loki in response to: loki loki
loki loki wrote:

so the fact delphi + mobile it's really work, 1 code, multiple plateform !

Great to hear!

--
Dave Nottage [MVP, TeamB]
Hints, tips and tricks at: http://www.delphiworlds.com/blog
Mike Margerum

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 6:03 AM   in response to: loki loki in response to: loki loki
On 12/15/16 3:33 AM, loki loki wrote:
hello,

actually the bad is that the framework is very poor and i didn't use the
Fmx control because they are too much slow. instead i paint everything
directly myself on the canvas. When i really need a control i use my own
firemonkey descendant control set.

That sounds like more work than just using the native tools for iOS and
Android.

so it's was a little pain to build this framework to get ride of
firemonkey ... but at the end it's really work ! fast, beautifull
design, and multi plateform

just to say it :)
loki loki

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 12:37 PM   in response to: Mike Margerum in response to: Mike Margerum
That sounds like more work than just using the native tools for iOS and
Android.

by native tool you mean xcode or android studio?
Rudy Velthuis (...

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 10:31 AM   in response to: Mike Margerum in response to: Mike Margerum
Mike Margerum wrote:

hello,

actually the bad is that the framework is very poor and i didn't
use the Fmx control because they are too much slow. instead i paint
everything directly myself on the canvas. When i really need a
control i use my own firemonkey descendant control set.

That sounds like more work than just using the native tools for iOS
and Android.

Indeed, but these are not cross-platform. OK, painting everything
manually is not very cross-platform either.

--

"How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against
an enemy!"
-- Nietzsche
Markus Humm

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 1:01 AM   in response to: Rudy Velthuis (... in response to: Rudy Velthuis (...
Am 16.12.2016 um 19:31 schrieb Rudy Velthuis (TeamB):
Mike Margerum wrote:

hello,

actually the bad is that the framework is very poor and i didn't
use the Fmx control because they are too much slow. instead i paint
everything directly myself on the canvas. When i really need a
control i use my own firemonkey descendant control set.

That sounds like more work than just using the native tools for iOS
and Android.

Indeed, but these are not cross-platform. OK, painting everything
manually is not very cross-platform either.

That depends on whether the graphics system used to draw stuff is cross
platform ;-)

Greetings

Markus
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02