Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Interbase XE7 Deployment with the application

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Sep 12, 2016 3:02 PM Last Post By: quinn wildman
Chetan Shirsangi

Interbase XE7 Deployment with the application  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 7, 2016 5:19 AM
Dear Team,

I have developed a Windows Desktop application using Delphi 10 Seattle and Interbase XE7 Desktop Edition (both licensed version). I will be packaging all my executables using Microsoft Virtualization sequencer into one single Appv file which can be used for deployment to hundreds of users of the application. The Interbase database is used locally by the application and hence once deployed, each user will be working on his own Interbase database copy file (.GDB / IB file).
To meet this requirement I want to know which Interbase version(IBLite, Interbase ToGo, Interbase Desktop, Interbase XE7 ToGo Test Deployment) should be used , that can be added in my application package and deployed across all users with application package.
quinn wildman

Re: Interbase XE7 Deployment with the application  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 12, 2016 3:02 PM   in response to: Chetan Shirsangi in response to: Chetan Shirsangi
Chetan Shirsangi wrote:
Dear Team,

I have developed a Windows Desktop application using Delphi 10 Seattle and Interbase XE7 Desktop Edition (both licensed version). I will be packaging all my executables using Microsoft Virtualization sequencer into one single Appv file which can be used for deployment to hundreds of users of the application. The Interbase database is used locally by the application and hence once deployed, each user will be working on his own Interbase database copy file (.GDB / IB file).
To meet this requirement I want to know which Interbase version(IBLite, Interbase ToGo, Interbase Desktop, Interbase XE7 ToGo Test Deployment) should be used , that can be added in my application package and deployed across all users with application package.

IBLite, InterBase ToGo or InterBase Desktop would all work here. ToGo Test Deployment does not You should look at the table at https://www.embarcadero.com/products/interbase/product-editions.. IBLite is free, but has restrictions because it is free. ToGo would be what I would suggest. You'll need to be a VAR to include ToGo or InterBase Desktop with your application, which means you need to contact sales.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02