Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Unable to connect to Interbase XE7

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Jun 14, 2016 9:19 AM Last Post By: Jeff Overcash (...
Chetan Shirsangi

Unable to connect to Interbase XE7
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 14, 2016 6:54 AM
I have installed Interbase XE7 and Interbase ToGo Deployment edition on the machine along with Delphi 10 RAD Studio. My existing application was in Delphi 7 which I am trying to upgrade to Delphi 10 Seattle.
I have taken the database backup of Interbase 5.5 and restored it to Interbase XE7 successfully. My current Delphi application uses BDE for connecting Delphi to Interbase and hence we are using BDE Installer patch which is compatible with Delphi 10 Seattle.
The application is unable to connect to the database on Interbase XE7 and we get following error.

"Unknown Database. Unable to complete network request to host "IB_SERVER/3050". Failed to establish connection."

Please guide us on how to connect Delphi application to Interbase XE7 using BDE.
Jeff Overcash (...

Re: Unable to connect to Interbase XE7
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 14, 2016 9:19 AM   in response to: Chetan Shirsangi in response to: Chetan Shirsangi
Chetan Shirsangi wrote:
I have installed Interbase XE7 and Interbase ToGo Deployment edition on the machine along with Delphi 10 RAD Studio. My existing application was in Delphi 7 which I am trying to upgrade to Delphi 10 Seattle.
I have taken the database backup of Interbase 5.5 and restored it to Interbase XE7 successfully. My current Delphi application uses BDE for connecting Delphi to Interbase and hence we are using BDE Installer patch which is compatible with Delphi 10 Seattle.
The application is unable to connect to the database on Interbase XE7 and we get following error.

"Unknown Database. Unable to complete network request to host "IB_SERVER/3050". Failed to establish connection."

Please guide us on how to connect Delphi application to Interbase XE7 using BDE.

Is tyour server name really IB_SERVER or is the machine name something else?
Also make sure your GDS32.dll is at least from XE and up, any versions before
that can not connect to XE and up.

This group is for InterBase Express (IBX), not the BDE. Totally different set
of components. You should get off the BDE ASAP as it has not been developed in
over a decade and actually no longer ships with Delphi.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you
know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know it as well as you. We are
all leaners, doers, teachers. (R Bach)
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02