Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: XE7 & ISAPI dll error: No mapping for the Unicode char exists

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: Dec 11, 2014 5:26 AM Last Post By: Alexandre Machado
Peter Gore

XE7 & ISAPI dll error: No mapping for the Unicode char exists  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 29, 2014 9:16 AM
Browsing to an XE7 Intraweb 14.0.33 ISAPI dll with an encoded parameter, for example: ?0001=%8E, causes this error:

"Internal Application Error - No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page"

Has anyone else encountered this error? (I have already applied the UTF8ContentParser fix)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Update #1: Upgraded to IW 14.0.34, error remains.

Update #2: The same project compiled in XE5 & IW15 works.

Edited by: Peter Gore on Oct 29, 2014 9:36 AM

Edited by: Peter Gore on Oct 30, 2014 8:51 AM
Dave Reynolds

Re: XE7 & ISAPI dll error: No mapping for the Unicode char exists  
  Posted: Dec 9, 2014 12:03 AM   in response to: Peter Gore in response to: Peter Gore
Hi,

Did you ever resolve this I've spent 3 day's on it now it's driving me crazy,

Any advise would be appreciated,

Thanks.
Dave.

Peter Gore wrote:
Browsing to an XE7 Intraweb 14.0.33 ISAPI dll with an encoded parameter, for example: ?0001=%8E, causes this error:

"Internal Application Error - No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page"

Has anyone else encountered this error? (I have already applied the UTF8ContentParser fix)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Update #1: Upgraded to IW 14.0.34, error remains.

Update #2: The same project compiled in XE5 & IW15 works.

Edited by: Peter Gore on Oct 29, 2014 9:36 AM

Edited by: Peter Gore on Oct 30, 2014 8:51 AM
Alexandre Machado

Posted: Dec 10, 2014 1:46 AM   in response to: Dave Reynolds in response to: Dave Reynolds
Dave Reynolds wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.
Dave.

There is a severe bug in XE7 ISAPI applications (not IW code, but Delphi Built-in classes). http://www.atozed.com/IntraWeb/Blog/20141010.en.aspx

Have you tried latest IW 14.0.35? http://atozed.com/IntraWeb/Blog/20141127.EN.aspx
Dave Reynolds

Posted: Dec 10, 2014 11:28 PM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Thanks for the reply,

This is becoming a bit of a nightmare for me, I have to release my app in the next week and don't ever feel I'm going to solve this after a rather large investment in new technology.

I have tried IW 14.0.35 and the fault is fixed (although I had already checked the UTF8ContentParser and it was correct. With 14.0.35 the problem goes away but it breaks all the TMS intraweb components I use, so I either stick at 14.0.34 and the ISAPI is broken or 14.0.35 and desperately try to find what the issues are.

I was hoping for something more solid!, if I could just find what the fault in 14.0.34 it would be happy day's all round :(

Thanks for your reply.

Alexandre Machado wrote:
Dave Reynolds wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.
Dave.

There is a severe bug in XE7 ISAPI applications (not IW code, but Delphi Built-in classes). http://www.atozed.com/IntraWeb/Blog/20141010.en.aspx

Have you tried latest IW 14.0.35? http://atozed.com/IntraWeb/Blog/20141127.EN.aspx
Alexandre Machado

Posted: Dec 11, 2014 2:23 AM   in response to: Dave Reynolds in response to: Dave Reynolds
Dave Reynolds wrote:
Thanks for the reply,

This is becoming a bit of a nightmare for me, I have to release my app in the next week and don't ever feel I'm going to solve this after a rather large investment in new technology.

I have tried IW 14.0.35 and the fault is fixed (although I had already checked the UTF8ContentParser and it was correct. With 14.0.35 the problem goes away but it breaks all the TMS intraweb components I use, so I either stick at 14.0.34 and the ISAPI is broken or 14.0.35 and desperately try to find what the issues are.

I was hoping for something more solid!, if I could just find what the fault in 14.0.34 it would be happy day's all round :(

Thanks for your reply.

Keep calm! We will get you through this, I'm sure. :-)

Can you please write me at alexandre [at] atozed dot com and try to describe what problems do you have with TMS controls? Maybe sending me screen shots showing the issues?
Alexandre Machado

Posted: Dec 11, 2014 5:26 AM   in response to: Dave Reynolds in response to: Dave Reynolds
Just had an idea here. Do you have any other Delphi version? For instance, XE6? I'm sure that your ISAPI app will work perfectly fine with IW 14.0.34 and XE6. XE7 really broke everything ISAPI related....
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02