Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: TIWEdit.Text not readable from ISAPI dll, but SA works?

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Oct 16, 2014 8:26 AM Last Post By: Alexandre Machado
Peter Gore

TIWEdit.Text not readable from ISAPI dll, but SA works?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 8, 2014 8:09 AM
A Delphi XE5 web service that has been in use for a few months without any issue was recently migrated to XE7 and converted to an ISAPI dll project.

The initial form allows the user to enter an EAN13 number, and I use OnAsyncKeyUp to validate the number after each keypress. However, for some reason I am unable to access the entered text in the TIWEdit.Text property when running as an ISAPI dll, the same app compiled to a SA project works perfectly.

One thing I noticed is that I can read the design-time text, but any text that I then type in after the form is shown is discarded. (I log each keypress to a log file)

This is for Intraweb 14.0.33 using Delphi XE7.

I would appreciate it if anyone can help me solve this issue, as I am completely stumped at this point.

Edited by: Peter Gore on Oct 8, 2014 8:10 AM
Alexandre Machado

Re: TIWEdit.Text not readable from ISAPI dll, but SA works?
Correct
  Posted: Oct 16, 2014 5:20 AM   in response to: Peter Gore in response to: Peter Gore
Peter Gore wrote:
A Delphi XE5 web service that has been in use for a few months without any issue was recently migrated to XE7 and converted to an ISAPI dll project.

The initial form allows the user to enter an EAN13 number, and I use OnAsyncKeyUp to validate the number after each keypress. However, for some reason I am unable to access the entered text in the TIWEdit.Text property when running as an ISAPI dll, the same app compiled to a SA project works perfectly.

One thing I noticed is that I can read the design-time text, but any text that I then type in after the form is shown is discarded. (I log each keypress to a log file)

This is for Intraweb 14.0.33 using Delphi XE7.

I would appreciate it if anyone can help me solve this issue, as I am completely stumped at this point.

HI Peter,

I'm sure you are being affected by this Delphi bug: http://atozed.com/IntraWeb/Blog/20141010.EN.aspx

We should release a fix for it really soon!
Peter Gore

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 5:25 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado

HI Peter,

I'm sure you are being affected by this Delphi bug: http://atozed.com/IntraWeb/Blog/20141010.EN.aspx

Hi Alexandre,

You are correct, this was the problem. I actually found your post yesterday and followed your advice, and our project is now working. :)

Thanks!
Alexandre Machado

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 8:26 AM   in response to: Peter Gore in response to: Peter Gore
Peter Gore wrote:

HI Peter,

Hi Alexandre,

You are correct, this was the problem. I actually found your post yesterday and followed your advice, and our project is now working. :)

Thanks!

Great! :-)
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02