Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Using Delphi/Pascal units in C++ Builder

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Jul 7, 2016 6:06 AM Last Post By: Richard Williams
Richard Williams

Using Delphi/Pascal units in C++ Builder  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 7, 2016 2:08 AM
I do apologise for my ignorance - but I am trying to do something about it.

I am attempting to get the Synopse PDF engine to work with C++ Builder, and it is all written in Delphi, a language I am unfamiliar with but as it uses the VCL etc I can pretty much guess what is going on - my main difficulty is it's written by professional programmers and not novices/hobbyists like me, however that's by-the-by.

My query is more related to the way C++ Builder handles Pascal units than anything else. I have added the pascal units to my project, but when coming to compile the project, I get the following message:
'[DCC Fatal Error] SynCommons.pas(742): F2613 Unit 'SynLZ' not found.'
This is in the 'uses' section of SynCommons.pas (which I believe is equivalent to '#include SynLZ.h'). Now, SynLZ.pas is one of the files I explicitly added to the project, so why can't it be found?

I have a strong feeling I have not switched a switch somewhere in C++ Builder, but have no idea what I'm looking for, and cannot get an idea from the rather fractured help system in 10.1 Berlin.
Can someone help please? It's driving me potty.

Regards,

Richard.
Richard Williams

Re: Using Delphi/Pascal units in C++ Builder  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 7, 2016 6:06 AM   in response to: Richard Williams in response to: Richard Williams
Richard Williams wrote:
I do apologise for my ignorance - but I am trying to do something about it.

I am attempting to get the Synopse PDF engine to work with C++ Builder, and it is all written in Delphi, a language I am unfamiliar with but as it uses the VCL etc I can pretty much guess what is going on - my main difficulty is it's written by professional programmers and not novices/hobbyists like me, however that's by-the-by.

My query is more related to the way C++ Builder handles Pascal units than anything else. I have added the pascal units to my project, but when coming to compile the project, I get the following message:
'[DCC Fatal Error] SynCommons.pas(742): F2613 Unit 'SynLZ' not found.'
This is in the 'uses' section of SynCommons.pas (which I believe is equivalent to '#include SynLZ.h'). Now, SynLZ.pas is one of the files I explicitly added to the project, so why can't it be found?

I have a strong feeling I have not switched a switch somewhere in C++ Builder, but have no idea what I'm looking for, and cannot get an idea from the rather fractured help system in 10.1 Berlin.
Can someone help please? It's driving me potty.

Regards,

Richard.
Think I found the root of this problem.
I had added the .pas files to the project by adding all the files in one hit - selecting them all with the dialogue box. When I deleted them all from the project, and added them singly, it recognised the files and was happy to progress beyond the 'uses' section of the Delphi units.

Very peculiar behaviour that may be worth remembering in the future.

Regards,

Richard.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02