Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Drawing on a canvas

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Oct 10, 2015 4:11 PM Last Post By: Gilbert Padilla
Derek Seymour

Drawing on a canvas
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 29, 2015 8:26 PM
Hi, I'm kinda new to firemonkey, and want to run this by more experienced programmers.

I'm currently developing a program which draws lines connecting shapes on a form. I'm using TPathData to draw lines.

I've been looking at old delphi code which does similar things and it uses clipping to limit the canvas whilst it draws the lines. Is this an issue if you draw with TPathData? Does it matter at all?

thanks

Derek
Derek Seymour

Re: Drawing on a canvas
  Posted: Oct 9, 2015 10:04 PM   in response to: Derek Seymour in response to: Derek Seymour
Derek Seymour wrote:
Hi, I'm kinda new to firemonkey, and want to run this by more experienced programmers.

I'm currently developing a program which draws lines connecting shapes on a form. I'm using TPathData to draw lines.

I've been looking at old delphi code which does similar things and it uses clipping to limit the canvas whilst it draws the lines. Is this an issue if you draw with TPathData? Does it matter at all?

thanks

Derek

If anyone is interested, I have come up with a make-shift solution using a custom control. It works pretty well. Pm me if you require some code.
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Oct 10, 2015 2:04 PM   in response to: Derek Seymour in response to: Derek Seymour
one thing with Firemonkey is to make sure to use Beginscene and Endscene
Gilbert Padilla

Posted: Oct 10, 2015 4:11 PM   in response to: Derek Seymour in response to: Derek Seymour
If anyone is interested, I have come up with a make-shift solution using a
custom control. It works pretty well. Pm me if you require some code.

if you like, upload it to the Attachment group
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02