Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: InstallAware or Deployment ?

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Sep 15, 2014 4:24 PM Last Post By: John MacDonald
John MacDonald

InstallAware or Deployment ?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 1, 2014 5:26 AM
I've setup a sample database on a "Licensed interbase server" in my network. I can access the data using my development machine.
I want to setup one of the other computers in my network to use this database. I'm using Interbase and FireDac as I'm sure others have.

When I try to use the deployment option in the IDE I have come up with failures and InstallAware does not seem to have access to my dependencies.

I would appreciate a bit of discussion on this topic.

Which tool should I use and where?

--
JMAC out
John MacDonald

Re: InstallAware or Deployment ?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 15, 2014 4:24 PM   in response to: John MacDonald in response to: John MacDonald
Sometimes the solution is self serve ( big smile )

The problem turned out to be that we were using an old version of the gds32.dll.

Once I started using the proper file everything else got easy....

On to more challenge.

John

John MacDonald wrote:
I've setup a sample database on a "Licensed interbase server" in my network. I can access the data using my development machine.
I want to setup one of the other computers in my network to use this database. I'm using Interbase and FireDac as I'm sure others have.

When I try to use the deployment option in the IDE I have come up with failures and InstallAware does not seem to have access to my dependencies.

I would appreciate a bit of discussion on this topic.

Which tool should I use and where?

--
JMAC out

--
JMAC out
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02