Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: XE7\IW14.0.0.37 - Async events working on some computers, not on others?

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Last Post: Feb 19, 2015 6:42 AM Last Post By: Alexandre Machado
Peter Gore

XE7\IW14.0.0.37 - Async events working on some computers, not on others?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 6, 2015 7:12 AM
Hope someone can help me resolve this issue. I am trying to migrate a XE5 IW service app to XE7 (IW14) but am having issues with non-responsive controls. It looks like async events like OnAsyncClick() does not work from some of our back office pc's, but works on the rest. These are all standardized systems and should be exactly the same. Are there any settings in Internet Explorer (7) that would have an effect on OnAsyncClick() not working? Another issue is that when I attempt to set an TIWRegion.Visible := False, the page does not update and the region remains visible.

I have exported & compared settings in the Registry of two devices where one works and one doesn't, but can't find any differences other than a few ActiveX settings which I believe would not have an impact on the issue I'm having:

regedit.exe /E c:\IE-CU.reg "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer"
regedit.exe /E c:\IE-LM.reg "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer"
Alexandre Machado

Re: XE7\IW14.0.0.37 - Async events working on some computers, not on others?  
  Posted: Feb 9, 2015 6:26 AM   in response to: Peter Gore in response to: Peter Gore
Peter Gore wrote:
Hope someone can help me resolve this issue. I am trying to migrate a XE5 IW service app to XE7 (IW14) but am having issues with non-responsive controls. It looks like async events like OnAsyncClick() does not work from some of our back office pc's, but works on the rest. These are all standardized systems and should be exactly the same. Are there any settings in Internet Explorer (7) that would have an effect on OnAsyncClick() not working?

Which browser (along with the exact version number) are you using on those machines?
Peter Gore

Posted: Feb 10, 2015 1:52 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Which browser (along with the exact version number) are you using on those machines?

We use Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13 on the back office computers.

I have tried to match the Internet Settings (in particular those settings that affects Active Scripting) on a system where the IW service doesn't work (in regards to OnAsync events) to one where the service works, but the result is the same.
Alexandre Machado

Posted: Feb 10, 2015 2:46 AM   in response to: Peter Gore in response to: Peter Gore
Hi Peter,

Hum... officially IntraWeb supports Internet Explorer 8+, but everything works just fine in IE 7 as well.
IE 7 is almost 10 years old now. Any reason why you are using such an old an vulnerable browser?

I have tried to match the Internet Settings (in particular those settings that affects Active Scripting) on a system where the IW service doesn't work (in regards to OnAsync events) to one where the service works, but the result is the same.

Are you able to turn on the developer tools panel (pressing F12) on one of those machines where the application does not work correctly? Maybe you can find some error message in console window?
Peter Gore

Posted: Feb 13, 2015 2:30 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Hi Alexandre, thanks for the reply.

Alexandre Machado wrote:
Hi Peter,

Hum... officially IntraWeb supports Internet Explorer 8+, but everything works just fine in IE 7 as well.
IE 7 is almost 10 years old now. Any reason why you are using such an old an vulnerable browser?

We are a retail company with over 4000 computers deployed across the country, and each computer runs a version of Windows XP which has been customized for back office and point of sale (POS) requirements. The OS is provided by a vendor, so we are limited as to what software we can upgrade, and all the computers connects to our HO via a dedicated switch and are isolated from the internet. We have been accessing Intraweb services from these computers for 7 years without any problems, it is only with Delphi XE7 and IW 14 that we suddenly encountered this problem.

Are you able to turn on the developer tools panel (pressing F12) on one of those machines where the application does not work correctly? Maybe you can find some error message in console window?

Unfortunately not, however, I was able to identify the following issue as reported on the taskbar in IE7:

On the 10% of computers where the Intraweb service does not work, there is an error report ("Object expected") that identifies the line containing a call to InitRects():

function Initialize() {
GActivateLock = false;
InitRects(1004, 610); <-------------------------------
InitIWCLObjects();
AttachBeforeUnload();
history.go(1);
setEnabled("IMGREGIONREPLACECARDGREEN", false);
etc.

I Googled the problem and the first link refers to exactly the same problem I have:

http://www.codenewsfast.com/cnf/article/0/permalink.art-ng887q33018

Update: We have discovered that if we run Internet Explorer as the administrator, the Intraweb apps work.

Edited by: Peter Gore on Feb 13, 2015 6:03 AM

Edited by: Peter Gore on Feb 18, 2015 1:54 AM
Alexandre Machado

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 5:01 AM   in response to: Peter Gore in response to: Peter Gore
We are a retail company with over 4000 computers deployed across the country, and each computer runs a version of Windows XP which has been customized for back office and point of sale (POS) requirements. The OS is provided by a vendor, so we are limited as to what software we can upgrade, and all the computers connects to our HO via a dedicated switch and are isolated from the internet. We have been accessing Intraweb services from these computers for 7 years without any problems, it is only with Delphi XE7 and IW 14 that we suddenly encountered this problem.

I understand.

Unfortunately not, however, I was able to identify the following issue as reported on the taskbar in IE7:

On the 10% of computers where the Intraweb service does not work, there is an error report ("Object expected") that identifies the line containing a call to InitRects():

function Initialize() {
GActivateLock = false;
InitRects(1004, 610); <-------------------------------
InitIWCLObjects();
AttachBeforeUnload();
history.go(1);
setEnabled("IMGREGIONREPLACECARDGREEN", false);
etc.

I Googled the problem and the first link refers to exactly the same problem I have:

http://www.codenewsfast.com/cnf/article/0/permalink.art-ng887q33018

Update: We have discovered that if we run Internet Explorer as the administrator, the Intraweb apps work.

I see. Give me a couple of days, and I'll try a test case application in different XP test machines and see what I get. I should have an answer soon, OK?

Best regards
Alexandre Machado

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 6:42 AM   in response to: Peter Gore in response to: Peter Gore
Hi Peter,

can you please drop me an email (alexandre at atozed dot com)?

There is something that I'd like to test, but I need to send you a new resource file...
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02