Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: undocumented methods for mobile client app

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Sep 11, 2015 8:03 PM Last Post By: Erick Engelke
Angelica Zampieri

undocumented methods for mobile client app  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 8, 2015 7:26 AM
In the demo MFileBrowser I see a function called mdDirectoryRemoveRecursively but could not find any documentation about it. I suspect that many methods are not documented.
For example, how do I add a checkbox using javascript to MCheckBoxGroup using javascript or jquery that is?
I tried append, appendTo, add but none of these worked tying it to its object type jquery $ ('# mycheckboxgroup').
Erick Engelke

Re: undocumented methods for mobile client app  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 11, 2015 8:01 PM   in response to: Angelica Zampieri in response to: Angelica Zampieri
Angelica Zampieri wrote:
In the demo MFileBrowser I see a function called mdDirectoryRemoveRecursively but could not find any documentation about it. I suspect that many methods are not documented.
For example, how do I add a checkbox using javascript to MCheckBoxGroup using javascript or jquery that is?
I tried append, appendTo, add but none of these worked tying it to its object type jquery $ ('# mycheckboxgroup').

In my book I explain how to add controls and give examples including a dynamic calendar like Outlook Web Access. I don't show a checkbox, but I do show labels, panels, and edits. The checkbox is like an edit in that it returns input in the post, I think it's not a huge leap. It works in both mobile and regular HTML5. There were about 6 tricks, I don't remember them all offhand, but recall that if you fail any of them you will not get a working control.

I'd recommend not using undocumented calls. Check out the plugins available at build.phonegap.com. I don't have anything to do with them, I'm just a happy subscriber. They have some controls for scaling subdirectories in documented mode.

Erick

--
Erick Engelke
HTML5 Builder Book
http://www.erickengelke.com

Edited by: N/A Programmer on Sep 11, 2015 8:02 PM

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02