Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?



Permlink Replies: 41 - Last Post: Nov 10, 2015 7:54 PM Last Post By: Jason Nelson
Bruce McGee

Posts: 1,716
Registered: 9/30/99
Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 4, 2015 2:24 PM
Delphi Haters' Blog (the Harold Camping of the Delphi world) seems to
have closed its doors.

http://delphihaters.blogspot.ca/

As for Delphi itself... Still very much not dead.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software
Alexandre Machado

Posts: 1,754
Registered: 8/10/13
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 4, 2015 3:03 PM   in response to: Bruce McGee in response to: Bruce McGee
Bruce McGee wrote:
Delphi Haters' Blog (the Harold Camping of the Delphi world) seems to
have closed its doors.

I know some "widows" out there that are crying right now...
Abdullah Kauchali

Posts: 28
Registered: 6/30/00
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 7, 2015 12:59 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Alexandre Machado wrote:
Bruce McGee wrote:
Delphi Haters' Blog (the Harold Camping of the Delphi world) seems to
have closed its doors.

I know some "widows" out there that are crying right now...

LOL!

Man I needed that laugh today, thanks!
Gilbert Padilla

Posts: 315
Registered: 3/8/04
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 7, 2015 6:40 AM   in response to: Bruce McGee in response to: Bruce McGee
So Delphi won't keep up with the Kardashians?
Bruce McGee

Posts: 1,716
Registered: 9/30/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 7, 2015 8:48 AM   in response to: Gilbert Padilla in response to: Gilbert Padilla
Gilbert Padilla wrote:

So Delphi won't keep up with the Kardashians?

I don't know what you're getting at.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software
Gilbert Padilla

Posts: 315
Registered: 3/8/04
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 8, 2015 9:57 AM   in response to: Bruce McGee in response to: Bruce McGee
Bruce McGee wrote:

I don't know what you're getting at.

An Analogy of celebrities people have a Love-Hate relationship with.
Bruce McGee

Posts: 1,716
Registered: 9/30/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 8, 2015 11:41 AM   in response to: Gilbert Padilla in response to: Gilbert Padilla
Gilbert Padilla wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:

I don't know what you're getting at.

An Analogy of celebrities people have a Love-Hate relationship with.

Yeah, it still doesn't make sense.

If you're going that route, a better analogy might be some gossip rag
going under whose whole business model has been making stuff up about
George Clooney, yet he's still making movies.

Just sayin...

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software
Dalija Prasnikar

Posts: 2,325
Registered: 11/9/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 7, 2015 2:39 PM   in response to: Bruce McGee in response to: Bruce McGee
Bruce McGee wrote:
Delphi Haters' Blog (the Harold Camping of the Delphi world) seems to
have closed its doors.

http://delphihaters.blogspot.ca/

Who cares... not me...

As for Delphi itself... Still very much not dead.

http://www.isdelphidead.com/

--
Dalija Prasnikar
Bruce McGee

Posts: 1,716
Registered: 9/30/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 8, 2015 11:12 AM   in response to: Dalija Prasnikar in response to: Dalija Prasnikar
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:
Delphi Haters' Blog (the Harold Camping of the Delphi world) seems
to have closed its doors.

http://delphihaters.blogspot.ca/

Who cares... not me...

The irony of Delphi outliving the soap box of some self proclaimed
"Delphi Hater" is just too rich to ignore.

Still makes me chuckle...

As for Delphi itself... Still very much not dead.

http://www.isdelphidead.com/

That's what I've been telling people. I just use more words.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software
Charles Dupont

Posts: 34
Registered: 8/8/14
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 10, 2015 8:24 AM   in response to: Bruce McGee in response to: Bruce McGee
Personally, I don't think it's a good sign the blog shut down. It was occasionally entertaining and even provided some useful information now and then. Not many would bother creating such a site unless they had at least a love/hate relationship with the product -- ie, there was some passion. As they say, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy.

Edited by: Charles Dupont on Aug 10, 2015 8:24 AM
Dominique Willems

Posts: 591
Registered: 10/26/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more? [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 10, 2015 12:03 PM   in response to: Charles Dupont in response to: Charles Dupont
Charles Dupont wrote:
As they say, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's
apathy.

