Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: TVersionInfo

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Feb 6, 2015 5:19 AM Last Post By: John MacDonald
John MacDonald

TVersionInfo  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 1, 2015 11:26 AM
Hello users of TVersionInfo,

I wanted to put the file version number on my main page. Most people would do this in the "about page".
I just wanted to have a quick way to identify my versions of code.

I think I have it figured out and it is working. The issue is that if the software starts and restarts then it get caught on the start of a thread. It does not do it every time.

I have a simple page with a VersionInfo component on it. As long as it stays on the page the software will lock up within 10 restarts.

Any help is much appreciated.

I almost forgot. I'm using the enterprise version of ER Studio. C++ XE6 to be more exact.

--
JMAC out

Edited by: John MacDonald on Feb 1, 2015 2:41 PM
John MacDonald

Re: TVersionInfo  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 6, 2015 5:19 AM   in response to: John MacDonald in response to: John MacDonald
My thought is that this is crashing because I am checking the version of the same file I am running.
It turns out that the compiler does not increment the build automatically any way.

I just don't need the version that bad....

Thanks

JMAC out

John MacDonald wrote:
Hello users of TVersionInfo,

I wanted to put the file version number on my main page. Most people would do this in the "about page".
I just wanted to have a quick way to identify my versions of code.

I think I have it figured out and it is working. The issue is that if the software starts and restarts then it get caught on the start of a thread. It does not do it every time.

I have a simple page with a VersionInfo component on it. As long as it stays on the page the software will lock up within 10 restarts.

Any help is much appreciated.

I almost forgot. I'm using the enterprise version of ER Studio. C++ XE6 to be more exact.

--
JMAC out

Edited by: John MacDonald on Feb 1, 2015 2:41 PM

--
JMAC out
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02