Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Problems running iOS simulator

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Jun 19, 2015 2:46 PM Last Post By: Pete Goodwin
Pete Goodwin

Problems running iOS simulator  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 19, 2015 10:21 AM
I'm either mistaken, but I'm sure this worked with theArchitect XE8 trial.

I created an XE8 iOS application and it ran on my Mac Mini in the simulator.

Now that I've bought XE8 Professional with the Mobile Add on, I get a UUID error. Am I missing something or should I be able to run the iOS simulator. Note I don't have a Mac developer or iOS developer account.
Sarina DuPont

Re: Problems running iOS simulator  
  Posted: Jun 19, 2015 11:28 AM   in response to: Pete Goodwin in response to: Pete Goodwin
Pete Goodwin wrote:

Now that I've bought XE8 Professional with the Mobile Add on, I get a UUID error. Am I missing something or should I be able to run the iOS simulator. Note I don't have a Mac developer or iOS developer account.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi Pete,

We released an iOS 8 Simulator Hotfix for XE8 a while ago: http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30221

You can also download and install the XE8 General Update 1 which includes this fix (if you are not on update subscription) or the XE8 Subscription Update 1 which includes this fix (if you have an active update subscription).

http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/2015-june-rad-studio-xe8-update1.html

Regards,
Sarina

--
Product Manager, RAD Studio
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.

Pete Goodwin

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 12:12 PM   in response to: Sarina DuPont in response to: Sarina DuPont
I'm still seeing this error after upgrade 1:

[Window Title]
Error

[Content]
Unable to launch process on 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' using the parameters from the 'xxxxxx' profile.

The following error was returned: '*Please specify exact device preset UUID*.'

[OK]

Sarina DuPont wrote:
Pete Goodwin wrote:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi Pete,

We released an iOS 8 Simulator Hotfix for XE8 a while ago: http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30221

You can also download and install the XE8 General Update 1 which includes this fix (if you are not on update subscription) or the XE8 Subscription Update 1 which includes this fix (if you have an active update subscription).

http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/2015-june-rad-studio-xe8-update1.html

Regards,
Sarina

--
Product Manager, RAD Studio
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.

brent shelton

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 1:10 PM   in response to: Pete Goodwin in response to: Pete Goodwin
Pete Goodwin wrote:

[Window Title]
Error

[Content]
Unable to launch process on 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' using the parameters from the 'xxxxxx' profile.

Do you have paserver running on the Mac? Also, make sure you have the correct profile selected in the target platform. Right-click the target and choose Edit Connection and make sure it connects. If everything is working it should show a big list of possible iOS devices for simulator. I used to get that error when I took my system to a different network and had the wrong connection profile selected.

Brent
Pete Goodwin

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 2:46 PM   in response to: brent shelton in response to: brent shelton
Ahah!

Edit SDK... | Update Local cache sorted it for me.

I'd just applied Update 1. Guess the files were stale on the Mac.

Pete

brent shelton wrote:
Pete Goodwin wrote:

[Window Title]
Error

[Content]

Do you have paserver running on the Mac? Also, make sure you have the correct profile selected in the target platform. Right-click the target and choose Edit Connection and make sure it connects. If everything is working it should show a big list of possible iOS devices for simulator. I used to get that error when I took my system to a different network and had the wrong connection profile selected.

Brent
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02