Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: XE7 iOS Application Store build error

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 13 - Last Post: Sep 25, 2014 4:08 AM Last Post By: Brian Hamilton ...
brent shelton

XE7 iOS Application Store build error  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 18, 2014 8:22 AM
Has anyone successfully used XE7 to build an iOS app using the Application Store configuration?

I made an empty application and set my cert and provisioning profile.

I tried it on two different Macs. They are running 10.8.4 with XCode 5.1.1

I keep getting [PAClient Error] Error: E0776 Unable to execute '"/usr/bin/xcrun"

I tried the suggested fix in the help file to set +x permissions on that

I made the same empty application in XE6 using the same cert and provisioning profile and it works fine.

Brent
Eli M

Re: XE7 iOS Application Store build error  
  Posted: Sep 18, 2014 8:34 AM   in response to: brent shelton in response to: brent shelton
Yes. It took 6 hours to make Xcode work but I deployed an XE7 app to the app store yesterday.

I don't believe XE6 uses xcrun (or at least the codesign command later on) which is why it works in XE6.

Try:

xcrun --show-sdk-path

And make sure it is the right version of Xcode and the SDK. If not run:

xcode-select --reset
brent shelton

Posted: Sep 18, 2014 9:09 AM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
xcrun --show-sdk-path

It shows /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk

And make sure it is the right version of Xcode and the SDK. If not run:
xcode-select --reset

I'm using Mountain Lion 10.8.4 and the --reset parameter is not an option. I uninstalled and reinstalled XCode from the App Store. I used AppCleaner to make sure I got rid of everything. I also tried XCode 5.1.1 from the developer center instead of the App Store.

I know I could go to a lower version of Xcode for 10.8.4 (SDK 7.0.3) but my phone is at 7.1.2 and I don't know if it would work with that.
Eli M

Posted: Sep 18, 2014 10:02 AM   in response to: brent shelton in response to: brent shelton
On MacInCloud it came back with the same SDK as yours so that is correct:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk

Turn on Verbose mode on the PA server on the Mac (press V) and see what error it reports there about xcrun. You can also take the command line it dies on and run that manually in your own command prompt. You'll get more information from it.
Eli M

Posted: Sep 19, 2014 7:17 AM   in response to: brent shelton in response to: brent shelton
I saw your error on the QC site:

[PAClient Error] Error: E0776 error: Failed to read entitlements from '/var/folders/56/xyyr7k0d1gd8ccy1pwld77840000gn/T/Mct2O25yqj/Payload/justcheckingios.app'
Failed

This was my error as well. Basically I fixed mine by removing all the certs and provisioning and starting over. Also I built a sample app in Xcode and signed it to make sure signing actually worked. It was using the wrong combination of certs and provisioning. Also I switched from using the cert name of "iPhone Distribution: My Company Name" to just "My Company" and it worked.
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 2:54 AM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Also I switched from using the cert name of "iPhone Distribution: My Company Name" to just "My Company" and it worked.

thankyou!
I have been pulling my hair out all day with this error and came across this solution
trying by using my name (works for code signing on my own mac (xcode 4.6)
Jordan Webster

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 12:49 PM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...
Brian Hamilton wrote:
Also I switched from using the cert name of "iPhone Distribution: My Company Name" to just "My Company" and it worked.

thankyou!
I have been pulling my hair out all day with this error and came across this solution
trying by using my name (works for code signing on my own mac (xcode 4.6)

Hey guys. I'm encountering SAME issue. I followed all suggestions above and making changes in the provisioning settings as quoted above in Rad Studio worked.. Almost. Now in application loader I am getting the following error: ERROR ITMS-9000:Missing Code Signing Entitlements.. No entitlements found in bundle ..... for executable 'payload/Somethingyada.app/Somethingyada'.

Anyone know how to fix?
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 1:30 PM   in response to: Jordan Webster in response to: Jordan Webster
Hey guys. I'm encountering SAME issue. I followed all suggestions above and making changes in the provisioning settings as quoted above in Rad Studio worked.. Almost. Now in application loader I am getting the following error: ERROR ITMS-9000:Missing Code Signing Entitlements.. No entitlements found in bundle ..... for executable 'payload/Somethingyada.app/Somethingyada'.

Anyone know how to fix?

Hi
I am in the same situation...and going around in circles...and have been for days...
brent shelton

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 4:43 PM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...
I worked for days on this too and today I finally fixed it on my system. I thought installing Mavericks would fix it but I got a code sign error. I did what the others suggested and deleted my certs and provisioning profiles. When I started over, I made sure that I created separate code signing requests for development and distribution. In the request certificate dialog in Key Chain, I used a different name value for each too. After downloading and installing the 2 certs, make sure the different private key shows below each cert. In the project options, I also change the bundle id to com.mycompany.myapp

I didn't change the entitlements.. Apparently, In App Purchases and Game Center are automatic now. If you use push notifications, you will need to do some extra steps. There is a helpful video on the Embarcadero channel on YouTube showing that.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions guys
Brent
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 2:44 AM   in response to: brent shelton in response to: brent shelton
I cant get past the error
missing code signing entitlements in the bundle error with Application loader

that points to something about the bundle that XE7 is not producing correctly?

I have started over with certificate issues (that have a private key associated with them) and created new provisioning profiles,etc,for distribution...
but sitll going around in circles here..very frustrating
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 5:43 PM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...
I wonder if the problem is that I unticked in app purchases and Game
for when setting up the app in Itunes
but then the provision profiles are setup with those entitlements enabled auto?
Jordan Webster

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 8:53 AM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...
Brian Hamilton wrote:
I wonder if the problem is that I unticked in app purchases and Game
for when setting up the app in Itunes
but then the provision profiles are setup with those entitlements enabled auto?

Still no fix?
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 12:29 PM   in response to: Jordan Webster in response to: Jordan Webster
I am still going around in circles...
using macincloud

to get it to code sign, I need to use my itunes 10 character developer program ID
using iPhone Distributor I get the error as above
: invalid signature (code or signature have been modified)
before the : failed to read entitlement

so it code signs OK
but then application loader says complains about invalid code signing entitlements

I have tried starting over with new certificates on mac, from a new key (request from code signing authority)
and the issues new provisioning profile to app store form appple.com/developer and download that
and then use iphone utility to find the path name to the provisioning profile

this is for a free app .....
i have spent days on this...
others have had the same problems looking around in google...some have got it to work in the end....but it should not be this hard....google is so much easier...

I have read that XE7 code signs in a different way with xcode to xe6...I wonder if I could use that way in a terminal window...the xe6 way...I will test that..

just to add, I can create a test program in xcode on that macincloud and get it code signed OK and create a .ipa acrive file and the loader program only complained about missing icons...is there a way to use the loader in xcode I wonder...rather than application loader?

Edited by: Brian Hamilton on Sep 24, 2014 1:45 PM

Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 1:59 PM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...
Hold the phone!
success at last

it was a simple fix

I noticed in the key chain access there was 2 login entries...one did not have any provisioning profiles

deleted that
re code signed
uploaded

success at last!

hopefully this will help others with the same problem :)

update: I got an email back from apple with error about Missing Code Signing Entitlements - No entitlements found in bundle
so I am back at square one again
must have been a fluke upload

Edited by: Brian Hamilton on Sep 24, 2014 10:39 PM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02