Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: VisualC++ DLL and import lib to Embarcadero XE4 C++

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Last Post: Jul 20, 2016 3:20 AM Last Post By: ben pack
Brian Dumas

VisualC++ DLL and import lib to Embarcadero XE4 C++  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 18, 2016 9:50 AM
Hello All,

My company has purchased a library that is in Microsoft 64 bit format. It came with a DLL, an import LIB, and the header file. I need to use it in a 64 bit DLL using XE4 C++. I've researched it an understand that the XE4 64 bit uses ELF format. I dumped the contents of the MS DLL and used it to created a DEF file. However, when I compile, I get an error or errors. I either get unresolved external for all commands, or, 'Archive file 'myimport.lib' list no symbols in dictionary.

Could someone tell me the steps to go through to be able to use this MS DLL and it commands?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Brian
Viktor Hirsch

Re: VisualC++ DLL and import lib to Embarcadero XE4 C++  
  Posted: Feb 19, 2016 1:13 AM   in response to: Brian Dumas in response to: Brian Dumas
Brian Dumas wrote:
Hello All,

My company has purchased a library that is in Microsoft 64 bit format. It came with a DLL, an import LIB, and the header file. I need to use it in a 64 bit DLL using XE4 C++. I've researched it an understand that the XE4 64 bit uses ELF format. I dumped the contents of the MS DLL and used it to created a DEF file. However, when I compile, I get an error or errors. I either get unresolved external for all commands, or, 'Archive file 'myimport.lib' list no symbols in dictionary.

Could someone tell me the steps to go through to be able to use this MS DLL and it commands?

Brian

Hello Brian,
maybe this [link|http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE8/en/MKEXP.EXE,_the_64-bit_Windows_Import_Library_Tool_for_C%2B%2B] helps you to solve the problem
Mike Versteeg

Posted: Feb 19, 2016 2:52 AM   in response to: Viktor Hirsch in response to: Viktor Hirsch
That and you may have to edit the header file a bit. Ignore the lib.
Viktor Hirsch wrote:
Brian Dumas wrote:
Hello All,

Brian

Hello Brian,
maybe this [link|http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE8/en/MKEXP.EXE,_the_64-bit_Windows_Import_Library_Tool_for_C%2B%2B] helps you to solve the problem
Brian Dumas

Posted: Feb 23, 2016 6:17 AM   in response to: Mike Versteeg in response to: Mike Versteeg
Hello Mike,

Thanks, I will keep that in mind.

Brian

Mike Versteeg wrote:
That and you may have to edit the header file a bit. Ignore the lib.
Viktor Hirsch wrote:
Brian Dumas wrote:
Hello All,

Brian

Hello Brian,
Brian Dumas

Posted: Feb 23, 2016 6:18 AM   in response to: Viktor Hirsch in response to: Viktor Hirsch
Hello Viktor,

I will try this today. Thanks.

Brian

Viktor Hirsch wrote:
Brian Dumas wrote:
Hello All,

Brian

Hello Brian,
Brian Dumas

Posted: Feb 24, 2016 8:48 AM   in response to: Brian Dumas in response to: Brian Dumas
Hello Viktor,

Thanks. Your solution worked. I am very greatful.

Brian

Brian Dumas wrote:
Hello Viktor,

Brian

Viktor Hirsch wrote:
Brian Dumas wrote:
Hello All,

Brian

Hello Brian,
ben pack

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 3:20 AM   in response to: Brian Dumas in response to: Brian Dumas
Hello Brian,

I have a similar problem with a 64-bit VS DLL and XE7.
In my case the DLL contains a class.

I failed just using mkexp (ilink64: unresolved external)
And I read that using 64-bit VS DLLs with classes can not be used in XEn.

Did you also have a class in your DLL,
and could please write some words what you have actually changed in your files.

Thanks !!!

Brian Dumas wrote:
Hello Viktor,

Thanks. Your solution worked. I am very greatful.

Brian

Brian Dumas wrote:
Hello Viktor,

Brian

Viktor Hirsch wrote:
Brian Dumas wrote:
Hello All,

Brian

Hello Brian,
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02