Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Future of HTML5Builder

Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Feb 23, 2016 2:18 AM Last Post By: Angelica Zampieri
Angelica Zampieri

Future of HTML5Builder
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 21, 2015 9:21 AM
Does anyone know if and when html5builder will be updated with new versions of PHP (5.5) , Ajax and Cordova > 3.1?
Now works with php 5.3 ajax 0.5 jquery 1.9 cordova 1.8 in H5B XE5 I know.
Erick Engelke

Re: Future of HTML5Builder
  Posted: Sep 11, 2015 7:36 PM   in response to: Angelica Zampieri in response to: Angelica Zampieri
Angelica Zampieri wrote:
Does anyone know if and when html5builder will be updated with new versions of PHP (5.5) , Ajax and Cordova > 3.1?
Now works with php 5.3 ajax 0.5 jquery 1.9 cordova 1.8 in H5B XE5 I know.

I don't know the answer, and I have no inside knowledge.

I imagine the priority is Delphi/C++Builder for another few months. (Apple's 64 bit short term requirement a few months ago put a fire under the Delphi team, then there was Windows 10. According to the roadmap, Linux support is the next big one.) HTML5 Builder works relatively well, it could survive a short term hold.

There are a few bugs that need fixing. I listed a few with workaround in my HTML5 Builder book which will be released next week. I'm hoping that will increase interest in HTML5 Builder.

Erick

--
Erick Engelke
http://www.erickengelke.com

Angelica Zampieri

Posted: Oct 14, 2015 11:45 PM   in response to: Erick Engelke in response to: Erick Engelke
Ok thank's.
Erick Engelke

Posted: Oct 15, 2015 4:27 PM   in response to: Angelica Zampieri in response to: Angelica Zampieri
Angelica Zampieri wrote:
Ok thank's.

I'd update my position to say HTML5 Builder is excellent if you have a primarily PHP project which will need no or some JavaScript. Even if your plan is to take this PHP/JavaScript system and make it into a mobile app, the HTML5 Builder is excellent. You can say I wrote one of the two books on it, so yes I do believe in it.

If you were solely looking to create an app that runs totally in the browser, that doesn't involve PHP on the server, or will run on a smartphone without PHP on a server, I would not go the HTML5 Builder route. I would look to Smart Mobile Studio (SMS). For about $175 per year, you write your browser app in Object Pascal (like Delphi), and it compiles into fast JavaScript. Object Pascal is a superior language, whereas debugging a big JavaScript program is a pain in the browser.

I wrote a cool SMS program in about a day, and will probably sell it on the App stores. It's fast, it's elastic, generally good stuff.

The support for SMS is somewhat comparable HTML5 Builder. There is a forum, but the only book on it is outdated (3 years and several versions old). The releases have been sluggish to come out, but then it mostly does what it is supposed to.

I hope that info helps you.

Erick
--
Erick Engelke
HTML5 Builder Book (on Amazon)
http://www.erickengelke.com
Angelica Zampieri

Posted: Feb 23, 2016 2:18 AM   in response to: Erick Engelke in response to: Erick Engelke
H5B is for me interesting browser side and php but I also certain that will work well on mobile still with Cordova limits.
Ever hybrid App will be better than the native app.
But the fact that H5B is not upgradeable to the new version of PHP or JQuery limits him.
For now it would be enough that all of the bugs were fixed to withstand a few more years and then maintain existing projects.
I am a little 'disappointed by Embarcadero in respect of H5B considered that to update it is necessary to spend a lot of money what that small developers can not afford. Embarcadero put your hand on your conscience.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02