Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Delphi 10 Seattle - TDBGrid column size are reset to 64 px

Permlink Replies: 17 - Last Post: Oct 11, 2016 9:24 AM Last Post By: Natkunasingam J...
costa basil

Delphi 10 Seattle - TDBGrid column size are reset to 64 px
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 24, 2015 6:00 PM
Hello:

I am trying to upgrade my project from XE8 to XE10, and one weird thing that's happening is that the first TDBGrid column that has the width = 200 in the dfm, is reset to 64 at design time and runtime in Delphi XE10.

Any ideas? I am going to do more digging tomorrow and let you know what I discover.

Thanks
Hanno Nagland

Re: Delphi 10 Seattle - TDBGrid column size are reset to 64 px
  Posted: Sep 25, 2015 3:55 AM   in response to: costa basil in response to: costa basil
costa basil wrote:
Hello:

I am trying to upgrade my project from XE8 to XE10, and one weird thing that's happening is that the first TDBGrid column that has the width = 200 in the dfm, is reset to 64 at design time and runtime in Delphi XE10.

Any ideas? I am going to do more digging tomorrow and let you know what I discover.

Thanks

Hi

I can confirm this. Looks like a bug, please report to QualityPortal
Bogdan Miechowicz

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 5:42 AM   in response to: Hanno Nagland in response to: Hanno Nagland
I also have this bug.
TDbGrid first column width is not read.
When the width is set on a form, then it is stored in .dfm file.
But it is read as not-set (set to 64 pixels).
If I save form again, the width of column is not stored.
The problem is in reading Grid settings from dfm file.
How to repair it?
I have over 900 forms with grids in my project!
Lajos Juhasz

Re: Delphi 10 Seattle - TDBGrid column size are reset to 64 px [Edit]
  Posted: Sep 25, 2015 8:27 AM   in response to: costa basil in response to: costa basil
costa basil wrote:

Hello:

I am trying to upgrade my project from XE8 to XE10, and one weird
thing that's happening is that the first TDBGrid column that has the
width = 200 in the dfm, is reset to 64 at design time and runtime in
Delphi XE10.

Any ideas? I am going to do more digging tomorrow and let you know
what I discover.

Thanks

Unfortunately it looks like a bug in the streaming have no time analyze
in detail. However if you edit the form with ALT+F12 and add width to
the first column and return to the form with ALT+F12 the value of the
width will be ignored.

I've checked TSTringgrid is also bugged.
costa basil

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 10:16 AM   in response to: costa basil in response to: costa basil
Hanno Nagland

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 1:14 PM   in response to: costa basil in response to: costa basil
costa basil wrote:
My colleague submitted this: https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-12433.

Thanks, gived my vote
renanbg renanbg

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 12:44 PM   in response to: costa basil in response to: costa basil
costa basil wrote:
Hello:

Thanks

I have the same problem here. Any news about the solution?
Auto Computers

Posted: Oct 14, 2015 7:27 AM   in response to: costa basil in response to: costa basil
costa basil wrote:
Hello:

Thanks

I can confirm this bug. Using ADO components and DBGrid. Strange I have other DBgrid's in my app that are working fine. Is there any work around this is
a show stopper for me. Back to XE8

Thanks
ben cohen

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 3:22 PM   in response to: Auto Computers in response to: Auto Computers
Godfrey Fletcher wrote:
costa basil wrote:
Hello:

Thanks

I can confirm this bug. Using ADO components and DBGrid. Strange I have other DBgrid's in my app that are working fine. Is there any work around this is

Thanks
ben cohen

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 3:24 PM   in response to: ben cohen in response to: ben cohen
ben cohen wrote:
Godfrey Fletcher wrote:
costa basil wrote:
Hello:

Thanks

Thanks

I worked around the bug by setting col widths at runtime.
Steve Spalding

Posted: Nov 4, 2015 4:41 AM   in response to: ben cohen in response to: ben cohen
ben cohen wrote:

I worked around the bug by setting col widths at runtime.

I put in a D10 workaround to just set the width of column[0] at runtime, in the form activation - then all the remaining columns in that grid resumed their preset 'width' values. (Of course, it worked fine without this in all prior versions up through Delphi 8).

Edited by: Steve Spalding on Nov 4, 2015 4:41 AM
Xisco Pérez

Posted: Nov 6, 2015 7:00 AM   in response to: costa basil in response to: costa basil
costa basil wrote:
Hello:

Thanks

Hello,

is there any soluction for this? I know that if I put width value on runtime it will work, but I have hundreds of Grid in each project and a lot of projects, and I can do it.

I will have to go back to XE7 if there is not soluction.

Thanks.
Xisco
Cesar Augusto C...

Posted: Nov 20, 2015 10:54 AM   in response to: costa basil in response to: costa basil
news??!
paul reeves

Posted: Dec 9, 2015 12:47 PM   in response to: Cesar Augusto C... in response to: Cesar Augusto C...
Cesar Augusto Crocomo wrote:
news??!

I spent big bucks upgrading and this bug persists? Really troubling. For me, not only does the column width revert back to 64, but columns that have a column width of 64 always display with a width of 1024 (or so). This issue has been around at least since XE. Does anyone know if they are related?
jorge luis beluco

Posted: Dec 10, 2015 7:59 AM   in response to: costa basil in response to: costa basil
RSP-12433, RSP-12318...

Waiting general updates or bug fixes introduced in Delphi 10.
They are taking ... and it makes us apprehensive.
A crude example and the issue of DBGrids widely used. But now they are "jamming / burdening" the use of this new version.
We do not want to imagine that level of companies Embarcadoero / Idera, can "kidnap" one funcioncionalidade (introducing a bug) and then ransom (forcing renew subscription) to have her back.
Please respectfully request that leave no feelings like these welling in our community.
Eric Dumont

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 2:28 AM   in response to: jorge luis beluco in response to: jorge luis beluco
jorge luis beluco wrote:
RSP-12433, RSP-12318...

Waiting general updates or bug fixes introduced in Delphi 10.
They are taking ... and it makes us apprehensive.
A crude example and the issue of DBGrids widely used. But now they are "jamming / burdening" the use of this new version.
We do not want to imagine that level of companies Embarcadoero / Idera, can "kidnap" one funcioncionalidade (introducing a bug) and then ransom (forcing renew subscription) to have her back.
Please respectfully request that leave no feelings like these welling in our community.

I am wondering if there is any news about that. hot fix maybe ?
Paul Holland

Posted: Sep 29, 2016 6:24 PM   in response to: costa basil in response to: costa basil
Still no action on this. Really unhappy and certainly won't be upgrading to Berlin (who knows what disasters for App migration that will bring). Clearly Embarcadero are trying to kill off the once-great toolset.

I've been with this product from Turbo Pascal v1.0 and am really disappointed the old Borland attitude has died... It's just a cash-cow for you guys now isn't it?
Natkunasingam J...

Posted: Oct 11, 2016 9:24 AM   in response to: Paul Holland in response to: Paul Holland
Paul Holland wrote:
Still no action on this. Really unhappy and certainly won't be upgrading to Berlin (who knows what disasters for App migration that will bring). Clearly Embarcadero are trying to kill off the once-great toolset.

I've been with this product from Turbo Pascal v1.0 and am really disappointed the old Borland attitude has died... It's just a cash-cow for you guys now isn't it?

Hi,

I confirm that this bug was fixed in Seattle Update 1 and Berlin Update 1 too this bug is NOT found.

Regards,
Jey
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02