+1

It certainly was entertaining and sometimes even informative. On both
accounts more so than the usual astroturfers in here.
Michael Thuma

Posts: 104
Registered: 1/30/00
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more? [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 10, 2015 1:03 PM   in response to: Dominique Willems in response to: Dominique Willems
Somehow in the beginning. Once you get to know the story of the 'hater' (the speaker) and why he was 'pissed' ... assuming the story told was correct. They had good reason ...

But about 3 or almost 4 years ago he started to fool the Delphi developers and the focus moved away from constructive criticism. I never understood why he/they praised Borland and put all the blame on EMB. They seemed to project a vision of their expectations and ... compared to Delphi or C++ Builder.

If people want they stay honest they should stay away from software business in general or at least stop looking behind the scenes. Lies written down with chalk at the Boulevard of broken dreams in a pouring rain. That's IT business.

Dominique Willems wrote:
Charles Dupont wrote:
As they say, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's
apathy.

+1

It certainly was entertaining and sometimes even informative. On both
accounts more so than the usual astroturfers in here.

--
Delphi Programming is fun. Hilarious.
Dominique Willems

Posts: 591
Registered: 10/26/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more? [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 10, 2015 2:21 PM   in response to: Michael Thuma in response to: Michael Thuma
Michael Thuma wrote:
Lies
written down with chalk at the Boulevard of broken dreams in a
pouring rain. That's IT business.

LOL! Excellent, Michael.
John Treder

Posts: 349
Registered: 8/2/02
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more? [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 10, 2015 7:06 PM   in response to: Michael Thuma in response to: Michael Thuma
Michael Thuma wrote:

[People should] stop looking behind the scenes.

"Don't look behind the green curtain, Dorothy!"
--
don't Tred on me
Michael Thuma

Posts: 104
Registered: 1/30/00
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more? [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 13, 2015 1:06 PM   in response to: John Treder in response to: John Treder
Jo mei.

John Treder wrote:
"Don't look behind the green curtain, Dorothy!"

--
Delphi Programming is fun. Hilarious.
Alexandre Machado

Posts: 1,754
Registered: 8/10/13
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more? [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 10, 2015 9:56 PM   in response to: Michael Thuma in response to: Michael Thuma
Michael Thuma wrote:
Somehow in the beginning. Once you get to know the story of the 'hater' (the speaker) and why he was 'pissed'

I don't know this story....

But about 3 or almost 4 years ago he started to fool the Delphi developers and the focus moved away from constructive criticism.

Tons of lies and FUD. That's all.
Michael Thuma

Posts: 104
Registered: 1/30/00
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more? [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 11, 2015 1:23 PM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
I don't tell the story...

From a technical perspective I think they were aiming at building infrastructure that should provide something we know as KAFKA ... but built with Delphi combined with Intraweb. Delphi was presented to 'the' hater as the Jack of all trades. Then you can very quickly come to the conclusion that maybe Delphi ships both the performant code of the MS C compiler combined with convenience .net does offer.

It was the truth from their perspective. The reality is that scary. But making Delphi the product responsible for the behavior of the people was scary too.

The blog lasted too long. Simply because what could have been will never come and anything else is here anyway (in general).

Alexandre Machado wrote:
Michael Thuma wrote:
Somehow in the beginning. Once you get to know the story of the 'hater' (the speaker) and why he was 'pissed'

I don't know this story....

But about 3 or almost 4 years ago he started to fool the Delphi developers and the focus moved away from constructive criticism.

Tons of lies and FUD. That's all.

--
Delphi Programming is fun. Hilarious.
Dejan Stanic

Posts: 11
Registered: 5/4/03
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more? [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 17, 2015 2:17 PM   in response to: Dominique Willems in response to: Dominique Willems
Dominique Willems wrote:
Charles Dupont wrote:
As they say, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's
apathy.

+1

It certainly was entertaining and sometimes even informative. On both
accounts more so than the usual astroturfers in here.

+1.
Bruce McGee

Posts: 1,716
Registered: 9/30/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more? [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 10, 2015 1:56 PM   in response to: Charles Dupont in response to: Charles Dupont
Charles Dupont wrote:

Personally, I don't think it's a good sign the blog shut down. It was
occasionally entertaining and even provided some useful information
now and then. Not many would bother creating such a site unless they
had at least a love/hate relationship with the product -- ie, there
was some passion. As they say, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's
apathy.

