Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Error whilst trying to compile to Xcode 6 beta (6A2151)

Permlink Replies: 14 - Last Post: Oct 23, 2014 1:32 AM Last Post By: Nikolay Meleshkin
Stev Warby

Error whilst trying to compile to Xcode 6 beta (6A2151)
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 25, 2014 8:50 AM
I am on mac Yosemtie & fusion 7.

have a simple app that uses myDac mysql component and shows a populated grid.
It runs fine on Windows , Mac , Android device but on IOS device (ios8) I get the
following error.

[PAClient Error] Error: E0264 Unable to execute '"/usr/bin/codesign" --en "/Users/MacHome/PAServer/scratch-dir/stevew-MainMac/BMWClient.app/Entitlements.plist" --deep -s "iPhone Developer" -f "/Users/MacHome/PAServer/scratch-dir/stevew-MainMac/BMWClient.app"' (Error 1)
[PAClient Error] Error: E0264 iPhone Developer: ambiguous (matches "iPhone Developer: Steve Warburton (436LRN54SE)" and "iPhone Developer: Steve Warburton (436LRN54SE)" in /Users/MacHome/Library/Keychains/login.keychain)

I have no idea where to start.

Cheers

Mr Warby

Edited by: Stev Warby on Sep 25, 2014 8:51 AM

Edited by: Stev Warby on Sep 25, 2014 11:26 AM

Rudy Velthuis (...

Re: Error whilst trying to compile to Xcode 6 beta (6A2151) [Edit]
  Posted: Sep 25, 2014 9:18 AM   in response to: Stev Warby in response to: Stev Warby
Stev Warby wrote:

I am mac yosemtie & fusion 7.

I am an Apple Watch. Ain't I pretty?

--
Rudy Velthuis http://www.rvelthuis.de

"People only see what they are prepared to see."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Brian Hamilton ...

Re: Error whilst trying to compile to Xcode 6 beta (6A2151)
  Posted: Sep 25, 2014 12:24 PM   in response to: Stev Warby in response to: Stev Warby
try setting the certificate name to just
436LRN54SE
in the provisoning setup (top line)

(despite what the help says)

I and others have had this same problem

after I fixed that error I am now batting with an error with application loader (missing code signing entitlements)
Stev Warby

Posted: Sep 26, 2014 3:17 PM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...
Brian Hamilton wrote:
try setting the certificate name to just
436LRN54SE
in the provisoning setup (top line)

(despite what the help says)

I and others have had this same problem

after I fixed that error I am now batting with an error with application loader (missing code signing entitlements)

I am now getting:

[DCC Error] E2597 ld: cannot link directly with C:\Users\stevew\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS8.0.sdk/usr/lib/system/libdispatch.dylib. Link against the umbrella framework 'System.framework' instead. for architecture armv7

Cheers

Mr Warby

Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Sep 26, 2014 6:34 PM   in response to: Stev Warby in response to: Stev Warby
maybe try via the Options,SDK, update local file cache?
Stev Warby

Posted: Sep 26, 2014 6:47 PM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...
Brian Hamilton wrote:

I now get:

[PAClient Error] Error: E0264 Unable to execute '"/usr/bin/codesign" --en "/Users/MacHome/PAServer/scratch-dir/stevew-MainMac/MasterDetailApplication.app/Entitlements.plist" --deep -s "436LRN54SE" -f "/Users/MacHome/PAServer/scratch-dir/stevew-MainMac/MasterDetailApplication.app"' (Error 1)
[PAClient Error] Error: E0264 436LRN54SE: ambiguous (matches "iPhone Developer: Steve Warburton (436LRN54SE)" and "iPhone Developer: Steve Warburton (436LRN54SE)" in /Users/MacHome/Library/Keychains/login.keychain)
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Sep 26, 2014 8:20 PM   in response to: Stev Warby in response to: Stev Warby
Stev Warby wrote:
Brian Hamilton wrote:

I now get:

