Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Debugging FMX application that resides on network drive

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Oct 20, 2016 1:55 AM Last Post By: Davide Rubbiani
Davide Rubbiani

Debugging FMX application that resides on network drive  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 9, 2016 3:36 AM
Hello,

as many programmes do I set up my delphi 10.1 update 1 environment on a virtual machine (in particular a vmware Fusion).
To backup my sources when the virtual machine is not running I copied all my projects on a virtual shared drive (that appears in my Delphi IDE a a network path and not as a mapped drive like it appears on Windows eplorer).
With this configuration everything works fine with VCL but I can't debug any FMX Android app on an external USB attached tablet.

The application starts and I can use it on the tablet but doesn't stop at the breakpoints I setup in the code.
If I store the file locally (on the virtual machine disk) the breakpoints are respected and the application stops correctly.

Is there a solution so I can store my sources on a shared folder and carry on working with Delphi as they are stored locally ?

Thank you,
Davide
Marek Bojarski

Re: Debugging FMX application that resides on network drive  
  Posted: Oct 12, 2016 6:07 AM   in response to: Davide Rubbiani in response to: Davide Rubbiani
W dniu 2016-10-09 o 12:36, Davide Rubbiani pisze:
Hello,

as many programmes do I set up my delphi 10.1 update 1 environment on a virtual machine (in particular a vmware Fusion).
To backup my sources when the virtual machine is not running I copied all my projects on a virtual shared drive (that appears in my Delphi IDE a a network path and not as a mapped drive like it appears on Windows eplorer).
With this configuration everything works fine with VCL but I can't debug any FMX Android app on an external USB attached tablet.

The application starts and I can use it on the tablet but doesn't stop at the breakpoints I setup in the code.
If I store the file locally (on the virtual machine disk) the breakpoints are respected and the application stops correctly.

Is there a solution so I can store my sources on a shared folder and carry on working with Delphi as they are stored locally ?
Where do you put DCUs and executable?
Davide Rubbiani

Posted: Oct 14, 2016 9:36 AM   in response to: Marek Bojarski in response to: Marek Bojarski
Hello Marek,

the DCU's and executables are on the C disk of the vistual machine.
Only the sources are in the VMWare Fusion shared folder.

Do you have any advice about?

Thank you,
Davide

Marek Bojarski wrote:
Hello,

Davide Rubbiani

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 1:55 AM   in response to: Davide Rubbiani in response to: Davide Rubbiani
Hello,

I'm verifying a lot of problems on VCL projects too.
Many features don't works (ex. Ctrl + Shift + A) and sometime the IDE freeze to restart working a few seconds after.

Is it possible to work on sources that resides on network drive or like in my case on VMWare Fusion Shared folders?
Are there any IDE setup options to consider?

Thank you,
Davide

Davide Rubbiani wrote:
Hello Marek,

the DCU's and executables are on the C disk of the vistual machine.
Only the sources are in the VMWare Fusion shared folder.

Do you have any advice about?

Thank you,
Davide

Marek Bojarski wrote:
Hello,

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02