Edited by: Charles Dupont on Aug 10, 2015 8:24 AM

Whatever their reasoning, this was far from some kind of reasonable
alternate view. It was more along the lines of active misinformation.

Useless...

People who really want to express their opinions have much better
options.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software
Charles Dupont

Posts: 34
Registered: 8/8/14
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more? [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 11, 2015 10:13 AM   in response to: Bruce McGee in response to: Bruce McGee
Bruce McGee wrote:
Charles Dupont wrote:

Personally, I don't think it's a good sign the blog shut down. It was
occasionally entertaining and even provided some useful information
now and then. Not many would bother creating such a site unless they
had at least a love/hate relationship with the product -- ie, there
was some passion. As they say, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's
apathy.

Edited by: Charles Dupont on Aug 10, 2015 8:24 AM

Whatever their reasoning, this was far from some kind of reasonable
alternate view. It was more along the lines of active misinformation.

Useless...

Disagree. Some examples...

Going from memory here but there was an architectural issue with, I think, SOAP, and he had a link to a reasonable analysis of the problem.

I learned about DelphiFeeds on the DHB. That he referred to it in a disparaging way makes no difference to me.

It was something to look at when this site is offline :/
Bruce McGee

Posts: 1,716
Registered: 9/30/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more? [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 11, 2015 1:54 PM   in response to: Charles Dupont in response to: Charles Dupont
Charles Dupont wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:
Charles Dupont wrote:

Personally, I don't think it's a good sign the blog shut down. It
was occasionally entertaining and even provided some useful
information now and then. Not many would bother creating such a
site unless they had at least a love/hate relationship with the
product -- ie, there was some passion. As they say, the opposite
of love isn't hate, it's apathy.

Edited by: Charles Dupont on Aug 10, 2015 8:24 AM

Whatever their reasoning, this was far from some kind of reasonable
alternate view. It was more along the lines of active
misinformation.

Useless...

Disagree. Some examples...

Going from memory here but there was an architectural issue with, I
think, SOAP, and he had a link to a reasonable analysis of the
problem.

I learned about DelphiFeeds on the DHB. That he referred to it in a
disparaging way makes no difference to me.

Mixed with a lot of fud and downright malicious misinformation.

It was something to look at when this site is offline :/

That's a lot of time to fill.

Here are some other suggestions. Hurry, before the forums go down again.

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=673404&tstart=0#673404

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software
Dalija Prasnikar

Posts: 2,325
Registered: 11/9/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 11, 2015 11:26 AM   in response to: Bruce McGee in response to: Bruce McGee
Bruce McGee wrote:
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:
Delphi Haters' Blog (the Harold Camping of the Delphi world) seems
to have closed its doors.

http://delphihaters.blogspot.ca/

Who cares... not me...

The irony of Delphi outliving the soap box of some self proclaimed
"Delphi Hater" is just too rich to ignore.

You know what real irony is? That you were watching soap boxes and
had to share its demise ;-)

I would never notice that this blog has vanished because I never followed it
(I might have read some articles shared through some links here and there,
maybe even had few laughs, can't remember...)

And even if I did find out I would never have the need to spread that information around.

The fact that you are enjoying that fact so much tells great deal about you, too.

Me? Still don't care either way.... Actually, I don't even care about this whole thread
but obviously I have nothing better to do now....

--
Dalija Prasnikar
Bruce McGee

Posts: 1,716
Registered: 9/30/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 11, 2015 1:52 PM   in response to: Dalija Prasnikar in response to: Dalija Prasnikar
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:
Delphi Haters' Blog (the Harold Camping of the Delphi world)
seems to have closed its doors.

http://delphihaters.blogspot.ca/

Who cares... not me...

The irony of Delphi outliving the soap box of some self proclaimed
"Delphi Hater" is just too rich to ignore.

You know what real irony is? That you were watching soap boxes and
had to share its demise ;-)

Not so much.

Someone else pointed it out to me.

The fact that you are enjoying that fact so much tells great deal
about you, too.

That Delphi trolls are a pet peeve of mine?

I'd be surprised if anyone doesn't know this already.

