Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: NNTP issues?


This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.


Permlink Replies: 6 - Last Post: Mar 24, 2015 1:45 PM Last Post By: Markus Humm
Markus Humm

Posts: 5,113
Registered: 11/9/03
NNTP issues?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 21, 2015 8:56 AM
Hello,

while I can currently access forums via webbrowser access via NNTP (Thunderbird) fails and TB claims that the certificate has been revoked.
Anybody else seen this? If I look at the HTTPS certificate (don't know if NNTPS uses a different one and where to see it's properties) it is
valid from 17th March 2015 until somewhere in 2018.

Anybody any clue?

Greetings

Markus
Linden ROTH

Posts: 467
Registered: 11/3/11
Re: NNTP issues?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 21, 2015 3:17 PM   in response to: Markus Humm in response to: Markus Humm
Markus Humm wrote:
Hello,

while I can currently access forums via webbrowser access via NNTP (Thunderbird) fails and TB claims that the certificate has been revoked.
Anybody else seen this? If I look at the HTTPS certificate (don't know if NNTPS uses a different one and where to see it's properties) it is
valid from 17th March 2015 until somewhere in 2018.

Anybody any clue?

Greetings

Markus

This is an on going issue with lots of posts https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=113497&tstart=0
... and discussion ...

--
Linden
"Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source"
david hoke

Posts: 616
Registered: 2/9/07
Re: NNTP issues?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 23, 2015 8:40 AM   in response to: Markus Humm in response to: Markus Humm
<Markus Humm> wrote in message news:718304 at forums dot embarcadero dot com...
Hello,

while I can currently access forums via webbrowser access via NNTP
(Thunderbird) fails and TB claims that the certificate has been revoked.
Anybody else seen this? If I look at the HTTPS certificate (don't know if
NNTPS uses a different one and where to see it's properties) it is
valid from 17th March 2015 until somewhere in 2018.

Anybody any clue?

I also got the bad/expired certificate error (using outlook express), and
found I had apparently registered for the groups via 'codegear.com' rather
than 'embarcadero.com'. (Maybe at the time I tried, it didn't work with
embarcadero.com?)

I changed that to 'embarcadero.com', but I think (I've kind of lost track
with the various ups/downs) that it didn't make any difference at that point
in time in being able to connect, but I at least didn't get that particular
(certificate expired) error...
Markus Humm

Posts: 5,113
Registered: 11/9/03
Re: NNTP issues?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 23, 2015 1:41 PM   in response to: david hoke in response to: david hoke
Hello,

I can currently post via Web, but NNTP still seems to fail and yes, I'm aware of the other thread,
but that's not NNTP specific. And I checked the address Thunderbird points to. It's the correct
embarcadero.com server.

Any other suggestions?

Greetings

Markus

david hoke wrote:
<Markus Humm> wrote in message news:718304 at forums dot embarcadero dot com...
Hello,

while I can currently access forums via webbrowser access via NNTP
(Thunderbird) fails and TB claims that the certificate has been revoked.
Anybody else seen this? If I look at the HTTPS certificate (don't know if
NNTPS uses a different one and where to see it's properties) it is
valid from 17th March 2015 until somewhere in 2018.

Anybody any clue?

I also got the bad/expired certificate error (using outlook express), and
found I had apparently registered for the groups via 'codegear.com' rather
than 'embarcadero.com'. (Maybe at the time I tried, it didn't work with
embarcadero.com?)

I changed that to 'embarcadero.com', but I think (I've kind of lost track
with the various ups/downs) that it didn't make any difference at that point
in time in being able to connect, but I at least didn't get that particular
(certificate expired) error...
Jeff Overcash (...

Posts: 1,529
Registered: 9/23/99
Re: NNTP issues?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 23, 2015 1:59 PM   in response to: Markus Humm in response to: Markus Humm
Markus Humm wrote:
Hello,

I can currently post via Web, but NNTP still seems to fail and yes, I'm aware of the other thread,
but that's not NNTP specific. And I checked the address Thunderbird points to. It's the correct
embarcadero.com server.

Any other suggestions?

Greetings

Markus

I'm not having issues with Thunderbird, but still using a very old version
(still prefer 2.0 to later versions).

You might just need to add a security exception

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-security-exception

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted corridors of Whitehall.
(Fish)

Remy Lebeau (Te...


Posts: 9,447
Registered: 12/23/01
Re: NNTP issues?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 23, 2015 2:03 PM   in response to: Markus Humm in response to: Markus Humm
Markus wrote:

I can currently post via Web, but NNTP still seems to fail and yes,
I'm aware of the other thread, but that's not NNTP specific. And I
checked the address Thunderbird points to. It's the correct
embarcadero.com server.

I access this server via NNTP (almost) exclusively, and have never had any
troubles with certificate errors.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Markus Humm

Posts: 5,113
Registered: 11/9/03
Re: NNTP issues?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 24, 2015 1:45 PM   in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te... in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te...
Am 23.03.2015 um 22:03 schrieb Remy Lebeau (TeamB):
Markus wrote:

I can currently post via Web, but NNTP still seems to fail and yes,
I'm aware of the other thread, but that's not NNTP specific. And I
checked the address Thunderbird points to. It's the correct
embarcadero.com server.

I access this server via NNTP (almost) exclusively, and have never had any
troubles with certificate errors.

Hello,

guess what? This evening it worked again without me changing anything! ;-)

Greetings

Markus
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02