Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: XE10 - Java class com/embarcadero/rtl/ProxyInterface could not be found

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Last Post: Nov 28, 2015 3:01 PM Last Post By: Jhonny Suárez
Bill Guenthner

XE10 - Java class com/embarcadero/rtl/ProxyInterface could not be found  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 29, 2015 3:40 PM
I'm getting the following error when debugging my app on Android after moving it to XE10:

Debugger Exception Notification
Project xxxx.apk raised exception class EJNIFatal with message 'Java class com/embarcadero/rtl/ProxyInterface could not be found'.

No problems debugging the same app from XE7 on same dev machine and tablet. App runs fine on Windows as well so I tried removing all of the code that I have in {$IFDEF ANDROID} blocks to see if that made a difference and it didn't. The app never gets even as far as the first form create. It deploys, loads a black screen and then ab-ends with the above error.

The call stack:

System._DbgExcNotify(0,0xb4983940,0x9cc4d0c1,0xb4983940,0x9cc4d0c1)
System.NotifyReRaise(0xb4983940,0x9cc4d0c1)
System._RaiseAtExcept(0xb4983940,0x9cc4d0c1)
System._RaiseExcept(0xb4983940)
Androidapi.Jnibridge.TJavaLocal.operator cctr
System.InitUnits
System._StartExe(0x9e5a0488,0x9e7858d0,0,nil)
Sysinit._InitExe(0x9e5a0488)
_NativeMain
Androidapi.Appglue.android_app_entry(void*).SystemEntry(void*)(@0x0: {})
Androidapi.Appglue.android_app_entry(0xa8ec86a0)
:B6F6CA1C __pthread_start(void*)
:B6F6AA0C __start_thread
:00000000 ??

Related- Embarcadero employees: Is there some better level of support that I can buy to get help with issues like this instead of posting here and probably never getting an answer? This is my business I can't be chasing this stuff for days on end.
Eli M

Re: XE10 - Java class com/embarcadero/rtl/ProxyInterface could not be found
Helpful
  Posted: Sep 29, 2015 4:46 PM   in response to: Bill Guenthner in response to: Bill Guenthner
Try deleting your AndroidManifest.template.xml file.

If you have the Update Subscription you get 3 support incidents a year where you can submit a problem to Embarcadero and they will attempt to solve it for you.
Bill Guenthner

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 11:10 AM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Eli M wrote:

That eliminates the error message on the next debug session but the app still just displays a black screen and the debugger never connects. The compile dialog sticks never changes the button from Cancel to OK and when I cancel I get a port-in-use error. On the next attempt the jni error is back.
Steven Wiberg

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 11:24 AM   in response to: Bill Guenthner in response to: Bill Guenthner
Bill Guenthner wrote:
Eli M wrote:

That eliminates the error message on the next debug session but the app still just displays a black screen and the debugger never connects. The compile dialog sticks never changes the button from Cancel to OK and when I cancel I get a port-in-use error. On the next attempt the jni error is back.

I was getting this in Debug mode, try and set the debug port to a different port

go to Project -> Options -> Debugger and in the Parameters field put the following -debugport=56789 (can be any port, I used 56789 in my case) and it worked for me
Tom Suhler

Posted: Oct 25, 2015 1:13 PM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Eli M wrote:

If you have the Update Subscription you get 3 support incidents a year where you can submit a problem to Embarcadero and they will attempt to solve it for you.

I have the exact same problem. I've deleted the AndroidManifest.template.xml file and still receive the same error.

Any other suggestions?

Edited by: Tom Suhler on Oct 25, 2015 1:14 PM
Bill Guenthner

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 1:59 PM   in response to: Bill Guenthner in response to: Bill Guenthner
Bill Guenthner wrote:
I'm getting the following error when debugging my app on Android after moving it to XE10:

Debugger Exception Notification
Project xxxx.apk raised exception class EJNIFatal with message 'Java class com/embarcadero/rtl/ProxyInterface could not be found'.

No problems debugging the same app from XE7 on same dev machine and tablet. App runs fine on Windows as well so I tried removing all of the code that I have in {$IFDEF ANDROID} blocks to see if that made a difference and it didn't. The app never gets even as far as the first form create. It deploys, loads a black screen and then ab-ends with the above error.

The call stack:

System._DbgExcNotify(0,0xb4983940,0x9cc4d0c1,0xb4983940,0x9cc4d0c1)
System.NotifyReRaise(0xb4983940,0x9cc4d0c1)
System._RaiseAtExcept(0xb4983940,0x9cc4d0c1)
System._RaiseExcept(0xb4983940)
Androidapi.Jnibridge.TJavaLocal.operator cctr
System.InitUnits
System._StartExe(0x9e5a0488,0x9e7858d0,0,nil)
Sysinit._InitExe(0x9e5a0488)
_NativeMain
Androidapi.Appglue.android_app_entry(void*).SystemEntry(void*)(@0x0: {})
Androidapi.Appglue.android_app_entry(0xa8ec86a0)
:B6F6CA1C __pthread_start(void*)
:B6F6AA0C __start_thread
:00000000 ??

Related- Embarcadero employees: Is there some better level of support that I can buy to get help with issues like this instead of posting here and probably never getting an answer? This is my business I can't be chasing this stuff for days on end.

I was able to get around this by creating a new project in XE10 and re-adding all my forms, units, resources, etc.

Tom Suhler

Posted: Oct 31, 2015 8:41 AM   in response to: Bill Guenthner in response to: Bill Guenthner
Bill Guenthner wrote:

I was able to get around this by creating a new project in XE10 and re-adding all my forms, units, resources, etc.

That worked. It's only the third time I've had to rebuild this project to get something to work. Lot's of lost hours.

I have fond memories of the first decade I worked with Delphi. A new version came out & all you had to do was open your old project and start working.

Well at least the the cost has kept pace with the complexity of using their product.
Erik Smit

Posted: Nov 5, 2015 1:10 AM   in response to: Bill Guenthner in response to: Bill Guenthner
I had the same problem after importing a XE6 project to XE10.

This post helped: https://community.embarcadero.com/forum/programming/1574-delphi-xe8-and-seattle-android-app-didn-t-start

But in my case I had 2 classes.dex files in the Deployment, 1 pointed to XE6 which I removed/unchecked and all is working again.

(There were also some other files pointing to XE6 which I removed/unchecked ).
Jhonny Suárez

Posted: Nov 28, 2015 3:01 PM   in response to: Erik Smit in response to: Erik Smit
Erik Smit wrote:
I had the same problem after importing a XE6 project to XE10.

This post helped: https://community.embarcadero.com/forum/programming/1574-delphi-xe8-and-seattle-android-app-didn-t-start

But in my case I had 2 classes.dex files in the Deployment, 1 pointed to XE6 which I removed/unchecked and all is working again.

(There were also some other files pointing to XE6 which I removed/unchecked ).

This is the right answer, thank so much

--
Jhonny Suárez
http://purodelphi.com

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02