Me? Still don't care either way.... Actually, I don't even care about
this whole thread but obviously I have nothing better to do now....

And yet you are replying...

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software
Dalija Prasnikar

Posts: 2,325
Registered: 11/9/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 12, 2015 12:33 AM   in response to: Bruce McGee in response to: Bruce McGee
Bruce McGee wrote:

Someone else pointed it out to me.


Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...

--
Dalija Prasnikar
Rudy Velthuis (...


Posts: 7,731
Registered: 9/22/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 12, 2015 12:49 AM   in response to: Dalija Prasnikar in response to: Dalija Prasnikar
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:

Someone else pointed it out to me.


Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...

I just moved it, for now. Problems with the ISP (1&1) for rvelthuis.de.

Try http://praxis-velthuis.de/rdc/

--
Rudy Velthuis http://www.rvelthuis.de

May's Law: The quality of correlation is inverely proportional to
the density of control. (The fewer the data points, the smoother
the curves.)
Dalija Prasnikar

Posts: 2,325
Registered: 11/9/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 12, 2015 12:51 AM   in response to: Rudy Velthuis (... in response to: Rudy Velthuis (...
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:

Someone else pointed it out to me.


Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...

I just moved it, for now. Problems with the ISP (1&1) for rvelthuis.de.

Try http://praxis-velthuis.de/rdc/

Thanks.

--
Dalija Prasnikar
Markus Humm

Posts: 5,113
Registered: 11/9/03
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 12, 2015 9:52 AM   in response to: Rudy Velthuis (... in response to: Rudy Velthuis (...
Am 12.08.2015 um 09:49 schrieb Rudy Velthuis (TeamB):
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:

Someone else pointed it out to me.


Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...

I just moved it, for now. Problems with the ISP (1&1) for rvelthuis.de.

Try http://praxis-velthuis.de/rdc/

Good to know. Thanks.

Greetings

Markus
Van Swofford

Posts: 397
Registered: 6/28/03
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 12, 2015 12:31 PM   in response to: Rudy Velthuis (... in response to: Rudy Velthuis (...
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

I just moved it, for now. Problems with the ISP (1&1) for
rvelthuis.de.

Hi Rudy,

I use the same host. Was it a problem with your specific setup, or
something in general about their service that I might want to be on the
lookout for? Thanks!

--
Cheers,
Van

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad
judgment." - Will Rogers
Rudy Velthuis (...


Posts: 7,731
Registered: 9/22/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 18, 2015 2:57 AM   in response to: Van Swofford in response to: Van Swofford
Van Swofford wrote:

Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

I just moved it, for now. Problems with the ISP (1&1) for
rvelthuis.de.

Hi Rudy,

I use the same host. Was it a problem with your specific setup, or
something in general about their service that I might want to be on
the lookout for? Thanks!

I had to use another ISP when we moved (because that was the only way
to get telephone and Internet in a reasonable time), so I had to cancel
1&1. I still have problems obtaining the authinfo to re-use my domain.
I even intend to use 1&1 as host again, but only for the website, not
as Internet- or telephony provider.
--
Rudy Velthuis http://www.rvelthuis.de

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
-- John Morley
Bruce McGee

Posts: 1,716
Registered: 9/30/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 12, 2015 2:10 PM   in response to: Dalija Prasnikar in response to: Dalija Prasnikar
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:

Someone else pointed it out to me.


Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...

As Rudy points out, no it isn't.

What point were you trying to make, here?

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software
Dalija Prasnikar

Posts: 2,325
Registered: 11/9/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 13, 2015 12:07 PM   in response to: Bruce McGee in response to: Bruce McGee
Bruce McGee wrote:
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:

Someone else pointed it out to me.


Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...

As Rudy points out, no it isn't.

My mistake. But it is no longer in the same place...

What point were you trying to make, here?

Never mind, it would take me far too long to explain, and I am not sure
if message would get through... I just overreacted to your "irony" remark...

--
Dalija Prasnikar
Bruce McGee

Posts: 1,716
Registered: 9/30/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 13, 2015 12:22 PM   in response to: Dalija Prasnikar in response to: Dalija Prasnikar
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:

Someone else pointed it out to me.


Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...

As Rudy points out, no it isn't.

