Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Disable skinning for dialogs and help window?

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Dec 11, 2015 3:02 AM Last Post By: Mike Versteeg
Mike Versteeg

Disable skinning for dialogs and help window?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 3, 2015 4:03 AM
In C++ Builder 10.1 (and possible 10.0, skipped that one) skinning is added to dialogs and such. I find it looks quite awefull, and sometimes even buggy. Doesn't seem I can add images to this forum, but if you check out the help window (chm) most of the window is not skinned except the box with tabs Contents, Index etc. Quite horrible and totally unacceptable to offer to my clients.

Is there any way I can disable skinning for dialogs and, particularly, the help?

See also https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-13078.
Mike Versteeg

Re: Disable skinning for dialogs and help window?  
  Posted: Dec 9, 2015 12:49 AM   in response to: Mike Versteeg in response to: Mike Versteeg
Embarcadero says they cannot fix this bug (huh?) and suggest some non-compiling code as a workaround. Sigh.

Anyone willing & able to help me out? I cannot offer this to my clients and do not look forward downgrading my copy again...

Mike Versteeg wrote:
In C++ Builder 10.1 (and possible 10.0, skipped that one) skinning is added to dialogs and such. I find it looks quite awefull, and sometimes even buggy. Doesn't seem I can add images to this forum, but if you check out the help window (chm) most of the window is not skinned except the box with tabs Contents, Index etc. Quite horrible and totally unacceptable to offer to my clients.

Is there any way I can disable skinning for dialogs and, particularly, the help?

Mike Versteeg

Re: Disable skinning for dialogs and help window?  
  Posted: Dec 11, 2015 3:02 AM   in response to: Mike Versteeg in response to: Mike Versteeg
No one feels this is an issue or knows a fix?

Mike Versteeg wrote:
Embarcadero says they cannot fix this bug (huh?) and suggest some non-compiling code as a workaround. Sigh.

Anyone willing & able to help me out? I cannot offer this to my clients and do not look forward downgrading my copy again...

Mike Versteeg wrote:

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02