Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: PLEASE RESPOND: No Help for compiler errors/warnings/hints? Seattle&Berlin

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 11 - Last Post: May 11, 2016 2:37 PM Last Post By: Free Dorfman
Free Dorfman

PLEASE RESPOND: No Help for compiler errors/warnings/hints? Seattle&Berlin  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 8, 2016 4:51 PM
Hey all.

############################################################################
As I amend this posting, at least 60 people have viewed it.

Yet NOBODY has chimed in??!!!??

Could you please let me know: 10 Seattle Update 1 and/or 10.1 Berlin:
Are you able to [F1] in the IDE Messages on a compiler error/warning/hint and get help?
Or are you seeing No help found for dcc32 ?

PLEASE RESPOND. Thanks.
############################################################################

I have Delphi 10 Seattle Update 1 on one machine, and Delphi 10.1 Berlin on another.

On both machines, if - within the Messages window - I press [F1] on any compiler error, warning or hint, I get a curt dialog that says No help found for dcc32.

Is everybody else having this problem?

Does anyone know how I can fix it?

I did some searching - on the web in general, and at EMBT's QC - and saw only one "solution" about manually resetting a bunch of registry entries, post a 2nd installation of Delphi - in a different folder. Only (a) that scenario doesn't apply to me; and (b) the original poster in that case said it did not help.

Thanks.

Edited by: Free Dorfman on May 9, 2016 7:47 PM
Brian Ford

Re: PLEASE RESPOND: No Help for compiler errors/warnings/hints? Seattle&Berlin  
  Posted: May 10, 2016 6:43 AM   in response to: Free Dorfman in response to: Free Dorfman
I also get "no help found for dcc32" in Berlin.

It does the same thing in my Delphi 2007 version also (which is what I still use primarily). I have a feeling in 2007 I chose to not install the Help Files though (I think it was an option back then).
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: May 10, 2016 12:59 PM   in response to: Free Dorfman in response to: Free Dorfman
this is a peer support forum
its voluntary
shouting at people to help for your particular problem is likely to achieve the opposite affect

in any case, all those warning and hints are preceeded by eg [dcc32 warning]

i.e the dcc3 is the name for the compiler

the message you get after hitting F1 is basicly that there is no further information that already provided in the hint or warning
Free Dorfman

Posted: May 10, 2016 8:38 PM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...
Brian Hamilton Hamilton wrote:
this is a peer support forum its voluntary shouting at people to help for your particular problem is likely to achieve the opposite affect

in any case, all those warning and hints are preceeded by eg [dcc32 warning]

i.e the dcc3 is the name for the compiler

the message you get after hitting F1 is basicly that there is no further information that already provided in the hint or warning

Brian,

I get your point about the screaming. Although, I dare say you're wrong about "no further info". It's a bug. Of one sort or another. And I simply wanted (want) people to chime in as to whether or not they're seeing the same thing.

I am getting ZERO help for ANY compiler error/warning/hint inside the IDE. This hasn't always been the case. And - in terms of the way I'm seeing the No help found for dcc32 message - this is a bug. A RAD Studio IDE Help bug. Period.

This is the behavior of my 10 Seattle Update 1 for months now. NOT forever. But for months. And the behavior of my 10.1 Berlin the entire time it's been installed on another machine. Bug. Bug. Bug!
Raul Sinimae

Posted: May 11, 2016 6:04 AM   in response to: Free Dorfman in response to: Free Dorfman
Free Dorfman wrote:
Could you please let me know: 10 Seattle Update 1 and/or 10.1 Berlin:
Are you able to [F1] in the IDE Messages on a compiler error/warning/hint and get help?
Or are you seeing No help found for dcc32 ?

yes- seeing the no help found.

However, going to actual help and using search tab for the error code (in my case E2065) does bring up the proper error topic.

So yes it's a bug in that F1 should try to search for error code but help topics are available if you search yourself.

Raul
Free Dorfman

Posted: May 11, 2016 9:59 AM   in response to: Raul Sinimae in response to: Raul Sinimae
Raul Sinimae wrote:
However, going to actual help and using search tab for the error code (in my case E2065) does bring up the proper error topic.

So yes it's a bug in that F1 should try to search for error code but help topics are available if you search yourself.

Raul,

Thanks. I've been googling (for example) "Delphi E2250" to get the actual help. Your way is probably even quicker.

My reason for posting this is that it seems like a fairly significant bug made its way from 10 Seattle Update 1 into 10.1 Berlin without being addressed. And I'm curious as to how many people are experiencing the bug. And - to a lesser extent - why it has not been fixed.

But mostly in the hopes that some EMBT response will tell us all how to fix it.

-Free
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: May 11, 2016 1:03 PM   in response to: Free Dorfman in response to: Free Dorfman
My reason for posting this is that it seems like a fairly significant bug made its way from 10 Seattle Update 1 into 10.1 Berlin without being addressed. And I'm curious as to how many people are experiencing the bug. And - to a lesser extent - why it has not been fixed.

Seattle 10 (no updates) behaves the same way, so this behaviour is nothing new
Free Dorfman

Posted: May 11, 2016 1:27 PM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...

Ok. So it's not something specific to my installation/setup. Just a bit of a bug...?
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: May 11, 2016 1:33 PM   in response to: Free Dorfman in response to: Free Dorfman
Free Dorfman wrote:

Ok. So it's not something specific to my installation/setup. Just a bit of a bug...?

I don't really think it deserves the reaction you have been posting here on this thread now does it though?
Free Dorfman

Posted: May 11, 2016 2:30 PM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...
Free Dorfman wrote:

I don't really think it deserves the reaction you have been posting here on this thread now does it though?

I'm sorry this post was so - um - misinterpreted.

I simply wanted to know if this was my problem or a problem.

My thinking being, that if it was just mine, that I might re-install or try to track down a fix.

And - just a bit of an afterthought here - but... isn't this the very best place to go to find out if something is me only or inherent behavior ?

If [shortly] after posting this, 10-ish people had chimed in with "yeah. seeing it here also" that would've been fine and my - uh - tone wouldn't have become more - uh - aggressive. Sorry!
John Kouraklis

Posted: May 11, 2016 1:38 PM   in response to: Free Dorfman in response to: Free Dorfman
Free Dorfman wrote:

Just a minor bug...more of a glitch I would say.

I don't think it is something serious however.
Free Dorfman

Posted: May 11, 2016 2:30 PM   in response to: John Kouraklis in response to: John Kouraklis
Just a minor bug...more of a glitch I would say.

I don't think it is something serious however.

Agreed. And agreed.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02