Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: How to change the Delphi 10.1 install path?

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: Jul 25, 2016 7:41 PM Last Post By: Chris LeFebvre
Chris LeFebvre

How to change the Delphi 10.1 install path?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 24, 2016 3:59 PM
In previous versions of Delphi you always had the option to do an advanced install where you could change the installation directory, I always try and conserve space on my C: drive and install the bulk of Delphi on my I: drive (which is a 4tb drive) but with the new installer I can't seem to find how you change the installation path. Is there a way to do that?

Edited by: Chris LeFebvre on Jul 24, 2016 4:13 PM
Jeff Overcash (...

Re: How to change the Delphi 10.1 install path? [Edit]  
  Posted: Jul 24, 2016 9:27 PM   in response to: Chris LeFebvre in response to: Chris LeFebvre
Chris LeFebvre wrote:
In previous versions of Delphi you always had the option to do an advanced install where you could change the installation directory, I always try and conserve space on my C: drive and install the bulk of Delphi on my I: drive (which is a 4tb drive) but with the new installer I can't seem to find how you change the installation path. Is there a way to do that?

Edited by: Chris LeFebvre on Jul 24, 2016 4:13 PM

If you are using the GetIt installer, the very first screen has a cogwheel in
the lower right. Click it and the option to change it is cleverly hidden there.
The ISO install it is in the normal spot.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you
know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know it as well as you. We are
all leaners, doers, teachers. (R Bach)
Chris LeFebvre

Posted: Jul 24, 2016 11:06 PM   in response to: Jeff Overcash (... in response to: Jeff Overcash (...
Hi Jeff:

Here's a screenshot of the first screen which is the Platform Selection screen and there's no cogwheel in the lower right that I can see https://www.dropbox.com/s/pz7v4onyo8r17o3/Screen%20Shot%2007-25-16%20at%2001.59%20AM.JPG?dl=0

Edited by: Chris LeFebvre on Jul 24, 2016 11:06 PM
Borja Serrano

Helpful
  Posted: Jul 25, 2016 7:43 AM   in response to: Chris LeFebvre in response to: Chris LeFebvre
There is a previous one with an "Options" button

Chris LeFebvre wrote:
Hi Jeff:

Here's a screenshot of the first screen which is the Platform Selection screen and there's no cogwheel in the lower right that I can see https://www.dropbox.com/s/pz7v4onyo8r17o3/Screen%20Shot%2007-25-16%20at%2001.59%20AM.JPG?dl=0

Jeff Overcash (...

Helpful
  Posted: Jul 25, 2016 9:09 AM   in response to: Borja Serrano in response to: Borja Serrano
Borja Serrano wrote:
There is a previous one with an "Options" button

Chris LeFebvre wrote:
Hi Jeff:

Very first screen. It might have been called options ... I only used that
installer during the beta so don't recall now, only that it felt hidden away the
way it is setup to get to.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you
know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know it as well as you. We are
all leaners, doers, teachers. (R Bach)
Chris LeFebvre

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 7:41 PM   in response to: Borja Serrano in response to: Borja Serrano
Borja:

There is a previous screen and it's the License Agreement and Privacy Policy screen, honestly I didn't notice until after about the fifth uninstall / reinstall that there's an options button next to the "Accept / Ok" button. And I was looking for the cogwheel icon Jeff mentioned in his first post.

Jeff: You're right, that options button (to me) seems to be in a really strange place since I imagine most people like myself just click through the License Agreement without really looking. It would seem to me that a more natural location would be the second screen (the platform selection screen) and that's where most people would look for installation options. Just sayin....

Thanks Jeff and Borja for being patient!
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02