Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Paintbox Invalid Pointer Operation / Access Violation vcl200.bpl

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Sep 6, 2015 4:16 AM Last Post By: Nicholas Gessler
Nicholas Gessler

Paintbox Invalid Pointer Operation / Access Violation vcl200.bpl  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 30, 2015 4:13 AM
Beginning last Thursday I began to get this message while teaching at Duke Kunshan University (in China). On most occasions the application would close but on occasion the problem would go away. Now I am getting this message 5 times out of 6 while using my office machine. I have sent in six error reports but have not yet heard back. The problem occurs when building a simple application from scratch: Any time I would try to stretch the size of a PaintBox or change its dimensions in the object inspector the application would show the error message in the subject line and would have to be closed with the Windows Task Manager. Rebooting Embarcadero, rebooting the system or rebuilding the application from the 6 minimal files doesn't seem to help.

I have never seen this problem before and would appreciate any hints as to how to diagnose the problem and find a solution.

I will try some more experiments...

Could this possibly be a VPN or AntiVirus issue?

Thanks, Nick

Edited by: Nicholas Gessler on Aug 30, 2015 6:00 PM
Nicholas Gessler

Re: Paintbox Invalid Pointer Operation / Access Violation vcl200.bpl  
  Posted: Sep 4, 2015 9:00 PM   in response to: Nicholas Gessler in response to: Nicholas Gessler
The error occurs with or without VPN, with or without RTL, and only with the PaintBox.
Should I should reinstall XE6?
Someone must know more about this problem than I do...
Help!
Nick
Nicholas Gessler

Re: Paintbox Invalid Pointer Operation / Access Violation vcl200.bpl  
  Posted: Sep 6, 2015 4:16 AM   in response to: Nicholas Gessler in response to: Nicholas Gessler
Furthermore, the error seems to increase in frequency as Embarcadero is used to create applications. My SurfacePro 2 installation is now virtually useless since the PaintBox will always fire such errors. My Lenovo desktop that I lecture from has now encountered this error twice in two weeks.

What would make Embarcadero become more error prone with each usage? Someone out there mush have some ideas. A free coffee to anyone who can help.

Thanks, Nick
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02