Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: TADOConnecton from multiple threads (IntraWeb?)

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Oct 20, 2014 8:38 AM Last Post By: Dan Barclay
Dan Barclay

TADOConnecton from multiple threads (IntraWeb?)  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 17, 2014 11:52 PM
I'm trying to determine if I can use a single TADOConnection from an IntraWeb application, with TADODatasets in different user sessions.

Basically that means that, having a single TADOConnection, it would have datasets in different threads using the connection at the same time.

So... is that situation thread safe, or will I be required to use a TADOConnection in each usersession (thread).

I didn't intend to crosspost the question, but after posting in the Intraweb section it occurred to me that it may be a more generic database question. This thread over there:

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=109434&tstart=0

Thanks,
Dan
Dan Barclay

Re: TADOConnecton from multiple threads (IntraWeb?)  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 20, 2014 8:38 AM   in response to: Dan Barclay in response to: Dan Barclay
Dan Barclay wrote:
I'm trying to determine if I can use a single TADOConnection from an IntraWeb application, with TADODatasets in different user sessions.

Basically that means that, having a single TADOConnection, it would have datasets in different threads using the connection at the same time.

So... is that situation thread safe, or will I be required to use a TADOConnection in each usersession (thread).

I didn't intend to crosspost the question, but after posting in the Intraweb section it occurred to me that it may be a more generic database question. This thread over there:

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=109434&tstart=0

For info, I did get an answer over on the IW forum (see link above).

The answer is: No, TADOConnection is not thread safe. More link references in the other thread.

Dan
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02