[PAClient Error] Error: E0264 Unable to execute '"/usr/bin/codesign" --en "/Users/MacHome/PAServer/scratch-dir/stevew-MainMac/MasterDetailApplication.app/Entitlements.plist" --deep -s "436LRN54SE" -f "/Users/MacHome/PAServer/scratch-dir/stevew-MainMac/MasterDetailApplication.app"' (Error 1)
[PAClient Error] Error: E0264 436LRN54SE: ambiguous (matches "iPhone Developer: Steve Warburton (436LRN54SE)" and "iPhone Developer: Steve Warburton (436LRN54SE)" in /Users/MacHome/Library/Keychains/login.keychain)

try setting the Certificate to use in the provisoning profile as just 436LRN54SE (for developer...for distributor you will need to use your distributor code)
James Nachbar

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 8:54 PM   in response to: Stev Warby in response to: Stev Warby
[PAClient Error] Error: E0264 iPhone Developer: ambiguous (matches "iPhone Developer: Steve Warburton (436LRN54SE)" and "iPhone Developer: Steve Warburton (436LRN54SE)" in /Users/MacHome/Library/Keychains/login.keychain)

I had the same thing happen when I had an old (and therefore expired) certificate from XCode. I renewed, so XCode created a new certificate, with the same name but a new expiration date.

The solution was to use the Mac's Keychain Access (in Applications, under Utilities) and under Certificates, delete the old, expired certificate. Just remember that that might be the only place where your private key is stored, so you might consider backing up or exporting the expired certificate and key before deleting them from Keychain Access
Stev Warby

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 1:59 PM   in response to: James Nachbar in response to: James Nachbar
James Nachbar wrote:

I had the same thing happen when I had an old (and therefore expired) certificate from XCode. I renewed, so XCode created a new certificate, with the same name but a new expiration date.

The solution was to use the Mac's Keychain Access (in Applications, under Utilities) and under Certificates, delete the old, expired certificate. Just remember that that might be the only place where your private key is stored, so you might consider backing up or exporting the expired certificate and key before deleting them from Keychain Access

Hi,

I got it working by deleting the iOS certs & profiles then created a new app in Xcode and when I ran it Xcode repaired the missing certs & profiles.

I have just loaded cameraComponent from the mobile snippets folder. Worked fine on Android / win / Mac but I get the same error:

Checking project dependencies...
Compiling CameraComponent.dproj (Debug, iOSDevice)
brcc32 command line for "CameraComponent.vrc"
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\15.0\bin\cgrc.exe -c65001 "CameraComponent.vrc" -foCameraComponent.res
dcc command line for "CameraComponent.dpr"
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\15.0\bin\dcciosarm.exe -$O- --no-config -M -Q -AGenerics.Collections=System.Generics.Collections;
Generics.Defaults=System.Generics.Defaults;WinTypes=Winapi.Windows;WinProcs=Winapi.Windows;DbiTypes=BDE;DbiProcs=BDE;DbiErrs=BDE -DDEBUG
-E.\iOSDevice\Debug -I"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\15.0\lib\iOSDevice\debug";"c:\program files
(x86)\embarcadero\studio\15.0\lib\iOSDevice\Release";"C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\MyDAC for RAD Studio XE7\Lib\iOSDevice"
-LEC:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\Bpl\iOSDevice -LNC:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\Dcp\iOSDevice
-NU.\iOSDevice\Debug -NSSystem;Xml;Data;Datasnap;Web;Soap; -O"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\15.0\lib\iOSDevice\Release";"C:\Program Files
(x86)\Devart\MyDAC for RAD Studio XE7\Lib\iOSDevice" -R"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\15.0\lib\iOSDevice\Release";"C:\Program Files
(x86)\Devart\MyDAC for RAD Studio XE7\Lib\iOSDevice" -U"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\15.0\lib\iOSDevice\debug";"c:\program files
(x86)\embarcadero\studio\15.0\lib\iOSDevice\Release";"C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\MyDAC for RAD Studio XE7\Lib\iOSDevice"
--syslibroot:C:\Users\stevew\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS8.0.sdk
--frameworkpath:C:\Users\stevew\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS8.0.sdk\System\Library\Frameworks;
C:\Users\stevew\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS8.0.sdk\System\Library\PrivateFrameworks -V -VN --linker-option:"-arch armv7"
-NO.\iOSDevice\Debug CameraComponent.dpr
[DCC Error] E2597 ld: cannot link directly with C:\Users\stevew\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS8.0.sdk/usr/lib/system/libdispatch.dylib. Link against the umbrella framework 'System.framework' instead. for architecture armv7
[DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001)
Failed
Elapsed time: 00:00:00.9

Update local file cache does not cure it this time.

