Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Error compiling Android Services Demo with Delphi 10.1 Berlin

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: Dec 3, 2016 8:23 AM Last Post By: Guest
Error compiling Android Services Demo with Delphi 10.1 Berlin
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 28, 2016 8:13 AM
When I try to compile the NotificationService demo project I get the following error:

[Exec Error] The command ""\bin\javac" -d javaclasses -Xlint:deprecation -classpath "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidSDK-2433_18.0.25048.9432\platforms\android-22\android.jar";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\lib\Android\Debug\fmx.jar" -bootclasspath "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidSDK-2433_18.0.25048.9432\platforms\android-22\android.jar" -encoding UTF-8 -target 1.6 -g -source 1.6 .\Android\Debug\NotificationService.java .\Android\Debug\NotificationServiceProxyInterface.java" exited with code 3.

I can compile any standard Android application in the demos but not Android services.

Can you please help me ?
Akah Owei

Re: Error compiling Android Services Demo with Delphi 10.1 Berlin  
  Posted: Nov 29, 2016 11:35 AM   in response to: Guest in response to: Guest
Luca Pretti wrote:
When I try to compile the NotificationService demo project I get the following error:

[Exec Error] The command ""\bin\javac" -d javaclasses -Xlint:deprecation -classpath "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidSDK-2433_18.0.25048.9432\platforms\android-22\android.jar";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\lib\Android\Debug\fmx.jar" -bootclasspath "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidSDK-2433_18.0.25048.9432\platforms\android-22\android.jar" -encoding UTF-8 -target 1.6 -g -source 1.6 .\Android\Debug\NotificationService.java .\Android\Debug\NotificationServiceProxyInterface.java" exited with code 3.

I can compile any standard Android application in the demos but not Android services.

Can you please help me ?

I have the same problem also. I use Java 1.8.0.101. Any solution?
  Posted: Nov 30, 2016 12:19 AM   in response to: Guest in response to: Guest
I have modified the above command (using Notepad) as:

javac -d "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\Samples\Object Pascal\Multi-Device Samples\Device Sensors and Services\AndroidNotificationServiceDemo\NotificationService\JavaClasses" -Xlint:deprecation -classpath "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidSDK-2433_18.0.25048.9432\platforms\android-22\android.jar";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\lib\Android\Debug\fmx.jar" -bootclasspath "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidSDK-2433_18.0.25048.9432\platforms\android-22\android.jar" -encoding UTF-8 -target 1.6 -g -source 1.6 "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\Samples\Object Pascal\Multi-Device Samples\Device Sensors and Services\AndroidNotificationServiceDemo\NotificationService\Android\Debug\NotificationService.java" "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\Samples\Object Pascal\Multi-Device Samples\Device Sensors and Services\AndroidNotificationServiceDemo\NotificationService\Android\Debug\NotificationServiceProxyInterface.java"

I run this command in a command window (cmd.exe) and the java compiler worked and I got the compiled *.class files in the following directory:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\Samples\Object Pascal\Multi-Device Samples\Device Sensors and Services\AndroidNotificationServiceDemo\NotificationService\JavaClasses\com\embarcadero\services

Now the question is: how can I get the Delphi IDE to format the java compiler command correctly ?
Remy Lebeau (Te...

Posted: Nov 30, 2016 8:54 AM   in response to: Guest in response to: Guest
Luca wrote:

Now the question is: how can I get the Delphi IDE to format
the java compiler command correctly ?

File a bug report with Quaality Portal (http://quality.embarcadero.com) and
wait for a fix.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
  Posted: Dec 2, 2016 2:37 AM   in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te... in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te...
File a bug report with Quaality Portal (http://quality.embarcadero.com) and
wait for a fix.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

I did it: RSP- 16450.
  Posted: Dec 3, 2016 8:23 AM   in response to: Guest in response to: Guest
Solved !!!.

This issue is caused if the build tools used by the IDE are not of the 22.0.1 version but of the 25.0.1 version.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02