Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: [XE7] How to add multiple files and keep folder structure to deployment?

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Jan 26, 2016 3:04 AM Last Post By: John Murray
John Murray

[XE7] How to add multiple files and keep folder structure to deployment?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 8, 2016 6:36 AM
I have an application which I need to include a 'data' folder for reading in input files.
It contains roughly 500 files within about 30 folders.

For the Windows version, I can easily put the folder in the installer that we have but for the Mac OS version, I need to include the folder somehow in the deployment options.
There appears to be only a way to include individual files and even then the remote path loses the structure that was held within the source folder.

Does anyone know how to easily and quickly add all these files? I'd rather not spend an entire day or two going through the same dialog box and adding multiple files then having to fix the remote path in the deployment options.
John Murray

Re: [XE7] How to add multiple files and keep folder structure to deployment?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 26, 2016 3:04 AM   in response to: John Murray in response to: John Murray
John Murray wrote:
I have an application which I need to include a 'data' folder for reading in input files.
It contains roughly 500 files within about 30 folders.

For the Windows version, I can easily put the folder in the installer that we have but for the Mac OS version, I need to include the folder somehow in the deployment options.
There appears to be only a way to include individual files and even then the remote path loses the structure that was held within the source folder.

Does anyone know how to easily and quickly add all these files? I'd rather not spend an entire day or two going through the same dialog box and adding multiple files then having to fix the remote path in the deployment options.

Found out that it is indeed possible to select multiple files to add to deployment but it has to be done a folder at a time (thankfully I only had about 20 folders to add.

The remote path still had to be set in the deployment options but sorting by local path then selecting each set of files from a folder and using the 'Change remote path for selected files' button could do them in one fell swoop.

Not exactly as great as just adding a single folder and the folder structure being preserved upon deployment but it's a solution.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02