My mistake. But it is no longer in the same place...

What point were you trying to make, here?

Never mind, it would take me far too long to explain, and I am not
sure if message would get through...

If it made any kind of equivalence between Rudy and DHB, then you're
probably right; I wouldn't accept the premise.

I just overreacted to your
"irony" remark...

I appreciate you saying so.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software
Dalija Prasnikar

Posts: 2,325
Registered: 11/9/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 13, 2015 12:50 PM   in response to: Bruce McGee in response to: Bruce McGee
Bruce McGee wrote:
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:

Someone else pointed it out to me.


Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...

As Rudy points out, no it isn't.

My mistake. But it is no longer in the same place...

What point were you trying to make, here?

Never mind, it would take me far too long to explain, and I am not
sure if message would get through...

If it made any kind of equivalence between Rudy and DHB, then you're
probably right; I wouldn't accept the premise.

Quite the opposite, those two sites are totally different...

But your comment just proves that explaining my point would most likely
go into completely wrong direction... It would go somewhere along the lines
that blogs come and go (or get moved). I never intended to make any
other comparison between Rudy's blog and DHB, it would be like comparing
apples and stones.

--
Dalija Prasnikar
Bruce McGee

Posts: 1,716
Registered: 9/30/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 13, 2015 12:59 PM   in response to: Dalija Prasnikar in response to: Dalija Prasnikar
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:

Someone else pointed it out to me.


Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...

As Rudy points out, no it isn't.

My mistake. But it is no longer in the same place...

What point were you trying to make, here?

Never mind, it would take me far too long to explain, and I am not
sure if message would get through...

If it made any kind of equivalence between Rudy and DHB, then you're
probably right; I wouldn't accept the premise.

Quite the opposite, those two sites are totally different...

But your comment just proves that explaining my point would most
likely go into completely wrong direction... It would go somewhere
along the lines that blogs come and go (or get moved). I never
intended to make any other comparison between Rudy's blog and DHB, it
would be like comparing apples and stones.

Fair enough.

I am still doing a small dance of joy over the demise of DHB.

Anyone who wants a real discussion can look at some of the other
options I posted.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software
Alexandre Machado

Posts: 1,754
Registered: 8/10/13
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 17, 2015 7:06 PM   in response to: Dalija Prasnikar in response to: Dalija Prasnikar
Quite the opposite, those two sites are totally different...

But your comment just proves that explaining my point would most likely
go into completely wrong direction... It would go somewhere along the lines
that blogs come and go (or get moved). I never intended to make any
other comparison between Rudy's blog and DHB, it would be like comparing
apples and stones.

--
Dalija Prasnikar

You are right, but that was not a blog. The man (or woman) behind that was just in his personal war against Delphi (and the company/people behind it) as well as against other Delphi related products (like IntraWeb and people behind it).
The interesting part, though, is that the hater guy never let any comment proving that he was wrong go though (or any comment that I wrote there challenging him to prove some really stupid lie that he wrote).
Once, in the university, I used to write programs in C, Fortran, Basic. Some of these languages, I really, really hate. However, if I create a blog just to tell bad things about one of those languages, I really think I should have some head tomography...
So, the fact that a well known lunatic ceased his activities is indeed interesting. Maybe someone put him in a straitjacket.
Rudy Velthuis (...


Posts: 7,731
Registered: 9/22/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 13, 2015 11:11 PM   in response to: Dalija Prasnikar in response to: Dalija Prasnikar
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Bruce McGee wrote:

Someone else pointed it out to me.


Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...

As Rudy points out, no it isn't.

My mistake. But it is no longer in the same place...

But it will be, soon, I hope.

--
Rudy Velthuis http://www.rvelthuis.de

"Laurel and Hardy, that's John and Yoko. And we stand a better
chance under that guise because all the serious people like
Martin Luther King, Jr. and Kennedy and Gandhi got shot."
-- John Lennon
Rudy Velthuis (...


Posts: 7,731
Registered: 9/22/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 18, 2015 2:54 AM   in response to: Dalija Prasnikar in response to: Dalija Prasnikar
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

The fact that you are enjoying that fact so much tells great deal
about you, too.

