Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Definition <> not found in FDConnectionDefs.ini

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: Mar 3, 2016 4:48 PM Last Post By: Colin Kemp
al nickels

Definition <> not found in FDConnectionDefs.ini  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 23, 2015 8:20 AM
I keep getting this error when trying to ork with Firedac in Delphi 10. What should be done to make it go away.
Definition <XXX> is not found in \Rad Studio\FireDAC\FDConnectionDefs.ini
Dmitry Arefiev

Re: Definition <> not found in FDConnectionDefs.ini  
  Posted: Sep 24, 2015 1:16 AM   in response to: al nickels in response to: al nickels
What is your XXX ? Does it exists in FDConnectionDefs.ini ?
If it does not exist, then you should create it using FDExplorer, Data Explorer or by hands.

More about that:
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Seattle/en/Defining_Connection_%28FireDAC%29

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
Tom Bick

Posted: Nov 6, 2015 11:14 AM   in response to: al nickels in response to: al nickels
al nickels wrote:
I keep getting this error when trying to ork with Firedac in Delphi 10. What should be done to make it go away.
Definition <XXX> is not found in \Rad Studio\FireDAC\FDConnectionDefs.ini

I have a similar problem when trying to define a connection in FDExplorer. After entering all the parameters I go Ctrl-A to apply and get the error msg:
Cannot create file "C:\RAD Studio\FireDAC\FDConnectionDefs.ini". The system cannot find the path specified.
It should be looking in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\FireDAC\FDConnectionDefs.ini" but when I click on Connection definitions, over on the right, under Workstation configuration, the entry for Connection definition file is just "\RAD Studio\FireDAC\FDConnectionDefs.ini" and it can't find that off the root of C:. Annoyingly it won't let me edit that entry.
Dmitry Arefiev

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 12:54 AM   in response to: Tom Bick in response to: Tom Bick
Cannot create file "C:\RAD Studio\FireDAC\FDConnectionDefs.ini". The system cannot find the path specified.
It should be looking in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\FireDAC\FDConnectionDefs.ini"

To fix do the following:
* run RegEdit
* go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\FireDAC
* probably FDHOME is equal to "$(PUBLICDOCUMENTSDIR)\RAD Studio\FireDAC"
* replace the value with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\FireDAC"
* restart FDExplorer or any other FireDAC applications

--
With best regards,
Dmitry
Tom Bick

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 2:17 AM   in response to: Dmitry Arefiev in response to: Dmitry Arefiev
Dmitry Arefiev wrote:
It should be looking in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\FireDAC\FDConnectionDefs.ini"

To fix do the following:
* run RegEdit
* replace the value with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\FireDAC"

--
With best regards,
Dmitry

Thanks, that worked!
-- Tom
Colin Kemp

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 4:48 PM   in response to: Tom Bick in response to: Tom Bick
This fix only works for me when I run Rad Studio (Delphi) XE8 and therefore Data Explorer as Administrator.
As a general user I do have full access ("Full Control" in properties) to the C:\Users\...\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\FireDac folder. (Win 8.1).
When running as a non-privileged user I get what appears to be a general error message stating that :

<whatever Entry> does not exist in C:\Users...\FireDac\FDConnectionDefs.ini.

Whereas a quick examination of the file with a text editor shows the <whatever entry> sitting at the end of the file.

regards

SeaCay

Tom Bick wrote:
Dmitry Arefiev wrote:

To fix do the following:
* run RegEdit

--
With best regards,
Dmitry

Thanks, that worked!
-- Tom
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02