Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: iOS: Unable to install package (e800004b)

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 11 - Last Post: Oct 31, 2016 9:40 AM Last Post By: Alec Bergamini
Frank Staal

iOS: Unable to install package (e800004b)  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 25, 2016 1:54 AM
I am on the latest version of Berlin, XCode and iOS (10.1 as of yesterday). I am trying to deploy an app to my iPhone 6 S Plus and when I select 32 bits it all works. When I select 64 bits it fails with this message. Google doesn't really give a hit on the error, so... Anyone have a clue as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.
Alec Bergamini

Re: iOS: Unable to install package (e800004b)  
  Posted: Oct 26, 2016 11:57 AM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
I've got the same problem. I mistakenly allowed my 64bit iOS device install iOS 10.1. This is a problem because the current version of XCode does not support iOS 10.1.

So I looked around and discovered that there is a beta version of XCode that does contain the iOS 10.1 SDK. So I downloaded it. Then I downloaded the command line tools (Beta 2) that goes with this version of XCode and updated the command line tools in XCode to the beta command line tools.(see the Delphi Doc wiki for refresher on this, I did). The re-run PA Server.

At this point Delphi let me add the iPhoneOS 10.1 SDK which I did and selected it from my project.

I then compiled and ran my project and to my amazement it actually worked!

Honestly I thought I was hosed because I suspected that I would need a new version of PAServer. BTW I also ran my project in debug and it also worked.

Hope this helps
Alec Bergamini

Frank Staal wrote:
I am on the latest version of Berlin, XCode and iOS (10.1 as of yesterday). I am trying to deploy an app to my iPhone 6 S Plus and when I select 32 bits it all works. When I select 64 bits it fails with this message. Google doesn't really give a hit on the error, so... Anyone have a clue as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.
Frank Staal

Posted: Oct 28, 2016 12:24 AM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
I see that the new (8.1) XCode is finally released. I'll try that one first.
Lena Ilicheva

Posted: Oct 28, 2016 1:01 AM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
In project options:
Cenerate iOS universal binary file (armv7 + arm64)=true
?
Frank Staal

Posted: Oct 28, 2016 1:08 AM   in response to: Lena Ilicheva in response to: Lena Ilicheva
Lena Ilicheva wrote:
In project options:
?
That is something I can definitely try! Currently I am waiting on the installer to be done with the Xcode install... (or rather the 4.47 GB download)
Alec Bergamini

Posted: Oct 28, 2016 9:06 AM   in response to: Lena Ilicheva in response to: Lena Ilicheva
Lena Ilicheva wrote:
In project options:
?

That's interesting. Can you refer me to docs for this.
I see the setting in Project/Options but I can't find an explanation of what it does.
Omar Edgardo Ze...

Posted: Oct 28, 2016 10:02 AM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
Hi,

I have updated to XCode 8.1 to find out the Berlin Update 1 doesnt work.
Had to downgrade to XCode 8.

Omar Zelaya

El 28/10/16 a las 01:24, Frank Staal escribió:
Alec Bergamini

Posted: Oct 28, 2016 10:44 AM   in response to: Omar Edgardo Ze... in response to: Omar Edgardo Ze...
Omar Edgardo Zelaya Medrano wrote:
Hi,

I have updated to XCode 8.1 to find out the Berlin Update 1 doesnt work.
Had to downgrade to XCode 8.

Omar Zelaya

El 28/10/16 a las 01:24, Frank Staal escribió:

Did you also update the command line tools.
I have XCode 8.1 working with Berlin Update 1 with no apparent problems. To get there I downloaded XCode 8.1, Updated the XCode command line tools for 8.1. Then Updated the iOS SDKs in Delphi to the 10.1 SDK.
Dave Nottage

Posted: Oct 28, 2016 9:31 PM   in response to: Alec Bergamini in response to: Alec Bergamini
Alec Bergamini wrote:

Did you also update the command line tools.
I have XCode 8.1 working with Berlin Update 1 with no apparent problems. To get there I downloaded XCode 8.1, Updated
the XCode command line tools for 8.1. Then Updated the iOS SDKs in Delphi to the 10.1 SDK.

Are you able to list the simulators available (under iOS Simulator node in the project manager)?

--
Dave Nottage [MVP, TeamB]
Hints, tips and tricks at: http://www.delphiworlds.com/blog
Lars Gustafsson

Posted: Oct 29, 2016 4:20 AM   in response to: Dave Nottage in response to: Dave Nottage
Dave Nottage wrote:

Are you able to list the simulators available (under iOS Simulator node in the project manager)?

My answer is NO!

Here's a summary of my experience with 10.1 Berlin Update 1 with macOS Sierra 10.12.1, XCode 8.1 (with updated command line tools) and iOS 10.1:

iOS Simulator. Deploy fails (Error message "Unable to launch process...Session ended"). Target refresh does not work.
iOS32: Deploy ok (with a a warning from iOS that my 32-bit app may slow down the device). Debug does not work.
iOS64: Deploy ok. Debug ok.
macOS/OSX: Deploy ok. Running from IDE without debugging is ok. Debug does not work.

Well, this is Apple...Based on my Apple experience I always keep a VM of a working version, right now macOS 10.12.0 with XCode 8.0, so I can still debug my OSX and iOS Simulator projects.

Edited by: Lars Gustafsson on Oct 29, 2016 4:21 AM
Alec Bergamini

Posted: Oct 31, 2016 9:40 AM   in response to: Dave Nottage in response to: Dave Nottage
Dave Nottage wrote:
Dave, Ok, good point.
I don't normally use the simulators because they are so slow with my set up.
My system was showing "iOS Simulator - iPhoneSimulator 10.0 - Mac Mini profile" for the nod in the Project Manager.
So I right clicked that node and Chose "Edit SDK' from the context menu, chose "iOS Simulator" from the SDK Versions list and then clicked the "Add" button. After a brief pause the "Add a New SDK" dialog appeared and listed "iPhoneSimulator 10.1" in the "Select an SDK version:" field. I choose that and it went to the "Updating Local File Cache" status dialog and downloaded the simulator SDK. It dowloaded 54 items, completed with no errors in the log, and now lists the 10.1 simulator (along with the original 10.0 in my SDK manager. I haven't tried using this simulator because, like I said, these really don't work well with my seriously under powered mac-mini.

Hopefully that answers your question.

I keep asking here if the people trying this also updated the XCode command line tools to the version that pairs with this new xCode but no ones responded to this.
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Oct 28, 2016 2:00 PM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
Frank Staal wrote:

Thanks.

selecting iOS32 bit should install the universal binary as needed, i.e with no need to specificly install iOS64 bit?
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02