Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Projects OpenPictureDialog Does Not Have Preview Pane

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Nov 18, 2015 1:28 PM Last Post By: sean collins
sean collins

Projects OpenPictureDialog Does Not Have Preview Pane  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 16, 2015 9:13 AM
I have a project that was recently converted from old Borland C++ builder to C++ Builder XE2. This project has an OpenPictureDialog. When the project is run and the OpenPictureDialog executed, there is no preview pane nor a preview pane button on the dialog, in later versions of windows (Vista or later, you actually get the preview pane if running the project in XP).

I can create a brand new project with the OpenPictureDialog and I get the preview pane in all versions of Windows. It seems to be an issue specifically with this converted project. I have searched high and low but have not been able to come up with any answers.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sean
Borja Serrano

Re: Projects OpenPictureDialog Does Not Have Preview Pane  
  Posted: Nov 16, 2015 11:59 AM   in response to: sean collins in response to: sean collins
Could be related to: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/XE2/en/Vcl.Dialogs.UseLatestCommonDialogs

That said, I would create a new project in XE2 and add the source code from the old project to it. It is always a good idea to recreate the project file
sean collins

Re: Projects OpenPictureDialog Does Not Have Preview Pane  
  Posted: Nov 18, 2015 1:28 PM   in response to: Borja Serrano in response to: Borja Serrano
Borja Serrano wrote:
Could be related to: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/XE2/en/Vcl.Dialogs.UseLatestCommonDialogs

That said, I would create a new project in XE2 and add the source code from the old project to it. It is always a good idea to recreate the project file

Thank you for the assistance. UseLatestCommonDialogs is set to true. When converting our system we did create new project files and added the code and components to the new project, albeit the adding of the code and components was not done manually but by a piece of software we wrote. There has been a bug or two with this process that we've had to correct. I'm just having a hard time finding what was missed or set improperly during the conversion.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks again,
Sean
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02