Yes, it tells us that he doesn't like misinformation and that he thinks
it is good that a genuine source of misinformation, always telling that
Delphi is dying, actually died itself while Delphi is still doing
splendidly.

--
Rudy Velthuis http://www.rvelthuis.de

"Basically, I no longer work for anything but the sensation I
have while working."
-- Albert Giacometti (sculptor)
Bruce McGee

Posts: 1,716
Registered: 9/30/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 18, 2015 1:37 PM   in response to: Rudy Velthuis (... in response to: Rudy Velthuis (...
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

The fact that you are enjoying that fact so much tells great deal
about you, too.

Yes, it tells us that he doesn't like misinformation and that he
thinks it is good that a genuine source of misinformation, always
telling that Delphi is dying, actually died itself while Delphi is
still doing splendidly.

Plus there was a lot of chuckling.

Anyone who thinks I should feel bad about something called the Delphi
Haters' Blog going belly up is out of their ever loving mind.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software
Jason Nelson

Posts: 2
Registered: 9/5/10
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 10, 2015 2:35 PM   in response to: Bruce McGee in response to: Bruce McGee
Bruce McGee wrote:
Delphi Haters' Blog (the Harold Camping of the Delphi world) seems to
have closed its doors.

http://delphihaters.blogspot.ca/

As for Delphi itself... Still very much not dead.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software

That's too bad. I always liked to read that blog when I was feeling ripped off by Emb/Codegear/etc. -- Like when I pay $1000 for a release that adds about 12 lines into the VCL, 6 of which have bugs in them (remember that "Vista Glass" feature?)...

... Or when they can't be bothered to invest 4 hours into giving me an ansistring equivalent for iOS (which I ended up writing myself using records and operator overloading)...

... or when they decide to hack all the android pen messages together as "touch" messages, when changes to 4-lines of code would actually make pen distinguisable from touch, requiring me to used hacked, tweaked versions of the FMX libraries (despite the fact that android devices have habitually had pens for over 2 years now)...

... Or when they can't be bothered to actually make multi-touch components that work on a microsoft surface... requiring me to rewrite the component code for TButton... yes ... I'm making custom TBUTTON components now!?!?

... or when they break TList... yes... TList.... requring me to have to override the VCL's standard generics.collections unit.... also TMemo... they broke that one too... and TstringList...

...oh and the fact that I have to use ARC on Android/iOS but it doesn't apply on windows, a big friggen nightmare... oh and 0 vs 1 based strings....

... oh and when they release an iOS 64-bit compiler AFTER apple's deadline where they decide to reject all apps written for 32-bit exclusively.

... and when they release a 64-bit windows compiler that has basically ZERO optimizations in it and doesn't even do a basic job eliminating dead code and unused variables.

The Delphi Haters' Blog, in all its angry broken, misspelled english was cathartic to read. RIP

Edited by: Jason Nelson on Nov 10, 2015 2:36 PM

Edited by: Jason Nelson on Nov 10, 2015 2:38 PM

Dominique Willems

Posts: 591
Registered: 10/26/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more? [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 10, 2015 4:07 PM   in response to: Jason Nelson in response to: Jason Nelson
Jason Nelson wrote:
The Delphi Haters' Blog, in all its angry broken, misspelled english
was cathartic to read. RIP

Absolutely.
Bruce McGee

Posts: 1,716
Registered: 9/30/99
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more? [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 10, 2015 5:05 PM   in response to: Jason Nelson in response to: Jason Nelson
Jason Nelson wrote:

The Delphi Haters' Blog, in all its angry broken, misspelled english
was cathartic to read. RIP

And endless misinformation.

I won't miss it.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software
Jason Nelson

Posts: 2
Registered: 9/5/10
Re: Delphi Haters Blog is no more? [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 10, 2015 7:54 PM   in response to: Bruce McGee in response to: Bruce McGee
Bruce McGee wrote:
Jason Nelson wrote:

The Delphi Haters' Blog, in all its angry broken, misspelled english
was cathartic to read. RIP

And endless misinformation.

I won't miss it.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software

I suppose I always regarded it as exaggerated sarcasm fueled by brazen cynicism. Misinformation or Metaphors? I suppose you can always go back to the wayback machine for literary analysis: https://web.archive.org/web/20150104120812/http://delphihaters.blogspot.com/
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02