Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: 10.1 Berlin issue with 64-bit developement?

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: May 2, 2016 4:26 PM Last Post By: Chris LeFebvre
Chris LeFebvre

10.1 Berlin issue with 64-bit developement?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 30, 2016 9:19 AM
I have a number of applications that I updated in Delphi 10 Seattle to be 64-bit applications i.e. under Target Platforms both 32-bit and 64-bit options appeared with 64-bit set as the default. The project that I'm trying to test with 10.1 Berlin uses no third party components but when I open the project the 64-bit platform is removed and 32-bit is set as the default and if I try and right click on Target Platforms the "Add Platform" option is greyed out.

Can someone tell me what the problem is?
Fred Schetterer

Re: 10.1 Berlin issue with 64-bit developement?  
  Posted: Apr 30, 2016 12:23 PM   in response to: Chris LeFebvre in response to: Chris LeFebvre
Chris LeFebvre wrote:
I have a number of applications that I updated in Delphi 10 Seattle to be 64-bit applications i.e. under Target Platforms both 32-bit and 64-bit options appeared with 64-bit set as the default. The project that I'm trying to test with 10.1 Berlin uses no third party components but when I open the project the 64-bit platform is removed and 32-bit is set as the default and if I try and right click on Target Platforms the "Add Platform" option is greyed out.

Try this:

Fix for Packages that won't allow adding Win64

Open dproj file in Notepad++
Scroll to bottom
Find <Platforms>
Change to:

<Platforms>
<Platform value="Win32">True</Platform>
<Platform value="Win64">True</Platform>
</Platforms>
Chris LeFebvre

Posted: Apr 30, 2016 1:39 PM   in response to: Fred Schetterer in response to: Fred Schetterer
Hi Fred:

When I open the dproj file for the project I'm testing it looks exactly like your example, both before and after being saved in 10.1 Berlin.
Peter Below

Posted: May 2, 2016 11:05 AM   in response to: Chris LeFebvre in response to: Chris LeFebvre
Chris LeFebvre wrote:

I have a number of applications that I updated in Delphi 10 Seattle
to be 64-bit applications i.e. under Target Platforms both 32-bit and
64-bit options appeared with 64-bit set as the default. The project
that I'm trying to test with 10.1 Berlin uses no third party
components but when I open the project the 64-bit platform is removed
and 32-bit is set as the default and if I try and right click on
Target Platforms the "Add Platform" option is greyed out.

You probably use some components that have not been marked as Win64
compatible, may be even some of your own. I have not looked into this
yet since I program for a Win32 only environment, but you may need to
specify a certain attribute on your component classes to mark it as
Win64 compatible.

--
Peter Below
TeamB
Chris LeFebvre

Posted: May 2, 2016 3:40 PM   in response to: Peter Below in response to: Peter Below
Hi Peter:

This particular project is not complex (which is why I'm using it as a test for converting my 10 Seattle projects to 10.1 Berlin), it's basically two forms and a globals unit for type definitions and global variables declarations. Of the two forms, one is a data modal with assorted FireDAC components TFDConnection, TFDTransactions, TFDPhysFBDriverLink and a number of TFDQuery components. The main form is simple, a TListbox component, a couple of TButtons and a TEdit and two TTimer components. So the main form does not use any third party or exotic components.

As a test in 10.1 Berlin I created a new VCL Forms Application - Delphi with no components or other forms, then I went to Target Platforms (Win32) and right clicked and "Add Platform" was still greyed out and I'm unable to add the 64-bit platform to this simplest of projects. I went to Tools / options and I also noticed that under Environment Options / Delphi Options / Library - Directories the only option under Selected Platforms is 32-bit Windows, if I look at the same option under 10 Seattle I have 3 options under "Selected Platform": 32-bit Windows, 64-Bit Windows and OS X.

I'm not sure why but I remember selecting all three of those platforms from the installer options menu but for some reason I don't believe they've been installed and that's the core of the problem. I'll work on this a little and get back to you.
Chris LeFebvre

Posted: May 2, 2016 4:26 PM   in response to: Peter Below in response to: Peter Below
I believe that I located the problem, for some reason the 64-bit Windows and OS X platforms were not installed during my initial installation. I'm sure that I selected those options so I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled 10.1 and now I have the 64-bit platform option.

Thanks!
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02