Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: XE7 - XML Documentation Comments

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: May 26, 2016 2:52 PM Last Post By: Fred Schetterer
Jeff Cope

XE7 - XML Documentation Comments  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 25, 2016 1:39 PM
Per this documentation on XML comments...
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Berlin/en/XML_Documentation_Comments#Overview

We tried adding the sample comment to one of our methods in the implementation section like the example shows. This failed to show the comment on the hovering over the method. However, if we moved the comment to the interface section it worked fine.

Is there a way to use XML comments by tagging them in the implementation section? It really seems to clutter up the interface section so I think it would be more appropriate for it in implementation.

Fred Schetterer

Re: XE7 - XML Documentation Comments  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 26, 2016 2:52 PM   in response to: Jeff Cope in response to: Jeff Cope
Jeff Cope wrote:
Is there a way to use XML comments by tagging them in the implementation section? It really seems to clutter up the interface section so I think it would be more appropriate for it in implementation.

Not that I could find, but the bonus is that you can get the text from the interface by hovering over the implementation. Some 3rd Party tools also allow docking a Live Doc window to make that all simpler.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02