Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Rendering the Form.Title

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Last Post: Jan 31, 2017 9:02 AM Last Post By: Eitan Arbel
Dan Barclay

Rendering the Form.Title  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 25, 2017 5:03 PM
OK, this is a simple question. Probably trivial.

I finally decided to look into the reason most of my forms show the server IP instead of the assigned .Title property in their tabs. The <TITLE> tag is simply not in the html at all.

Unfortunately, when I try searching for answers I stumble against the transition to the new atozed.com site. Google provides a lot of hits, but I get 404's or not found because it hasn't resolved the new site (or things aren't moved yet).

One form renders the .Title as expected, but when I compare its properties with one that doesn't I see no differences.

Why would the forms not render the .Title? What might I be missing? The hard stuff is easy, its silly that I don't see this one but I don't <g>.

Dan
XE2 with IW14.1.4

Edited by: Dan Barclay on Jan 25, 2017 7:04 PM
Eitan Arbel

Re: Rendering the Form.Title  
  Posted: Jan 25, 2017 5:27 PM   in response to: Dan Barclay in response to: Dan Barclay
my app have about 200 forms and frames, and only in the last 2-3 days i started to change the form titles... :D

just "asking" :
every form has its own Title property.
did you set it for every form you want ?
Dan Barclay

Posted: Jan 25, 2017 6:14 PM   in response to: Eitan Arbel in response to: Eitan Arbel
Eitan Arbel wrote:
my app have about 200 forms and frames, and only in the last 2-3 days i started to change the form titles... :D

just "asking" :

Yes, it is set. Some set in the dfm, others also changed (set) in code. I even put a break in the code to assure the value was being set.

A few minuets ago I managed to make one form that was working, quit working. I was playing around with its IWTemplateProcessorHTML properties. This should be dead simple.

Dan
Eitan Arbel

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 4:26 AM   in response to: Dan Barclay in response to: Dan Barclay
for now i don't use templates so i don't know how it goes with it.
but maybe there is some collision with the template's Title, and the form's Title
Dan Barclay

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 7:54 PM   in response to: Dan Barclay in response to: Dan Barclay
Dan Barclay wrote:
Eitan Arbel wrote:

just "asking" :

Yes, it is set. Some set in the dfm, others also changed (set) in code. I even put a break in the code to assure the value was being set.

A few minuets ago I managed to make one form that was working, quit working. I was playing around with its IWTemplateProcessorHTML properties. This should be dead simple.

Apparently this is somehow related to template processing.
When I rename the Templates folder so that none of the templates can be found, the .Titles show up in the tabs. Replacing the Templates causes the <Title> element to disappear.

Dan
XE2 IW14.1.5
Eitan Arbel

Posted: Jan 30, 2017 5:56 AM   in response to: Dan Barclay in response to: Dan Barclay
When I rename the Templates folder so that none of the templates can be found, the .Titles show up in the tabs. Replacing the Templates causes the <Title> element to disappear.

thinking loud :
do you have a <title>...</title> section in your template?
if you have, maybe try to remove it and let IW add the form's Title to the final output
Dan Barclay

Posted: Jan 30, 2017 9:02 AM   in response to: Eitan Arbel in response to: Eitan Arbel
Eitan Arbel wrote:

thinking loud :
do you have a <title>...</title> section in your template?
if you have, maybe try to remove it and let IW add the form's Title to the final output
Yes, I tried it both ways. I know I did, but when I just now tried it again I find that if I put a fixed title in the master template, things seem to work as they should.

When I put a fixed <title> in the master template that title is used as a default. If the IW form has a title, the default is replaced with the correct title.

Thanks for asking this question, it caused me to test it again. So, having a title in the template seems to be the key. I may investigate this again when I get more time, mainly to see if I can find the real trigger since I do recall adding/removing <title> in the templates before.

For info, I usually spend a lot of time trying to "break" systems so that I know where the boundaries are. I still don't have the feeling that I understand this one well enough yet.

Dan
Eitan Arbel

Posted: Jan 31, 2017 9:02 AM   in response to: Dan Barclay in response to: Dan Barclay

For info, I usually spend a lot of time trying to "break" systems so that I know where the boundaries are.
LOL :D :D
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02