Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Berlin does not recognice the XE8 installation

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: May 11, 2016 9:25 AM Last Post By: Goran Ekstrom
Goran Ekstrom

Berlin does not recognice the XE8 installation  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 2, 2016 2:26 PM
Hi,
trying to install Berlin on my laptop but it asks for licence information even though XE8 is installed on the same computer. This worked fine when I installed on my desktop. What's wrong?

Regards
Goran
Antonio Estevez

Re: Berlin does not recognice the XE8 installation  
  Posted: May 2, 2016 3:29 PM   in response to: Goran Ekstrom in response to: Goran Ekstrom
El 02/05/2016 a las 23:27, Goran Ekstrom escribió:
Hi,
trying to install Berlin on my laptop but it asks for licence information even though XE8 is installed on the same computer. This worked fine when I installed on my desktop. What's wrong?

Regards
Goran

Execute the LicenseManager utility from the "bin" folder.
Press the "Update" button from the right panel.
Select the XE8 license from the left panel.
Check if "C++Builder 10.1 Berlin" is in the list of products that the license activates.

Goran Ekstrom

Posted: May 3, 2016 12:56 AM   in response to: Goran Ekstrom in response to: Goran Ekstrom
Goran Ekstrom wrote:
Hi,

Regards
Goran

Regarding "Active update subscription", I am under the assumption that anything released and made available to me during the period of "active subscription" will install, even after a subscription is expired, is that the case? I am currently renewing the subscription but Embarcadero takes forever to get me a correct invoice and the subscription ended April 30:th.
Goran Ekstrom

Posted: May 11, 2016 9:25 AM   in response to: Goran Ekstrom in response to: Goran Ekstrom
Goran Ekstrom wrote:
Hi,

Regards
Goran

Berlin installed using my XE8 key.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02