Cheers

Mr Warby

Eli M

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 9:13 PM   in response to: Stev Warby in response to: Stev Warby
I think this thread tells how to fix the libdispatch issue?

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=108540&tstart=0
Stev Warby

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 7:26 AM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Eli M wrote:
I think this thread tells how to fix the libdispatch issue?

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=108540&tstart=0

I have a similar issue with BarcodeScanner app for IOS I get

I tried to the above link but I can't find Macapi.Dispatch.pas only Macapi.Dispatch.hpp but this does not contain the following:

Open Macapi.Dispatch and search for the following line:
libdispatch = '/usr/lib/system/libdispatch.dylib';

This needs to changed to
libdispatch = '/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib'.

Any ideas?

Mr Warby.
John Frazier

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 10:30 PM   in response to: Stev Warby in response to: Stev Warby
Stev Warby wrote:

The "ambiguous" is the key word here. It is saying "hey I am trying to use the cert you mentioned but I see two with the same name and I have no idea which one you mean".

Brian, no simply using the cert number "436LRN54SE" will not work in this case. Trust me I have spent hours figuring this out. The reason it won't work is because there are still 2 of the same item. We do a partial string search on these strings, but if you have two of the same one, it is still ambiguous. Figure out which one is incorrect (either expired or not needed) and delete it in Keychain Access. I just had to go through this in my ITMS-9000 test and this works.
--
John Frazier (Embarcadero Newsgroup Admin)
John Frazier

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 10:38 PM   in response to: Stev Warby in response to: Stev Warby
Stev Warby wrote:
I am on mac Yosemtie & fusion 7.

One other piece of advice I will impart. Be VERY wary about jumping to the latest version of OSX (Yosemite still in beta) and Xcode (6 was in beta when you first posted). You are just asking for trouble. Every time Apple changes their stuff we try our best to test against beta but we will ALWAYS have to play catchup once they ship whatever it is. You (and everybody using our products) should hang back a little bit and not be so eager to click the "update" buttons that Apple throws in your face all the time. Check first before upgrading these things because Apple is not really good about rolling back to previous versions.
--
John Frazier (Embarcadero Newsgroup Admin)
Nikolay Meleshkin

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 8:54 AM   in response to: Stev Warby in response to: Stev Warby
Stev Warby wrote:
[PAClient Error] Error: E0264 Unable to execute '"/usr/bin/codesign" --en "/Users/MacHome/PAServer/scratch-dir/stevew-MainMac/BMWClient.app/Entitlements.plist" --deep -s "iPhone Developer" -f "/Users/MacHome/PAServer/scratch-dir/stevew-MainMac/BMWClient.app"' (Error 1)

I have no idea where to start.
Mr Warby

Edited by: Stev Warby on Sep 25, 2014 8:51 AM

Edited by: Stev Warby on Sep 25, 2014 11:26 AM

Hello Stev,

Probably you can recreate your certificate and make new one with number different by (436LRN54SE) Could you try to do it?

I have stupid idea why it happend. If my advice will help, I will express my assumption and I'll beat my head against the wall.

Very sincerely yours,
Nikolay
Nikolay Meleshkin

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 1:32 AM   in response to: Nikolay Meleshkin in response to: Nikolay Meleshkin
I think you have expired certificate in key chains. XCode can work in this situation. But RAD Studio works different and trying to find certificate by name.

For solving problem - goto into key chains and in menu View set the "Show expired certificates" or like that and remove all of it. After it - move to the System tab and repeat removing.

Very sincerely yours,
Nikolay
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02