Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Last Post: Mar 22, 2017 8:10 AM Last Post By: Pablo Ramirez
Gerald Holdsworth

Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 7, 2017 9:10 AM
I have just installled Delphi 10.1.2 Starter on a brand new PC, running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, loaded a previously working project and found that the run buttons are disabled. Upon compiling, I get told:
Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable.

Funny thing is, when I installed Delphi 10.1.2 on another PC, previously, I got just that - Delphi. Now, it seems, I've got RAD Studio.

This setup is the exact same as another PC (Windows 7 Pro 64bit), and both have BDS2006 installed. The other one works OK.

I have noticed a fix elsewhere that suggests a windows environment variable 'PLATFORM' be removed - that does not exist on my system. Both systems have BDS2006 also installed.
Gerald Holdsworth

Re: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing  
  Posted: Feb 7, 2017 12:50 PM   in response to: Gerald Holdsworth in response to: Gerald Holdsworth
It appears that I may have found the problem...although I haven't solved it yet.

For some reason, the installer installed both Delphi and C++ Starter editions onto my PC (as I have a licence for both). In fact, it wouldn't proceed originally without both. After I read that this can't be done, I uninstalled C++. No effect. I then decided to delete the C++ licence...bad idea. It now won't let me fire up Delphi as it says it can't find a licence (even though the Licence Manager says there is one, and it is registered) - it just won't accept the Delphi licence as valid.

So, I've fired off a support case to, well, Support. Not entirely sure they'll help me as I'm using the free Starter edition, but one can hope.
Gerald Holdsworth

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 6:23 AM   in response to: Gerald Holdsworth in response to: Gerald Holdsworth
Support got back to me. It appears I need to un-install Berlin, and then re-install it. They sent me the following page to ensure everything is gone before I re-install:

https://community.embarcadero.com/article/articles-support/174-rad-studio/installation-registration/16235-manual-uninstall-of-rad-studio-delphi-c-builder-10-1-berlin

Hope this helps others in the future that may stumble across this solution - not that I've tried it yet, of course!
Pablo Ramirez

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 1:17 PM   in response to: Gerald Holdsworth in response to: Gerald Holdsworth
Thank you Gerald for posting your case. I have the exact same issue. Can you tell me if you finally managed to get it working after re-installing it? I assume you had to re-install it because of the lost license.

Or I have to uninstall it completely and then only install the Delphi part, without C++?

Best regards,

Pablo R.

Gerald Holdsworth wrote:
Support got back to me. It appears I need to un-install Berlin, and then re-install it. They sent me the following page to ensure everything is gone before I re-install:

https://community.embarcadero.com/article/articles-support/174-rad-studio/installation-registration/16235-manual-uninstall-of-rad-studio-delphi-c-builder-10-1-berlin

Hope this helps others in the future that may stumble across this solution - not that I've tried it yet, of course!
Gerald Holdsworth

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 2:57 PM   in response to: Pablo Ramirez in response to: Pablo Ramirez
Pablo Ramirez wrote:
Thank you Gerald for posting your case. I have the exact same issue. Can you tell me if you finally managed to get it working after re-installing it? I assume you had to re-install it because of the lost license.

I followed those instructions, and when I went to re-install it found the licence file, so didn't need to re-activate.

The issue arose because I got myself a new laptop, installed Berlin on it and it couldn't re-activate because I had already activated it too many times. I then did the foolish thing of trying to get an evaluation licence installed - which is where I believe the troubles came from.

After uninstalling and re-installing, it now works perfectly fine. I didn't install C++, mainly as I don't use it - I've got the licence as I was planning to start using it.
Antonio Estevez

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 2:05 AM   in response to: Gerald Holdsworth in response to: Gerald Holdsworth
El 21/03/2017 a las 22:57, Gerald Holdsworth escribió:
Pablo Ramirez wrote:
The issue arose because I got myself a new laptop, installed Berlin on it and it couldn't re-activate because I had already activated it too many times.

You can "request a registration limit increase" here:

http://support.embarcadero.com/Forms/

1) Select your product
2) Select the product version
3) Select "Request a registration limit increase" from the third comobox

Gerald Holdsworth

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 3:39 AM   in response to: Antonio Estevez in response to: Antonio Estevez
Antonio Estevez wrote:
Pablo Ramirez wrote:
The issue arose because I got myself a new laptop, installed Berlin on it and it couldn't re-activate because I had already activated it too many times.

1) Select your product

Yep - did that. I was then able to install Berlin but came across this issue, which is when I went back to Support and they helped me out with the solution. I just posted it here for anyone in the future.

Cheers,

Gerald.
Pablo Ramirez

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 8:09 AM   in response to: Gerald Holdsworth in response to: Gerald Holdsworth
Thanks for your answer. I think it's the best answer I've found about this error message. I think I managed to get it to work by following your instructions (few libraries still missing but that's another thing).

Gerald Holdsworth wrote:
Antonio Estevez wrote:
Pablo Ramirez wrote:

1) Select your product

Yep - did that. I was then able to install Berlin but came across this issue, which is when I went back to Support and they helped me out with the solution. I just posted it here for anyone in the future.

Cheers,

Gerald.

Edited by: Pablo Ramirez on Mar 22, 2017 8:10 AM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02