Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Version information on Delphi application

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Apr 10, 2015 10:23 AM Last Post By: Remy Lebeau (Te...
Mikael Lenfors

Version information on Delphi application  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 20, 2015 5:05 AM
Hello!

I created a new Delphi project and went directly to "Project / options / Version Info" and select Target "All configurations - All Platforms" and enter some version info, Company name, LegalCopyright...
The I compiled my new empty project and checked the version info of the exe file. There is no version or other information!
Then I selected "All configurations - 32 bit Windows platforms" and entered the same information. Still no information in the created exe!
Then I selected "Debug configuration - 32 bit Windows platforms" and entered the same information. Now the information is included in the exe!

Is this a bug? I want to enter my version information in one place and have it included in all compilations whatever platform or build type the target is!

Best regards, Mikael
Linden ROTH

Re: Version information on Delphi application  
  Posted: Mar 20, 2015 12:06 PM   in response to: Mikael Lenfors in response to: Mikael Lenfors
Mikael Lenfors wrote:
Hello!

I created a new Delphi project and went directly to "Project / options / Version Info" and select Target "All configurations - All Platforms" and enter some version info, Company name, LegalCopyright...
The I compiled my new empty project and checked the version info of the exe file. There is no version or other information!
Then I selected "All configurations - 32 bit Windows platforms" and entered the same information. Still no information in the created exe!
Then I selected "Debug configuration - 32 bit Windows platforms" and entered the same information. Now the information is included in the exe!

Is this a bug? I want to enter my version information in one place and have it included in all compilations whatever platform or build type the target is!

Best regards, Mikael

Ummm which version of DELPHI

--
Linden
"Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source"
Mikael Lenfors

Posted: Mar 25, 2015 2:01 AM   in response to: Linden ROTH in response to: Linden ROTH
I'm on version XE7!

Mikael
Mikael Lenfors

Posted: Apr 10, 2015 1:08 AM   in response to: Mikael Lenfors in response to: Mikael Lenfors
Ok, I thing I found the reason of the problem.

If you by mistake enter any fields under e.g. "Target: Debug Configuration - 32 Bit Windows Platform" of course the values from "All configurations - All Platforms" are superseded. But even if I clear all fields under "Target: Debug Configuration - 32 Bit Windows Platform" it will not start inheriting its values from "All configurations - All Platforms".

So, my questions are:

1. If I just want to enter version info in one place that should be applied whatever target I'm compiling to, where should I enter it?

2. How do I reset a project to a state where I don't have to manage version info on all different targets.

Best regards, Mikael
Remy Lebeau (Te...

Posted: Apr 10, 2015 10:23 AM   in response to: Mikael Lenfors in response to: Mikael Lenfors
Mikael wrote:

1. If I just want to enter version info in one place that should be
applied whatever target I'm compiling to, where should I enter it?

In "All Configurations", as expected. The problem is that you created a
platform-specific version resource. Even though you cleared its fields,
the resource itself still exists and takes priority.

2. How do I reset a project to a state where I don't have to manage
version info on all different targets.

You would have to manually edit the .dproj file to remove any platform-specific
version entries.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02